Rumour Buddy Franklin has had a third strike

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not even a minority. Almost all Swans fans were disgusted with Hall's hit on Staker which, by the way, occurred after the captaincy had been relinquished. So in terms of thug acts as captain, you have a whack to the guts on Maguire and.........

Firstly, the Swans got an injunction for Dunkley did they not in 1996 so he could play in the grand final? You think they would not have gone down the same path with Hall?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sydney_Swans_captains

And this says in 2008 Hall was a co-captain with Barry and Bolton, wasn't 2008 the year he knocked out Staker? And the same year he took a swing at Shane Wakelin too?

So Hall relinquished the captaincy when now?

Firstly, the Swans got an injunction for Dunkley did they not in 1996 so he could play in the grand final? You think they would not have gone down the same path with Hall?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sydney_Swans_captains

And this says in 2008 Hall was a co-captain with Barry and Bolton, wasn't 2008 the year he knocked out Staker? And the same year he took a swing at Shane Wakelin too?

So Hall relinquished the captaincy when now?

http://www.news.com.au/news/hall-resigns-as-captain/story-fna7dq6e-1111114913017

And you said the Swans DID threaten an injunction. They didn't. You made that up.

The injunction as it related to Dunkley nearly 10 years earlier was related to due process. Again. You made it up.

I'd be interested to see any links to Swans fans saying that, other than in the context of responding to the hypocritical confected outrage of Hawks and other supporters over the Swans' apparent "dream Tribunal run". As far as I can tell, both Hodge and Hall turned and punched an opponent in the head. Hall served 7 weeks for his with Swans supporters acknowledging that he got off pretty lightly. Hodge got 3 weeks for his with Hawks supporters crying foul.

Then Hodge got the "good bloke" discount for wrapping a player's head around a goal post.

The point is, Hodge is a great leader, and he is a good bloke (I've met him several times). He's also prone to being a bit of a thug on the field.

If you for one moment believe that the two incidents are comparable - then you, are seriously deluded.
Put the videos up so we can all take a look and compare the two and I'm sure that you will come up seriously short.

http://www.news.com.au/news/hall-resigns-as-captain/story-fna7dq6e-1111114913017

And you said the Swans DID threaten an injunction. They didn't. You made that up.

The injunction as it related to Dunkley nearly 10 years earlier was related to due process. Again. You made it up.

Even Collingwood, the richest club, did not go down that path for Rocca when he was suspended. But your club had form so only a fool would suggest had Hall been suspended you would not have gone down the same path again.

So was Hall removed just from captaincy or the entire leadership group at the time of this article?

Either way what he did is unforgivable, and what Hodge did off field was damn stupid too. Though when Steven Baker got the same penalty for an incident not even clearly caught on camera as what Hall did which has been shown thousands of times it is pretty clear that Hall got lucky.
For the record though I think Hodge should have been interlocked on the spot and Hall should have been shown the door, especially after he took a swing at Wakelin too. I know it is the "Bloods" culture, but Barry Hall took it a step too far :p

Even Collingwood, the richest club, did not go down that path for Rocca when he was suspended. But your club had form so only a fool would suggest had Hall been suspended you would not have gone down the same path again.

So was Hall removed just from captaincy or the entire leadership group at the time of this article?

Either way what he did is unforgivable, and what Hodge did off field was damn stupid too. Though when Steven Baker got the same penalty for an incident not even clearly caught on camera as what Hall did which has been shown thousands of times it is pretty clear that Hall got lucky.
For the record though I think Hodge should have been interlocked on the spot and Hall should have been shown the door, especially after he took a swing at Wakelin too. I know it is the "Bloods" culture, but Barry Hall took it a step too far :p

You said and I quote.......

"You don't recall the threats of injunctions had Hall been suspended for hitting Maguire?"

Now you say "Oh well they would have......." Now that is not the same thing is it? You made it up didn't you.

You were wrong. And you were wrong on the dates of Hall's captaincy. Don't try to reframe your argument. You made s**t up to suit what you were saying and now you're trying to make your argument up to try to match your s**t.

If you for one moment believe that the two incidents are comparable - then you, are seriously deluded.
Put the videos up so we can all take a look and compare the two and I'm sure that you will come up seriously short.

