Bruce Lehrmann revealed as man charged with two counts of rape in Toowoomba

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone got the social media posts Linda Reynolds is upset about?

One of them was an instagram post from Ms Higgins on 4 July last year referencing an SMH article where Reynolds accuses Federal Attorney General Mark Dreyfus of denying her government funding for legal assistance for representation during the Sofronoff Inquiry. Higgins' instagram post said:

“This is from a current Australian senator who continues to harass me through the media and in the parliament,”

There was another post from Higgins on Twitter on 20 July last year that is also the subject of Reynolds' action:

Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 8.55.45 PM.png

That twitter post was subsequent to a concerns notice issued on 5 July 2023 by Reynolds' legal team requesting that, amongst other things, Ms Higgins refrain from defaming their client.

Reynolds is also alleging that Higgins’s posts were in breach of a settlement and release signed in March 2021. That settlement (an agreement between the parties to release one another from all future claims, demands, and legal action) allegedly contained a non-disparagement clause. That would be a breach of contract issue rather than a defamation action.

There is a set of five social media posts from David Sharaz that Reynolds is taking action over but I have not seen them.

Concerns have been raised as to why Linda Reynolds has chosen to sue for defamation as a private citizen in the WA Court when the matter has nothing to do with Western Australia and the matter would have seemed best suited to the ACT Supreme Court. I did read an article on why, apart from her being a WA citizen, pursuing defamation action in the state of WA might be advantageous for Ms Reynolds and other politicians but I can't recall its details. In any case, like any WA citizen Reynolds is entitled to take action in that state.

Last edited:
I still think the most damning thing is people/witnesses seemed accepting that Parliament House was the go-to for a little late night drunken nookie. The place where state secrets are within easy reach.

Don’t they have sex motels in the ACT
Why pay for a cheap motel when you can access your office for free? What I don't get is what the people having sex are hiding from. Surely anyone with half a brain whose partner or spouse works away in politics knows that they have affairs all the time.

Surely anyone with half a brain whose partner or spouse works away in politics knows that they have affairs all the time.
I guess the idea is that as the public we are expecting politicians and political staffers to go to work to work, just like the rest of us.
Imagine if Coles workers just felt like they needed to duck into the freezer room to hook up, when the shelves needed to be stacked, etc.

It’s unprofessional, it’s not a safe practice and it’s unnecessary.

It’s just basic adulting, isn’t it. There’s a time and a place for everything.

I guess the idea is that as the public we are expecting politicians and political staffers to go to work to work, just like the rest of us.
Imagine if Coles workers just felt like they needed to duck into the freezer room to hook up, when the shelves needed to be stacked, etc.

It’s unprofessional, it’s not a safe practice and it’s unnecessary.

It’s just basic adulting, isn’t it. There’s a time and a place for everything.
I agree, but don't get why these people insist on doing it at Parliament House rather than their Canberra homes. Don't want to wake up the housemate?

if Coles workers just felt like they needed to duck into the freezer room to hook up
LOL there is no room in the freezer room to hook up, Coles freezer rooms are notoriously under provisioned especially since the they added Coles Online and Head Office wont spring for the stores to get prayer rooms.

One of them was an instagram post from Ms Higgins on 4 July last year referencing an SMH article where Reynolds accuses Federal Attorney General Mark Dreyfus of denying her government funding for legal assistance for representation during the Sofronoff Inquiry. Higgins' instagram post said:

“This is from a current Australian senator who continues to harass me through the media and in the parliament,”

There was another post from Higgins on Twitter on 20 July last year that is also the subject of Reynolds' action:

View attachment 1962425

That twitter post was subsequent to a concerns notice issued on 5 July 2023 by Reynolds' legal team requesting that, amongst other things, Ms Higgins refrain from defaming their client.

Reynolds is also alleging that Higgins’s posts were in breach of a settlement and release signed in March 2021. That settlement (an agreement between the parties to release one another from all future claims, demands, and legal action) allegedly contained a non-disparagement clause. That would be a breach of contract issue rather than a defamation action.

