Toast Brad Lloyd - Head of Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to turn your "firecracker" into a damn squib... but there is a lot in O'Brien that the right coach will bring out. He has a fair amount of talent and a fair amount of mongrel in him, something rare in our team, and the right coach will bring all that out in him. Someone like Hodge or Mitchell would be the type of coach we need to bring it all out for him.

That and about 10kg in weight. But he isn't afraid to fly the flag against anyone!

O'Brien mongrel? you got to be kidding

O'Brien mongrel? you got to be kidding
The problem I see with O'Brien is that he can hold his own in the face to face grappling/false bravado tough guy antics, but doesnt appear to have that same aggression to hunt for the ball, as his game is to play outside distributor.

I fear that this is the draft that may haunt us. Nick Coffield & Hunter Clark were two that I really liked before the draft and both look great at the saints. At this stage Dow is a 50/50 proposition and O'Brien is looking more and more like a bust.

Still time but gee one of those saints running around in blue would be nice!
I could be wrong but I'm sure we passed over Aaron Naughton and Adam Cerra too in that same draft.

I could be wrong but I'm sure we passed over Aaron Naughton and Adam Cerra too in that same draft.
Whilst this is correct, most would have had us take LDU as the next best available after Dow. We were reportedly weighing up Dow vs Cerra, but only because we expected LDU to be off the board at pick 2. Cerra had injury concerns leading into the draft, and we had enough injury risk on our books. Dow was the safe play at the time, but hasnt developed like we would have hoped at this stage.

Whilst this is correct, most would have had us take LDU as the next best available after Dow. We were reportedly weighing up Dow vs Cerra, but only because we expected LDU to be off the board at pick 2. Cerra had injury concerns leading into the draft, and we had enough injury risk on our books. Dow was the safe play at the time, but hasnt developed like we would have hoped at this stage.
And if we'd picked Cerra, you'd now would've more likely seen him shining shoes or cleaning windshields on the road with a filthy rag.

O'Brien and Dow are both out of Geelong and I suspect SOS drafted them together as a pair, like a Kouta/Ang dynamic or a Ben/Finbar deal. They should both stay and they have until they're 24 to come good - like Parish just did. Their potential is worth more than their currency.

We should've gone after a CHF like Jeremy Cameron when he was available and if Charlie ever comes good, he could play a Brad Pearce role - look it up if you're under 30. I suspect Charlie's running-patterns would be restricted and I suspect that Harry is better suited at FF.

A priority has to be a 200cm Key Back as the 2021 Forward prototype is 200cm a la Harry, King and the 3 ESS have got.

And while we wait for somebody to come of age as a Mid - a 3rd ready to go like Merrit, Kelly etc.

We are currently inadequate and probably won't make the 8. The 3 additions above and we are Top 4.

O'Brien and Dow are both out of Geelong and I suspect SOS drafted them together as a pair, like a Kouta/Ang dynamic or a Ben/Finbar deal. They should both stay and they have until they're 24 to come good - like Parish just did. Their potential is worth more than their currency.

We should've gone after a CHF like Jeremy Cameron when he was available and if Charlie ever comes good, he could play a Brad Pearce role - look it up if you're under 30. I suspect Charlie's running-patterns would be restricted and I suspect that Harry is better suited at FF.

A priority has to be a 200cm Key Back as the 2021 Forward prototype is 200cm a la Harry, King and the 3 ESS have got.

And while we wait for somebody to come of age as a Mid - a 3rd ready to go like Merrit, Kelly etc.

We are currently inadequate and probably won't make the 8. The 3 additions above and we are Top 4.
Dow is from Swan Hill
O'Brien seems to be from Mildura

Both Bendigo Pioneers Boy's

They would have been offered schooling at Geelong to play football

Dow is from Swan Hill
O'Brien seems to be from Mildura

Lochie grew up in rural Victoria and played junior football for the South Mildura Football Club

Dow grew up in Swan Hill

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes now i remember.

A. McKay would be on the CFC website every week talking about how injured players were going , not sure i have ever heard Brad Lloyd say anything.
Because that's not his job... he's the head of football operations. It's Russell's job as the head of high performance to come out with the injury comments. If we hear from Lloyd in the near future, it's to announce the arrival of a tranche of quality assistant coaches to help Teague whip the team into shape!

Because that's not his job... he's the head of football operations. It's Russell's job as the head of high performance to come out with the injury comments. If we hear from Lloyd in the near future, it's to announce the arrival of a tranche of quality assistant coaches to help Teague whip the team into shape!
Fair enough lets hope we hear from him sooner rather than later.

No thanks to Balme.

Besides he is nearly 100 years old.

If anyone at Richmond we should poach, it is Benny Gale.

He is the real brainstrust behind Richmond becoming a powerhouse imo.
Smarter than your average Balme by a long shot.

But George, you can’t even compare Darcy Parish to Dow or O’Brien. Parish hasn’t just miraculously come good. He’s been top ten twice in the bombers b&f and is trending upwards. Can’t say the same for our boys.

There was a 3 point plan outlined and first the objection was that they didn't play at the same Junior Club, now it's the Parish analogy is irreconcilable.

Get a 2200cm backman. get an established midfielder, throw Charlie to a Forward Pocket as the Le Cras/Pearce 3rd tall. Obviously this generation can't isolate arguments.

Trade Dow or LOB for what?

No thanks to Balme.

Besides he is nearly 100 years old.

If anyone at Richmond we should poach, it is Benny Gale.

He is the real brainstrust behind Richmond becoming a powerhouse imo.

Hasn't he been anointed as the next AFL CEO?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back