Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

nTBGzkebc.gif

72F9A1E7-0720-4D44-A8F9041958A9DA46.jpg

50050.jpg

Ross Lyon's track record in recruiting and developing youth is poor, just does not suit our current playing list..

Spot on.
Lyon is the bloke you want when the list has been built and he'll put the finishing touches to it.

Mick is the perfect bloke for us. Give him time.

Spot on.
Lyon is the bloke you want when the list has been built and he'll put the finishing touches to it.

Spot on. Proud of you, my little mate. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely. How many premierships has Ross Lyon won?

Hawthorn won plenty of games by playing ugly despite their star studded forward line and Ross Lyon teams often play exciting games where they tear their opponent to shreds with attacking football. It's when Ross Lyon teams just smother poorer teams that things get boring but Hawthorn were hardly that exciting when they beating up on average teams as well.

Footballers who played unattractive football but efficient such as Lake, Gibson, Guerra, Stratton and Puopolo all played a role in their success.

Hawthorn is far better to watch than any Freo team under Ross Lyon has ever been.

Hawthorn' current team weren't premiership material till they got Lake though despite their awesome forward line.

Ross Lyon on the other hand relies on Pavlich and two small forwards to kick a winning score.

Hawthorn and Geelong didn't shy away from playing ugly once the finals came around though.

Spot on.

I don't think anyone is saying that we should give MIck the flick for Lyon (at least I hope no one is saying that). I thikn the discussion is predicated on a situation where MIck decides he's had enough.

Otherwise, MIck is definitely the best option for us at the moment.

Hawthorn' current team weren't premiership material till they got Lake though despite their awesome forward line.

Ross Lyon on the other hand relies on Pavlich and two small forwards to kick a winning score.

Hawthorn and Geelong didn't shy away from playing ugly once the finals came around though.

Hawthorn won a flag without Brian Lake and would have won back to back flags anyway, without him, even if Lake won the 2013 Norm Smith.

Besides, he does come across as bit of a tool (that choke he did on Petrie was unforgiveable and getting kicked out of an Aus Open bar for being drunk and i assume obnoxious)

Really don't want our club to recruit those type of headcase players, even if they fill a need for us, but generally i agree with your premise that defence wins grand finals

Why not? We spoke about Tom Boyd for 100's of pages and how'd that turn out?

People just like posting about what's relevant at the time.
That's because I knew that Boyd was coming back to Melbourne and was a very very very big chance of coming to Carlton. Lyon on the other hand I know is not coming to Carlton...

That's because I knew that Boyd was coming back to Melbourne and was a very very very big chance of coming to Carlton. Lyon on the other hand I know is not coming to Carlton...
That's fine but (and please take no offence at this) you aren't the be all and end all of Carlton inside knowledge.

A poster posted a rumour they heard and it was subsequently discussed.

How many Freo people knew Lyon was coming before he shocked the footy world?

That's fine but (and please take no offence at this) you aren't the be all and end all of Carlton inside knowledge.

A poster posted a rumour they heard and it was subsequently discussed.

How many Freo people knew Lyon was coming before he shocked the footy world?
#prettyclosetothebeallandendallofCarltoninsideknowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back