There is a set of five social media posts from David Sharaz that Reynolds is taking action over but I have not seen them.

Concerns have been raised as to why Linda Reynolds has chosen to sue for defamation as a private citizen in the WA Court when the matter has nothing to do with Western Australia and the matter would have seemed best suited to the ACT Supreme Court. I did read an article on why, apart from her being a WA citizen, pursuing defamation action in the state of WA might be advantageous for Ms Reynolds and other politicians but I can't recall its details. In any case, like any WA citizen Reynolds is entitled to take action in that state.
Seems rather sooky and petty

I'll say something very unoriginal, but it's my honest opinion: the Higgins-Lehrmann saga has been an utter disgrace and an indictment on society.
Mainly an indictment on Liberals and the washed up morons who get a job there. These people wouldn't last a week in the corporate world or even at Maccas.

I won't tarnish the entire Parliament as I don't think any staffer from Labor or the Greens would be degenerate enough to commit a rape in their boss' office.

Mainly an indictment on Liberals and the washed up morons who get a job there. These people wouldn't last a week in the corporate world or even at Maccas.

I won't tarnish the entire Parliament as I don't think any staffer from Labor or the Greens would be degenerate enough to commit a rape in their boss' office.

They don’t moralise as much as the libs either, yet Barnaby Joyce was deputy PM.

What a phenomenon!!
Was Reynold's office in Schrodinger's box?

It is SOP for cleaners and simultaneously an immediately fireable offence..
But is only one, not the other, when observed.

Both outcomes exist until viewed. Then only one outcome exists.
It wasn't a cover up, because it's standard operating procedure for cleaners to be sent in 'looking for condoms'.
It wasn't a cover up, because Lehrmann was immediately fired for such an unusual breach of security protocols.

Also, can anyone explain how the PM didn't know at the time, if this wasn't being covered up?
OR.
That the PM knew, and that that was covered up?

What a phenomenon!!

It is SOP for cleaners and simultaneously an immediately fireable offence..
But is only one, not the other, when observed.

Both outcomes exist until viewed. Then only one outcome exists.
It wasn't a cover up, because it's standard operating procedure for cleaners to be sent in 'looking for condoms'.
It wasn't a cover up, because Lehrmann was immediately fired for such an unusual breach of security protocols.

Also, can anyone explain how the PM didn't know at the time, if this wasn't being covered up?
OR.
Lehrmann was fired for unrelated reasons (even by Young Liberal staffer standards he was s**t at his job), they likely parachuted him into the job at ??? (cant remember the firm) as part of a cover up.

You get the feeling he was fired for "FFS Bruce you were warned last time about drinking the bosses whiskey without permission"

It wasn't till after they showed him the door that they realise the extent on the s**t storm he'd created that night, and as the story has played out since they really underestimated exactly how big that s**t storm was.

Reynolds is crazy to go Higgins and Sharaz over a social media post impugning her honesty. Any politician would be to be that thin skinned, but in this case it's doubly crazy.

I suspect even if Reynolds wins she'll have further damaged her own reputation (and others) and there wont be any payout, lawyers the only winner here.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know whether Reynolds is approaching the defamation based only on allegations of a cover up or also in relation to posts about her conduct around the criminal trial. Inevitably, however, the issue of what she did and/or did not do around the criminal trial and generally will come into play. Does anyone think there won't be messages, phone records etc? There is no way in he'll she comes out of a full contested hearing looking good.

But personally, I would love her to go head to head with Dr Collins in cross examination. She'd be bringing a marshmallow to a gunfight.

if lee said damages approximating $20000 was possible had lehrmann not acted foolishly, you would have to think that the quantum of money available to reynolds would be significantly less*

* not making a judgement either way on higgins liability here - just looking at like for like benchmarks in a defamation case

Lehrmann was fired for unrelated reasons (even by Young Liberal staffer standards he was s**t at his job)
Sure.
But then, why was Higgins 'clearly supported', whilst also 'clearly lying to keep her job', if what happened was SOP?

