Brownlow Medal 2009 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brownlow Medal part 2

Had enough of talking about your 3 teams in the DT thread DWD?
Cooney wont beat Boyd he will poll next to no votes for the first half of the season and even the 2nd half of the season boyd was better than cooney.

Did you think Cooney would get remotly close to the brownlow last year??

Boyd and Cooney had about even years last year maybe Cooney ever so slightly ahead and finished with double his votes. Boyd has had a better year but that means nothing come charlie night.

Had enough of talking about your 3 teams in the DT thread DWD?
Cooney wont beat Boyd he will poll next to no votes for the first half of the season and even the 2nd half of the season boyd was better than cooney.

I have Cooney a vote ahead. We will see. ;)

Did you think Cooney would get remotly close to the brownlow last year??

Boyd and Cooney had about even years last year maybe Cooney ever so slightly ahead and finished with double his votes. Boyd has had a better year but that means nothing come charlie night.

I thought he had a good shot at finishing top 3 didnt think he would win.

Im unsure if the Carlton side had done their Best and Fairest yet but the word from carlton was that Murphy was ahead of Judd for B&F. These dont usually relate to the brownlow but it shows hes a decent enough chance. However im pretty sure Judd will get up, hes had a magnificent year again. IMO at $9 to win the brownlow hes over priced.

People talking about Cooney having a bad year have to be kidding themselves. After round 9 he did not get under 24 posses and in that game he had 2 goals. In the last 13 games he also had it over 30 times in 8 of those games, 6 of those games were wins and the other 2 were 1 kick losses.

He could quite easily out do Boyd come monday nights.
Goodes came about 5th in Sydney's B&F this year. Says it all really.

7 sleeps till Christmas

HAHA I've been referring to it as my Christmas for the last month or so. All my friends are pissed off with me talking about the brownlow, but on the monday I'm always inundated with calls asking for advice

HAHA I've been referring to it as my Christmas for the last month or so. All my friends are pissed off with me talking about the brownlow, but on the monday I'm always inundated with calls asking for advice

HAHA same. :D I've had a countdown in msn name for a few weeks lol.

I've even started dreaming about it, I'm that involved in it. :D Researching all the time. :p

ive put judd in the majority of my multis and am starting too feel like that was getting greedy ashe could gett done by murphy.

thoughts? :confused:

I think you are pretty safe. I think Gibbs has more chance of beating him than Murphy, but I don't that will happen

Nothing can compare to the value on offer for Brownlow Medal betting, it really is Christmas, once a year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did a multi with the head to heads

judd over swan
goodes over dal santo
black over selwood
murphy over didak

did a saver with selwood instead of black. I'm 90% sure one of them will get up, any thoughts?

Did a multi with the head to heads

judd over swan
goodes over dal santo
black over selwood
murphy over didak

did a saver with selwood instead of black. I'm 90% sure one of them will get up, any thoughts?

Judd should beat swan, 60/40 though.
Goodes 50/50 vs Dal
Black slight fave against Selwood.
Murphy could lose to Didak.

all toss ups :p

I'm confident on Montagna to beat Boyd, multi'd that into Black.

I've even started dreaming about it, I'm that involved in it. :D Researching all the time. :p

haha. i think i get on bigfooty to check the thread like 20 times a day. so excited.
hopefully, 'touch wood' we'll all be back on here on the tuesday talking about how much money we will be collecting.:thumbsu:

haha. i think i get on bigfooty to check the thread like 20 times a day. so excited.
hopefully, 'touch wood' we'll all be back on here on the tuesday talking about how much money we will be collecting.:thumbsu:
Yep same. It's amazing how you can be totally convinced by something one minute, and then one post later you've got so much doubt. :p

Nothing can compare to the value on offer for Brownlow Medal betting, it really is Christmas, once a year.

Agree. Struggle to work out how they make money off multis. With diligence and using at least four different betting agencies, you can almost ensure you don't lose money.

That said, tough year for the winner I reckon. Team betting a bonanza, as always.

the year greg williams missed out in the last round when he had 43 or 44 disposals to miss the medal - a few years later, an umpire from that game was interviewed. he said that williams had done nothing but harass them all day, get in their ear about how much he was getting held off the ball, abuse them for frees they missed etc. in their words "he drove them mad all day". if a player makes their job harder like this, why should they get recognised for being FAIREST?

one silly one, that allows for traditional "darlings" to be overlooked a bit:

cooney/murphy/o'keefe/selwood - $538.48
This multi should be 5 million to 1 as it has no show

Change the record mate. Everyone keeps banging on about Ablett "getting overlooked" for votes. Last year he missed 3 games and got 22 votes. If they were "overlooking" him last year, then maybe they'll actually 'look' at him this year and he'll get his 24. I don't rate Selwood's year as high as everyone else and I think most of the love for Selwood is based on the fact he polled well last year. I think a few people might be disappointed with the way he goes on the night. But that's my opinion.
Selwoods year is nearly the same as 08. Where Ablett has increased his possessions by 5 per game and is a shoe in.
Swan is similar 7 more per game so this is the quinella 14/1

Selwoods year is nearly the same as 08. Where Ablett has increased his possessions by 5 per game and is a shoe in.
Swan is similar 7 more per game so this is the quinella 14/1

No way mate. Selwood has significantly increased his output, whilst Ablett has become greedy and is now nicknamed Gary Handball Jnr. Continually runs around the back of a player for the cheap touch ala Kane Cornes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back