Rumour Buddy Franklin has had a third strike

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No you didn't.

What idiotic revisionism.

Burgoyne - traded for pick 9 & 16 - 'knees were shot' and general BigFooty consensus was we overpaid heavily.

Gibson - traded for pick 25 & 41 - undersized KPD playing a tagging role in midfield, in and out of the side. Average to rubbish player according to BigFooty.

Hale - traded for pick 27 & 71 - unspectacular Ruck/Forward who was not getting a game at North.

McEvoy - traded for pick 18 (Luke Dunstan) & Shane Savage - overpaid for an undersized, not athletic, overrated ruck according to BigFooty.

Lake - traded for pick 21 & 43 - cooked. Playing FF and in/out of the side.

You can't have it both way.

And only rivaled by the meltdown about Brisbane early last decade and the Barassi call for an inquiry into the interstate dominance.

And what's your thoughts on the meltdown going on around the Hawks doing a three peat at a time when equalisation is supposedly in play

And only rivaled by the meltdown about Brisbane early last decade and the Barassi call for an inquiry into the interstate dominance.

Utter revisionism.

No one kicked up a fuss until you signed Tippett for free, including paying him nearly half a million in COLA, shortly followed by Franklin.

We will see if the AFL change any rules or ban them from trading.

Oh please, the Hawks are kings of the rule changes and changes in interpretation. I love how you guys think it's winning a premiership that got you banned from trading when everyone knows it's because you pissed Fitzpatrick off with the Buddy deal.

As for the MCG advantage - there is nothing the Hawks can do about that - it's within the rules

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh please, the Hawks are kings of the rule changes and changes in interpretation. I love how you guys think it's winning a premiership that got you banned from trading when everyone knows it's because you pissed Fitzpatrick off with the Buddy deal.

As for the MCG advantage - there is nothing the Hawks can do about that - it's within the rules

Wasn't it the potential Ryder deal that tipped then over the edge?

Wasn't it the potential Ryder deal that tipped then over the edge?

Who knows - it was petty and disgraceful whatever it was but it was certainly nothing to do with winning a premiership like has been implied

There have been many rule changes over the previous 10-15 years and some have been due to Hawthorn. Others, such as the quick kick in from a behind were due to other teams.

And?? - you said "We will see if the AFL change any rules or ban them from trading"

Answer - yes they've done that already

How about the change to how the finals got played in 2012 *no impact on outcome

How about pick 19 for the number one player in the league when they had the discretionary power to change it and didn't

How about the FIXture where the Hawks played the top 7 teams consecutively

Facts are, every team at some point gets shafted by the AFL but yes, this ban sucks and I don't see why your club hasn't taken it further

Who knows - it was petty and disgraceful whatever it was but it was certainly nothing to do with winning a premiership like has been implied

It had everything to do with success against Victorian clubs.

We all know the history. Brisbane beat Collingwood 2 years in a row and changes needed to be made. Sydney beat WC and not a whimper about allowances, although the gripe was that flooding was killing the game. WC beat Sydney the following year which made 6 non-victorian premiers in a row and there were calls for inquiries. Still nothing about allowances.

Fast forward to 2012, Sydney do the unthinkable and beat Collingwood in the PF and Hawthorn in the GF, then the jungle drums started rumbling. Sydney then had the audacity to sign 2 supposed gun players and the world exploded led by a couple of club presidents on an equalisation (laugh) committee. We all know why.

Anyway, that's how I see it.

Last edited:
And?? - you said "We will see if the AFL change any rules or ban them from trading"

That's being pedantic. You know I wasn't referring to the rules of how the game is played, I was referring to off field stuff.

How about the change to how the finals got played in 2012 *no impact on outcome

Purely a logistical problem. Each team still had the minimum 7 day break. I do understand your angst though.

How about pick 19 for the number one player in the league when they had the discretionary power to change it and didn't

They followed the rules though. I understand Franklin was worth more than a pick 19.

Facts are, every team at some point gets shafted by the AFL but yes, this ban sucks and I don't see why your club hasn't taken it further

It does suck, but the club did the right thing and not go through the courts.

It will be interesting for the Hawks come 2016.

Straight after the game Healy says to King - "afl aren't going to Be happy about this"

We will wait and see

Anyway back on topic, good to see buddy getting his vitamin D and while I don't like the guy, hopefully he is back in 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back