We've no idea how s**t Higgins was at her job. Or any of the other massively paid campaigners.

Why did Lehrmann lose his job for 'lapse in security', or whatever... When what he did was a pretty standard situation for the cleaners, and ongoing-ly cleared by security?
Is it possible that more happened, and that it was known by senior staff?
As in, ongoing 'nightlife' in that office was a standard clean up. But for some reason this specific man was fired for a regular activity that requires clean up...?

nasty piece of work is reynolds. and who is footing the bill for her vindictiveness.

especially for black diamond ;)

Surely her lawyers have to be advising her that taking legal action in this matter is just not worth it.

Its just dumb to pursue this. About the only reason you would try it is if you were so vindictive that you don't care how much of your own money you're going to torch just to torch the others sides money.

Surely her lawyers have to be advising her that taking legal action in this matter is just not worth it.

Its just dumb to pursue this. About the only reason you would try it is if you were so vindictive that you don't care how much of your own money you're going to torch just to torch the others sides money.
Probably just a good old fashioned shake down.

The social media comments are so innocuous and they are made by a person who a Federal Court judge has determined beyond reasonable doubt was raped. A judge is not going to go too hard in those circumstances.

What a phenomenon!!

OR.

Hang on, there was a high level inquiry set up by Morrison in 2021 to look into precisely that question.

An inquiry headed by his mate and former Chief of Staff Phil Gaetjens so rest assured it was independent and not subject to any political interference ;)

I wonder what it found?

Ooops that’s right, it never got started. The criminal trial, Covid and pre election priorities got in the way.

Pity.

Last edited:

Every 6 minutes a time unit is recorded - to suggest for a minute that they give a rats arse about validity of her claim is pure folly - look at the only winners in the saga that concluded on Monday…The Lawyers

Hang on, there was a high level inquiry set up by Morrison in 2021 to look into precisely that question.

An inquiry headed by his mate and former Chief of Staff Phil Gaetjens so rest assured it was independent and not subject to any political interference ;)

I wonder what it found?

Ooops that’s right, it never got started. The criminal trial, Covid and pre election priorities got in the way.

Pity.
As I said previously in another thread.

At the end of the day Higgins was raped in Parliament house. And it was never going to be reported to to the Australian public.

As soon as she did, serious money was put in to attacking her and all aspects of her story.
Then investigation into who knew about the assault, was covered-up.
The investigation into the Higgins/Sharaz attack file spread through the media, was covered-up.
Her rape was covered-up and minimised.
The police request for CCTV footage was stonewalled and then the footage was lost. (Amazingly the 7 Spotlight coke4comment had more access to the footage than the justice system).
The investigation into if Higgins received a fair trial, was covered-up.
The investigation into the investigation of if Higgins received a fair trial is ongoing... and has no time frame...;)
The leaks of Higgins private information (as the victim) taken forcefully by the AFP, and spread through the media, was covered-up.
The investigation into the AFP cover-up was covered-up.
The 7's Spotlight program that spread hateful and harmful lies about Higgins, Sharaz, Wilkinson, Ch10 et al... based on known lies from a known repeat rapist was covered-up.
That 7 paid Lehrmann, was covered-up.
That he was also being enticed with sex and drugs on his request to 7, was covered-up.
His connection to the Chairman of the IPA, Albrechtsen, was covered up.
Sofronoff (the person investigating the fairness of the Higgins trial) connection to Albrechtsen was covered-up.
It's been pointed out that the reason there is little evidence available of 7's Spotlight program and correspondence with Lehrmann. Apart from the evidence showing that all correspondence was to be deleted. -Covered-up.
Even the fact that 7's legal rep told them to delete all correspondence, has attempted to be covered up...

And now, even after it's been legally found the Higgins was raped by Lehrmann...

The story is all about the payout, and the Trumpian 'total vindication' of the Coalition Government.
While also insisting that it's not really evidence that Lehrmann is a rapist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back