Rumour Buddy Franklin has had a third strike

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting for the Hawks come 2016.

Straight after the game Healy says to King - "afl aren't going to Be happy about this"

We will wait and see

Anyway back on topic, good to see buddy getting his vitamin D and while I don't like the guy, hopefully he is back in 2016

Considering our recent crowds at the MCG i wonder if we will play you in Tassie again.

Love how the inference from Sydney all along has been that Buddy has been suffering from depression and we should leave him alone blah, blah blah. Isn't it coincidental that Buddy "suddenly" becomes unavailable to play finals, drops off the face off the earth and then re-appear just over TWENTY EIGHT DAYS after he disappears. Seriously swans stop treating us like idiots, don't piss on our backs and tell us it's raining. We know where he went and why.

Just to clear things up, the Swans have never said that he was suffering from depression. They have only ever said it is a 'mental health issue'. Drug addiction (which I believe you're referring to in your post) is still considered a mental health issue. I wouldn't expect Sydney, or any other AFL club for that matter to divulge in the personal information of any of their staff just to satisfy a few footy fans so they can go to their mates and say 'I told you so'

Congratulations on your 3-peat.

But before you talk about gravy trains, maybe you should consider the following.......

In two of those premierships you were the "away" side playing an interstate side on your home turf.

we beat you by 63 points - would've come close to same at SCG - you telling me home ground adv is 10 goals? plus you beat us there 2 years earlier didn't seem to matter then

In all three of those premierships you'd have not been participating in the Grand Final but for the intervention of Matt Stevic at critical moments in the preliminary finals the week previous.

Tin foil hat time for you champ

Yours is the only club that gets a "good bloke" mitigation applied at the AFL Tribunal.
Short memory Bruce? Do you recall Barry Hall in 2005 before the GF or haven't you been following AFL that long

There is a very good reason Franklin wanted to leave Hawthorn which should perhaps give you cause to be a little more circumspect when making allegations regarding drug use and rehabilitation.

Enlighten me Bruce tell us all the real reason Franklin left Hawthorn

I tell you what........

I'll engage with you when you

1. Read up on why Barry Hall was successful in his appeal before the 2005 Grand Final and

2. Withdraw your inference that I'm some latecoming bandwagon supporter. Been supporting the Swans since 1971 you arrogant, self entitled fool.

50 metres off the ball is "not in play" even though it was the argument that successfully got him over the line

Barry, as all finals players seem to do these days received divine intervention

I tell you what........

1. Read up on why Barry Hall was successful in his appeal before the 2005 Grand Final and

2. Withdraw your inference that I'm some latecoming bandwagon supporter. Been supporting the Swans since 1971 you arrogant, self entitled fool.

How are we meant to know this? People make s**t up on Bigfooty all the time, especially about how long they've been supporting a certain side.

I tell you what........

Been supporting the Swans since 1971 you arrogant, self entitled fool.
It seems like anyone who doesn't agree with belicose Bruce from Balnarring is an arrogant fool. Surely the 'self entitled' bit is self parody?

50 metres off the ball is "not in play" even though it was the argument that successfully got him over the line

However, they didn't define in play and admitted their error by rewriting the rule straight after. Rightly or wrongly got off on a technicality of an ambiguous wording. Hardly the AFL turning a blind eye. In todays rules it would be a week down to a fine, free to play. Anyway going so far off topic now in trying to have pot shots at each other. Lets get back to opposition fans hating anything Sydney and waiting for the club to implode.

Yep Barry Hall could have knocked out Goose like Staker and he still would have played in the GF I reckon. And Swans fans have the nerve to call Hodge a bad leader, not sure a man assaulting people on field is a class act either :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep Barry Hall could have knocked out Goose like Staker and he still would have played in the GF I reckon. And Swans fans have the nerve to call Hodge a bad leader, not sure a man assaulting people on field is a class act either :p

And if you truly believe that then....I reckon there is no hope for you. Hodge is an inspirational leader, anyone who can’t recognise that is kidding themselves.

