Brighton Homes Arena (Springfield) discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure up there but in Victoria most construction is being told to continue on. Keeping the economy ticking over and all that. Most companies are trying things like setting up and isolating teams/break areas/work areas
I believe most people are concerned some of the funding will be pulled.

As someone said earlier, all depends on where in the cycle the funds are. Have they been paid or still in the committed side of things. Anything that is in this years funding cycle is being pushed at out the door to ensure spending is still happening. Anything that is next year or beyond is under threat

As someone said earlier, all depends on where in the cycle the funds are. Have they been paid or still in the committed side of things. Anything that is in this years funding cycle is being pushed at out the door to ensure spending is still happening. Anything that is next year or beyond is under threat

Here you go:

Thankfully I believe all the committed money had already been paid, so I think this will be fine. Pretty sure they got all government and AFL money in the bank account at the start of this year.

As long as the AFL/government didn't use a credit card and charge it back, we're good.

Just to settle this, David Noble confirmed on the Roar Deal this week that the Springfield project isn't in any jeopardy and is still on schedule. Good news amidst everything else.

Just to settle this, David Noble confirmed on the Roar Deal this week that the Springfield project isn't in any jeopardy and is still on schedule. Good news amidst everything else.

Amazing news.

Hi guys and girls, I was just wondering would the plan be to play all women's games at the reserve? Or still have one or 2 at hickey park or another more central venue? As well as a double header with the men's team at the gabba? Just curious is all.
Cheers 🙂

Hi guys and girls, I was just wondering would the plan be to play all women's games at the reserve? Or still have one or 2 at hickey park or another more central venue? As well as a double header with the men's team at the gabba? Just curious is all.
Cheers 🙂
The reserve.

And finish the stadium, and move the men out there as well.

Part of a long e-mail just received from the Club Chairman relevant to this thread

"We hold separate additional funds that have been raised to develop our boutique stadium and training and administration facility, The Reserve Community Arena at Springfield. Those funds have been provided specifically to be utilised in the development of The Reserve and under the terms of the Grants for the provision of those funds they cannot be used to fund the general operations of the Club. Therefore, those funds will remain quarantined from the broader operations of the Club. We are, with the limited resources we have operating at present, continuing work on The Reserve and site earthworks are now complete. While we will be prudent and consider what, if any, implications the current crisis has for the configuration of our planned new facilities, we remain fully committed to the development of The Reserve. With the cost savings to the Club and commercial opportunities it presents, these current circumstances make the long-term case for The Reserve even more compelling."

Part of article/e-mail
A $6.5 million preliminary earthworks package will be completed in the coming week, which has involved the rerouting of Mountain Creek to accommodate The Reserve, the creation of building pads and spectator mounds and the shaping of the oval sub-base. The first grass and trees were planted last week to re-establish riparian vegetation along the creek.

Latest time lapse photo.

1586835250041.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talk around that with the influx of money coming into Queensland from the AFL, that more money could come Springfield's way as a result of goodwill by the AFL for Queensland saving the AFL's hide and also to cater for the renewed interest in AFL in Queensland and the need to upgrade a lot of AFL facilities around the state.

Great news for the Lions and anything that directs kids to AFL potentially has the benefit of producing the next Harris Andrews or Eric Hipwood down the track.

Talk around that with the influx of money coming into Queensland from the AFL, that more money could come Springfield's way as a result of goodwill by the AFL for Queensland saving the AFL's hide and also to cater for the renewed interest in AFL in Queensland and the need to upgrade a lot of AFL facilities around the state.

Great news for the Lions and anything that directs kids to AFL potentially has the benefit of producing the next Harris Andrews or Eric Hipwood down the track.
Like a competitive Suns team in SEQ?

It would be good to know if this project is on schedule.
I check the time lapse stills about every 2 to 3 weeks.
Their does not appear to be much "visual" construction happening on the real time image.
However when i look at a daily time lapse from 6am to 5pm construction is happening to the right of screen.
Looks like they are cutting into a hill section.
Possibly the area for the building & grandstand part of project.
I suppose the oval area needs to settle for a period of time before laying the next part of soil and turf
Because the oval area is the largest visual you see it gives the impression that not much is happening.
Compare my April shot in above post to today's image below

1594861117341.png

It would be good to know if this project is on schedule.
I check the time lapse stills about every 2 to 3 weeks.
Their does not appear to be much "visual" construction happening on the real time image.
However when i look at a daily time lapse from 6am to 5pm construction is happening to the right of screen.
Looks like they are cutting into a hill section.
Possibly the area for the building & grandstand part of project.
I suppose the oval area needs to settle for a period of time before laying the next part of soil and turf
Because the oval area is the largest visual you see it gives the impression that not much is happening.
Compare my April shot in above post to today's image below

View attachment 913090
Heard a little while ago that they were having the construction part of the project re-tendered because of Covid, hoping prices would come down a bit.

So fully functioning boutique stadium that encompasses the whole oval at Springfield it is then.

Definitely a golden opportunity for the AFL in QLD. Wonder how the NRL teams are feeling about the intrusion.
Wonder how many Broncos fans have jumped to the Lions the last few weeks. Crash Cradock said there are around 10k that switch to whichever is doing better.

Don’t know much about this ground.. what’s the actual plan for it?

To be a site for AFLW and preseason Lions games.
Turn that hill into the place to be. Rent space to food stalls and plant some trees behind the spectator space please. Jacarandas would be nice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back