Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

RICE80SF

Senior List
Jun 14, 2000
Geelong, VIC. (Is Don Is Grand)
Hi people

I wonder where the old Bombertalk veterans have gone, now it's pretty much dead? I know Arch, Dutchy, Sandie, Walshy, Dan, S. Robbo, James2, Max Power and myself used to contribute, anyone else on BF?

Remember the acid tongue of "The Doc" also JohnG, Feltchmonkey, Topdon, Wayne Otway, just to name a few. Remember the stoushes we had with opposition supporters after the Prelim. in '99, he he he that was fun, bit of a release. "Rooboy" always provided intelligent posts for an opposition supporter, I reckon it might have been Shinners actually. They realy should get their act together and replace that dead duck with a forum like this one. I think it's important for the club to have a forum, even if the contaent isn't always complimentary.

What did you guys think of McMahon holding a press conference about the Carlton thing? Even though it wasn't all gloating, which the club has a right to do, in my opinion he should not have done it. He should have just kept quit unless asked about it and then only question the AFL's inconsitency. I just thought it lacked a little bit of class, not in Elliott's league mind you, but I think it was a mistake all the same. Their not worthy of a responce, would have been the best course of action I think. What about you guys?

Cheers.

------------------
RED & BLACK BACK to BACK 2001!

Hey mate,

RoBomber here from BomberTalk.

It is dissapointing that Bombertalk has finished used to be a lot of fun with constructive arguments.

Does anyone know when it may be back online...

Go Dons!!!
Ro

Ricey

I've only visited BomberTalk once, and it wasn't back in '99!

There's this Essendon fan by the name of Kev who posts a lot on the official North forum. He posts some very thoughtful stuff, but a few idiot home fans on the board just abuse him not for what he says, but for who he supports. Anyone know if he posts on BigFooty, but under a different name?

I remember the stoushs well Ricey, my favourite were the ones involving that West Coast fool, Eagle Dick, I mean Eagle Nick. JohnG can be found at other football sites, whilst Wayne Otway/Skills, has posted once on this board (check the topic on James Davies).

As for Graeme McMahon, I thought that the article in The Age was complete BS. Obviously his statements regarding Carlton ie "serial salary cap offenders," were provocative, but so too were the comments he made on family day; why where these statements not condemed as bringing Essendon into direpute?

In any case, they constituted a small part of the press conference, most of which discussed the need for transparency, as well as consistency in the regulation of the salery cap issue. Essendon (and Melbourne) have a direct interest in this issue, as they were punished (and rightly so) for breaching the rules. It is laughable to suggest that officials from these two clubs should not feel free to discuss the leniant treatment handed out to Carlton, after they both received hefty punishments for the same offence.

If Essendon had no interest in the announcement and El Presidente just called the press conference in order to take a cheap shot at the Carlton Football Club, then I would agree with you. However, in this instance, I thought Graeme McMahon was more then entitled to speak his mind.

Shinners
A Kev posts on the weagles forum a lot & gets up their noses quite a bit, he is a Bomber supporter, but I don't know if it is the same Kev.
Ricey
I tend to agree with you, I think McMahon should have shown more restraint, it would have made him look a bigger person than elliott by not getting dragged into this debate. It has given the blues fuel for the fire.

------------------
Mantis

Sandie

Just going on the WCE official forum and just saying that you support another team is usually enough to get up their noses
biggrin.gif

BomberTalk is dead as the dodo it seems.

Shame really.

Brad no longer has anything to do with the EFC site I was told and I doubt that a new messageboard will be put into place as most AFL clubs are cracking down or taking them down on on their official sites.

I can go way back with the messageboard to the days when Brad ran it off his Monash homepage - more names to throw around from the past. Laurie Daley, Adam Gallasch (alleged jailbird from Adelaide) and PeterC and his right wing fascist views.

Hopefully, just hopefully I might be in the situation to announce something that ex-BomberTalkers may like in the next week or so. Just waiting for some legal jargon contracts to be worked out.

As for McMahon, never liked the man, still don't. Won't ever forgive him for what he did at the Members Vote night about moving to Colonial years back. I cringe every time is see his fat head on TV.

[This message has been edited by Max Power (edited 03 November 2000).]

Yeah, I think we should be at the MCG too.

As for this big footy forum. It's easily the best format, and the should do it at Bomberland, but apparently, no one seems to be taking up the responsibility.

I suppose it doens't really matter. This is the number 2 football site ont he web and we've got our own little home here anyway. All the clubs do. And this site is growing too.

This jogged my memory of Docklands and the stuff that went on in 1998.

Even went back into the achives to see what ever happened to the anti-Docklands website I drew up and lo and behold it's still there.

Forgot about most of the s**t I wrote in it.
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Sideline/3308/

Surprised Geocities haven't deleted it. Guestbook seems rooted though.

Well that was one battle I lost still reckon in the long run I was pretty close to what happened in most cases.

"In conclusion, if Essendon makes Docklands it's home ground. YOU WILL PAY MORE to go to the football." - Reckon that has been the case

Would of loved to have put some of those points to the meeting but McMahon banned me from asking any questions and in the end had his hired goons stand over me for most of the evening then he just got pissed and cut the meeting short with not 1 question asked. Ain't democracy grand?

All hail Fuhrer McMahon!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Max Power (edited 03 November 2000).]

yeah- I remember reading the old old bombertalk page for about 6 months before I had the guts to post something myself- back in about mid 90's when I first ever got online. I remember Gusto esp, and people like Mel, The Doc etc, then in 99 we had a kewl crew includiing feltchy (Dan24's arch-rival), Egg etc etc, until the site gradually came to a halt. I posted a message on BT after the GF win- as Feltchy had posted a "where are these guys" type message asking where all the old regs had got to, and there was a response from almost everyone !!!! (mine dissappeared two days later- thus ending any patience I had left with the site).
But hopefully it'll get back up for the good of the club- Id prefer posting here now anyway- but the club does need its own dedictaed forum.

Oh- and Mcmahon- a bit classless i think, but you could tell he just couldnt help himself, and who could blame him ???

Cheers

Arch.

PS- Walshy- I actually work for the same firm that Brad Paton works for !!! Small world eh ????

[This message has been edited by Arch (edited 06 November 2000).]

I prefer this format much more, because you can see the past posts in one giant thread. Unlike BT, where you could only see one message at a time.

Where is Feltchmonkey anyway ? We should get him on here. And Egg ? And Skills too....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ricey..I was the original Rooboy on Bomberchat..I think the Bigfooty Rooboy may have been Rooboy96 and the Dutchman may have
been Max Crow..and Dan24 ..well he was just Dan..annoying on both chat forums.
Always liked "Manton" on the old bomberchat..a real piss taker was "Manton"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back