And if you truly believe that then....I reckon there is no hope for you. Hodge is an inspirational leader, anyone who can’t recognise that is kidding themselves.

Lol did you read me wrong? I think Hodge is a great leader, but see the irony in certain fans of your club potting him for making a mistake, saying the Hawks have a dog of a leader when the Swans had a bash artist as their captain.
I do remember the days a decade ago where the word "Injunction" was spouted far and wide so pretty sure Bazza would have played thanks to that word ;)

I tell you what........

"Yours is the only club that gets a "good bloke" mitigation applied at the AFL Tribunal" -seems like you were served the ultimate get out of jail free card just before you were gifted COLA. Spin it any way you want speaking of self entitled fools that pretty much sums up the Swans

BruceFromTheBandwagon let it gooooooooo

Lol did you read me wrong? I think Hodge is a great leader, but see the irony in certain fans of your club potting him for making a mistake, saying the Hawks have a dog of a leader when the Swans had a bash artist as their captain.
I do remember the days a decade ago where the word "Injunction" was spouted far and wide so pretty sure Bazza would have played thanks to that word ;)

I'd be interested to see any links to Swans fans saying that, other than in the context of responding to the hypocritical confected outrage of Hawks and other supporters over the Swans' apparent "dream Tribunal run". As far as I can tell, both Hodge and Hall turned and punched an opponent in the head. Hall served 7 weeks for his with Swans supporters acknowledging that he got off pretty lightly. Hodge got 3 weeks for his with Hawks supporters crying foul.

Then Hodge got the "good bloke" discount for wrapping a player's head around a goal post.

The point is, Hodge is a great leader, and he is a good bloke (I've met him several times). He's also prone to being a bit of a thug on the field.

I read you correctly and was letting you know not ALL Swans fans think Hodge is a bad leader as your post suggested. So you are not backing down that you think Hall would have played even if he had hit Goose the same way as Staker. You are beyond delusional.

I read you correctly and was letting you know not ALL Swans fans think Hodge is a bad leader as your post suggested. So you are not backing down that you think Hall would have played even if he had hit Goose the same way as Staker. You are beyond delusional.

You don't recall the threats of injunctions had Hall been suspended for hitting Maguire?

Glad at least some Swans see Hodge beyond his mistakes, you are a good man :)

I'd be interested to see any links to Swans fans saying that, other than in the context of responding to the hypocritical confected outrage of Hawks and other supporters over the Swans' apparent "dream Tribunal run". As far as I can tell, both Hodge and Hall turned and punched an opponent in the head. Hall served 7 weeks for his with Swans supporters acknowledging that he got off pretty lightly. Hodge got 3 weeks for his with Hawks supporters crying foul.

Then Hodge got the "good bloke" discount for wrapping a player's head around a goal post.

The point is, Hodge is a great leader, and he is a good bloke (I've met him several times). He's also prone to being a bit of a thug on the field.

Post #63 in

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/who-is-the-best-captain-right-now.1114798/page-3

for starters, though I know it is not the prevailing view of all Swans fans :)

So you have a single Swans fan, in a comparative discussion on who is the best captain, raising a couple of Hodge's lesser qualities.

That hardly makes your point.

So because I am doing other things, and have no desire to trawl every bitch fight between Hawks and Swans my point is invalid?

Did you read the last line of my comment? It is the minority not the majority being hypocritical when it comes to Hodge.

So because I am doing other things, and have no desire to trawl every bitch fight between Hawks and Swans my point is invalid?

Did you read the last line of my comment? It is the minority not the majority being hypocritical when it comes to Hodge.

It's not even a minority. Almost all Swans fans were disgusted with Hall's hit on Staker which, by the way, occurred after the captaincy had been relinquished. So in terms of thug acts as captain, you have a whack to the guts on Maguire and.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back