Comparable only for the action giving rise to the suspension. And the reaction of fans to the action and consequent suspension.

I think Hodge got an appropriate penalty (although he should have got more for the point post hit IMO). I think Hall could have got more. The argument is about the Swans' supporters (and the Club for that matter) and their reactions to such suspensions.

You said and I quote.......

"You don't recall the threats of injunctions had Hall been suspended for hitting Maguire?"

Now you say "Oh well they would have......." Now that is not the same thing is it? You made it up didn't you.

You were wrong. And you were wrong on the dates of Hall's captaincy. Don't try to reframe your argument. You made s**t up to suit what you were saying and now you're trying to make your argument up to try to match your s**t.

Guess it beats the argument of, well Hall was not captain when he smacked Staker and tried to destroy Wakelin so that makes Hodge the devil :rolleyes:

Yes, you are right, I assumed the injunction part, though easy to do given it seems to be the port of call anytime something goes against your club. Pretty sure Pridham even threatened legal action over your trade ban too.

Only surprise is you did not take the AFL to court to try and get Tippetts 12 weeks overturned or even threaten to. Your club and James Hird would sure have the courts busy if either of you did more then make threats ;)

Now if you can answer with a straight face that the Swans would not have sought legal avenues to allow Hall to play in 05 had he been suspended you are seriously kidding yourself....

Guess it beats the argument of, well Hall was not captain when he smacked Staker and tried to destroy Wakelin so that makes Hodge the devil :rolleyes:

Yes, you are right, I assumed the injunction part, though easy to do given it seems to be the port of call anytime something goes against your club. Pretty sure Pridham even threatened legal action over your trade ban too.

Only surprise is you did not take the AFL to court to try and get Tippetts 12 weeks overturned or even threaten to. Your club and James Hird would sure have the courts busy if either of you did more then make threats ;)

Now if you can answer with a straight face that the Swans would not have sought legal avenues to allow Hall to play in 05 had he been suspended you are seriously kidding yourself....

In circumstances where the AFL had defined, by use of a video, the meaning of "in play" and that matched almost exactly the circumstance in which Hall was reported, and the AFL Tribunal had applied a different meaning to the term "in play" which resulted in Hall missing the Grand Final then I have no doubt that the Sydney Swans would have quite correctly explored their avenues of appeal.

Pridham should have not just threatened, but taken legal action over the trade ban. That was a disgraceful act of bloody mindedness on the part of the AFL which should have, but clearly hasn't, silenced dickheads like you with your ridiculous conspiracy theories related to the Swans and their so called advantages.

Basically, you have tried every avenue to sledge my club over the last few pages and you've been factually inaccurate every time.

I'm beginning to wonder whether in fact your dislike of my club is merely idealogical. It certainly has no basis in fact.

wtf has any of this got to do with Buddy?

Nothing. It's dickheads clutching at anti Sydney straws when their conspiracy theories have fallen over.

I'm dealing with them one by one. It should be over soon. We've gone back to 1996, only 100 more years of historical innacuracies to come.

You don't recall the threats of injunctions had Hall been suspended for hitting Maguire?

Glad at least some Swans see Hodge beyond his mistakes, you are a good man :)

Yes I recall all that and that was because it was a controversial call with the way the rules were written. My point is nothing, no injunction no last minute pardon would have cleared him for a Grand Final the next week if the hit was anything like what he did to Staker. That was horrible, probably criminal but even the perceived swans protected species rubbish wouldn't have saved him from that. Anyway enough from me on this need to get back to this whole three strikes theory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such jealousy!
Save all this for when your club relocates or folds!

My sport coach at school's name is Luke Wilson and claims to be mates with a Richmond runner. Using the runners inside info, he told my sports teacher that buddy was facing mental illness as a result of being addicted to ice. Unsure whether buddy has had 3 strikes but it sounds like his mental illness is ice-related

My sport coach at school's name is Luke Wilson and claims to be mates with a Richmond runner. Using the runners inside info, he told my sports teacher that buddy was facing mental illness as a result of being addicted to ice. Unsure whether buddy has had 3 strikes but it sounds like his mental illness is ice-related

Jeez, these rumours are getting worse.

Did the lunch lady have any input? that would shore it up for me.

You're 14, do you even know what ice is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back