Injury Blue Healers Medical Room 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, Boyd to Stocker is a fair downgrade based on form.

Boyd is an absolute beauty and should be offered a 2 year contract. Offers a real point of difference for us.

Didn't watch it but the VFL report said Stock had a good game.

Most of his clangers at AFL level were off his left foot...I know our players have been using their opposite foot a lot more this year, but Stock should try and use his right more often and whenever possible.

But yeah on balance, Boyd being that quick lockdown defender I think helps Saad/Doc/Newman as well be a bit more aggressive.

Blind Freddie could see that Parkes wasn't coming back this season and we should have had an extra MSD selection

Yep, and if not for Parks to be able to return late in the piece, there was sure to be another casualty in between.

Any risk the Princes Park surface is the culprit?

New surfaces can be hard in the initial years, much like Optus and the complaints when that commenced.

These posts are incredible and I give you a love heart reaction every time.

Can't do it this week. I just can't...
Love them too. And every week, I try to click on one of the Filter/Sort button on Bletch 's first one, the graphic pops open as an image, and I'm reminded of my own foolishness.

Seven days pass - rinse and repeat. Every single week. As a wise man once told me: "Once bitten, twice bitten..."

I know I'm a broken record on this, but after more bad injury news it calls for looking at the positives. So many of our players have benefited from development they might not have gotten if we didn't get injuries and I think it will help the team in the long run.

Young (Jones/Omac) and TDK (Pitto) in particular...only 23 and 22 years old!

Kemp has a chance now and showed a bit in the 2nd half vs Freo. Durdin looked solid enough vs Richmond.

Boyd only got a chance because of injuries to Williams and Stocker...he's looking like a real find after an iffy pre-season and first few AFL games. Stocker now gets another shot with Boyd out.

Then there's Carroll and Motlop who have both gotten a few games...probably ahead of their time but no doubt it will fast track them.

Boyd is another demonstration of how valuable Son Of Curly is to the club. He has really kicked a lot of goals since taking over from SOS.
Young is another example.
Durdin and Carroll..... None of them are high draft picks ... yet they are not busts.

Of course Hewitt and Cerra have been amazing so far as high draft picks

This injury list is the greatest thing that ever happen to our club . For So long we have said if this or that we could of won .. now we know playing a system to a man we win .. if we lose it's method

Also a great way to get a good look at our list. Will help us make the right list management decisions at the end of the year.

Also a great way to get a good look at our list. Will help us make the right list management decisions at the end of the year.

Sure we could win the premiership this year, but 2023 onwards is our better shot at it. We're only in year 1 under Voss and we haven't played finals since 2013.

Will put us in good shape to challenge, arguably better than if we had very few injuries this year.

Clubs have very broad ranging training loads depending on their season goals both short and long term and age profile of their lists. A team pressing for finals will have high intensity training loads at different times to teams that are acknowledging they'll be in the bottom 4 and are developing. It's a complicated formula and most clubs do it differently.

So 6 weeks ago, our S&C department had nothing to do with our injuries, now the whole thing is by design?

Find it odd we'd be going into a heavy training load when we haven't sewn up a top 4 spot. Reminds me of when Richmond fans said they were in theirs at the end of the 2013 H&A season as an excuse reason losing to us in round 21 (they were 5th and 1 game out of the 4) - they lost to us in the EF anyway.... lel.

I know I'm a broken record on this, but after more bad injury news it calls for looking at the positives. So many of our players have benefited from development they might not have gotten if we didn't get injuries and I think it will help the team in the long run.

Young (Jones/Omac) and TDK (Pitto) in particular...only 23 and 22 years old!

Kemp has a chance now and showed a bit in the 2nd half vs Freo. Durdin looked solid enough vs Richmond.

Boyd only got a chance because of injuries to Williams and Stocker...he's looking like a real find after an iffy pre-season and first few AFL games. Stocker now gets another shot with Boyd out.

Then there's Carroll and Motlop who have both gotten a few games...probably ahead of their time but no doubt it will fast track them.
U forgot Cottrell he’s turning into a real find too.

Boyd is another demonstration of how valuable Son Of Curly is to the club. He has really kicked a lot of goals since taking over from SOS.
Young is another example.
Durdin and Carroll..... None of them are high draft picks ... yet they are not busts.

Of course Hewitt and Cerra have been amazing so far as high draft picks
Hewitt we got for nothing and his contract ain’t big either!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

o_O

FWSxFmragAAkOEK

This injury list is the greatest thing that ever happen to our club . For So long we have said if this or that we could of won .. now we know playing a system to a man we win .. if we lose it's method
I reckon TDK has progressed a full season development wise through the loss of Pitt.

Matt Kennedy on radio mentioned that Carroll had unfortunately injured himself on the weekend. Odd that he wasn't on the injury report. You would think if it was just a knock and he was fine Kennedy wouldn't bother mentioning it.
I was surprised he wasn't mentioned on the report - he didn't see out the VFL match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back