Brighton Homes Arena (Springfield) discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Rubbish. They’ve gone 7pm as if it’s some sort of prime time tv extravaganza. Now no one can attend other than the desperates. Good stuff AFL!
I will be there and so will a lot of others so don't consider i am desperate at all.
Also 8pm for most viewers down south but only if they have Foxtel or Kayo. So not a "prime TV extravaganza" schedule.
The game is free to attend but i bet it is ticketed.
No reason why they can't get 7k + to attend this game.
Not all Lions fans wanted to attend a potential very hot day game for the AFLW GF. Also, many don't support AFLW except they wish them well.
Now supporters have an opportunity to go in cooler conditions and watch us play last year's GF winners.
Fans also get to see the new ground at night or for the very first time.

Also, there are a lot of Geelong supporters in Brisbane, and they will have to wait till round 19 at the Gabba to see them again.

I will be there and so will a lot of others so don't consider i am desperate at all.
Also 8pm for most viewers down south but only if they have Foxtel or Kayo. So not a "prime TV extravaganza" schedule.
The game is free to attend but i bet it is ticketed. Annoying. No one wants to buy a ticket for a free event.
No reason why they can't get 7k + to attend this game. Umm yes there is. It’s at at a s**t time.
Not all Lions fans wanted to attend a potential very hot day game for the AFLW GF. Also, many don't support AFLW except they wish them well. What about neutral supporters who just want to go along and watch League players up close?
Now supporters have an opportunity to go in cooler conditions and watch us play last year's GF winners. Really? Is that why people are going?
Fans also get to see the new ground at night or for the very first time. Cool. As long as you don’t work or have kids, then fine!

Also, there are a lot of Geelong supporters in Brisbane, and they will have to wait till round 19 at the Gabba to see them again. …..

Definitely a crappy time to play a game even if it is a practice match....not many families would attend I expect. It needs to be ticketed regardless of whether there is a cost or not to ensure there is not a lockout creating drama all over the area.

We'll be making the trek down for our first visit to the reserve.
Thats great, you and a lot of Lions supporters will use this opportunity to see our new ground up close and personal.
Unless people follow and attend the AFLW, fans of AFL will only get 1 chance each year to attend a game at Brighton Homes Arena
It is a long off-season for fans, and they should be very eager to watch our boys take on the premiers be it a pre-season game.

It will be ticketed and i doubt there will be any costs involved.
Also ticketing allows you to purchase a car park at that time. It was $10 for the AFLW GF and i suggest people pay up for parking.

We'll be making the trek down for our first visit to the reserve.
Just noticed you are at the Sunshine Beach so that is a trek.
At this point in time Google maps indicates a 2hour to 2hour 15-minute drive
Are you driving or catching a train via a park and ride at some point along the route.

In my opinion, of all the times allocated for that weekend only the Sydney v Carlton, Blacktown International Sports Park, 7.10pm AEDT is a better time spot.
The Lions have a Friday midday game V Swans the week before the Cats game. Now that is a bad time spot to play.

Next best time spot in my opinion is the Melbourne v Richmond, Casey Fields, 4.10pm AEDT.
But that is not a night game, and i believe we need to play a game under lights at Brighton Homes Arena
Makes the game a better spectacle on TV even though it is only on Foxtel & Kayo
The more appealing look the ground has on TV the better for our sponsors, especially Brighton Homes.
Most fans i know prefer to attend a night game at The Gabba than a day game.

Going on Danny Daly's comments weeks ago i think the Lions actually requested a Thursday or Friday night game.
I also expect the Lions will play an intraclub game at night before the Cats game, but that's an assumption on my part.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just noticed you are at the Sunshine Beach so that is a trek.
At this point in time Google maps indicates a 2hour to 2hour 15-minute drive
Are you driving or catching a train via a park and ride at some point along the route.
We'll drive down and stay the night at the in-laws Hawthorne like we do when the Lions play home night games but its to good an opp to not see the Cats play there. We're also frequent reserve wacthers particularly Burpengary games & i reckon we'll try to see maybe 4-5 games vfl games at the reserve if we can.

Scoreboard was operational last night
Until the last quarter. The reds were up 10 plus goals and then with about 2-3 minutes to go the scores kept changing until they read maroons up by 1 goal with 2 mins to play. My 13yo son, with OCD, was going off that it is was not right. Tired t explain to him that they maybe were practicing a set-play drill of how to score in the dying minutes.

Arrived after 1/2 time, and manged to get some of last snags before the ran out. Ended up finding a car park at the far end, northern end.
Didn't think to try the multi-storey carpark near the station. Did anybody else?

At the moment there is no paid parking option for the sold-out Cats game.
I imagine closer to the game the club will email members with some parking options being either free or paid.
Spoke to a Lions staff member on Friday about parking.

See mentioned a few things.
Said unable to offer paid parking with tickets because it was a free game.
The number 3 carpark is actually leased by the club. Any parking fee would go to the club.
The Springfield College may offer paid parking. It is located opposite the junction of Eden Station Rd & Springfield Greenbank Arterial.
There will be additional train services on the night.
A lot of people attended the AFLW GF game using the train service.
She was unsure at the time about access to the multi-story park and ride and other park and ride options close to BHA.
The club may release more tickets at a later date.

I am considering catching the train to the Geelong game. It seems the most practical option from anywhere north of the River. Drive 2 hours through Friday peak traffic or sit in comfort.Does anyone know the walking distance from the Springfield Station to the ground entrance? Is it flattish? Any problem for arthritic knees :)

Sent from my SM-A525F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am considering catching the train to the Geelong game. It seems the most practical option from anywhere north of the River. Drive 2 hours through Friday peak traffic or sit in comfort.Does anyone know the walking distance from the Springfield Station to the ground entrance? Is it flattish? Any problem for arthritic knees :)

The platforms at Springfield Central station are above ground but there are stairs and presumably a lift to ground level. Once you are out of the station it's a 100-200m trundle into the ground. Could barely be more easily accessible.

Flat walk. About 250m. Station has travelators/escalators I’m pretty sure.

7671b724380413.563333539505c.jpg

Escalator's with lift in the background.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back