Brexit - The UK referendum on leaving the EU - Reneging, reshmeging!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MPs are servants of the people. As for advisory this is what the government posted to every household.

A once in a generation decision The referendum on Thursday, 23rd June is your chance to decide if we should remain in or leave the European Union. The Government believes it is in the best interests of the UK to remain in the EU. This is the way to protect jobs, provide security, and strengthen the UK’s economy for every family in this country – a clear path into the future, in contrast to the uncertainty of leaving. This is your decision. The Government will implement what you decide.

They tried to implement a Brexit under the terms of the campaign and Tory ultras voted it down.

Nonsense. No ECJ, No single market, no customs union. It was very clear.

You are repeating the BS put about by the imbecile Mcgrory.

From the Leave campaign:

There is a European free trade zone from Iceland to the Russian border and we will be part of it.

(Alongside belters such as: We spend our money on our priorities. Instead of sending £350 million per week to Brussels, we will spend it on our priorities like the NHS and schools. And We do not necessarily have to use Article 50 - we may agree with the EU another path that is in both our interests.)

Which of his points did you disagree with?

- I am far from an expert in the ancient art of British politics, but for the life of me I cannot see a scenario in which Johnson’s position isn’t manifestly stronger after his supposed “humiliating defeat”.

Joe admits he knows nothing about British politics but is going to have a shot any.

The second is that by almost every measure, the Conservative Party is enormously likely to win majority government under Mr Johnson — something it spectacularly failed to do under Theresa May in yet another poll shock that defied all expectations.

- This is literally what happened with May, but under Johnson, it will magically not happen, even though Joe admits he doesn't know much about British politics.

Now, instead of looking like he’s making a cynical power play to prop up his parliamentary numbers, Boris can play the reluctant hero, appearing befuddled and besieged and attempting to resolve this historical impasse by humbly submitting to the judgment of the people — a judgment that virtually every poll shows will deliver him a thumping win.

- Or he could look like a clueless posh boy advised by a psycho and whose own brother doesn't trust him who has pissed off the moderate wing of his party and the Scottish wing and starts any campaign way behind.

This is precisely why the Coalition never went for the jugular on Bill Shorten.

- I see Joe has been back at the bongwater. They literally had a Kill Bill strategy.

But of course both these concepts are far too complex for Jeremy Corbyn, a man whose density is rivalled only by the bottom half of the periodic table

- Righto, trenchant analysis. Corbyn smart enough to have seen off two Tory PMs and defeated Johnson on every parliamentary of his premiership so far.

Only way Boris can go for n-deal now is to break the law, though that won't work.

Friggin' cretinous Brexit types could have had it THREE TIMES but voted it down.

If it is, who would take over? Not sure Corbyn would get enough support for a national government. A Tory moderate? Ken Clarke (to be really left field)?

Corbyn will get suitable support if its a dead man's government existing only to vote itself out of existence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol . The victim. Don't flatter yourself big guy.

You're a racist.(am I doing it right)
Try to address one point. Any point. Even one you've made yourself.

Exactly. The Leave campaign insisted we'd hold all the cards, be in a strong position and get a great deal. Over three years later, they've been exposed as a pack of liars.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
I am willing to be charitable
Not liars just underestimated and didn’t understand the task

None prepared to do the s**t work either, Boris apparently is shamming through the ‘negotiations’

All very trump like. Make s**t decisions then get off on telling everyone else how they are much worse.

Boris needs to go full Trump.

Get a large map and just colour over Europe in a blue sharpie.

There - fixed. EU is gone

MPs are servants of the people. As for advisory this is what the government posted to every household.

A once in a generation decision The referendum on Thursday, 23rd June is your chance to decide if we should remain in or leave the European Union. The Government believes it is in the best interests of the UK to remain in the EU. This is the way to protect jobs, provide security, and strengthen the UK’s economy for every family in this country – a clear path into the future, in contrast to the uncertainty of leaving. This is your decision. The Government will implement what you decide.

So no deal here we come
France might block further extensions and thereby give UK no deal where UK can blame the frogs- so win win

Second referendum seems only way out from here (as I've been saying for yonks)

The other option is for say the Lib-Dems to campaign on a basis of outright cancellation of Brexit, if they made it an overt "give us a mandate to call the whole thing off" type platform. But I doubt they'd be bold enough to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back