News Buddy & Lloyd - 40-Man AA squad, Buddy named AA captain

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The can choose who they bloody want. My 40-man AA squad has 40 guys called Aliir Aliir.
40 players bumbling and fumbling? That'd be an interesting game to watch especially if it's wet or raining. It would be like a giant game of downball.

Any ideas on how Buddy Franklin came to be named Captain?
Rance (who was not a captain last year) was the 2017 AA captain, so seems the criteria has changed

Any ideas on how Buddy Franklin came to be named Captain?
Apparently they chose it based on his ability to lead on the field. Although not as strong in front of the cameras/people as some others, his ability to take charge when the game demands it was his strong point.

Congrats to Buddy!! And Captain as well.
By all accounts does a lot of work with our young forward line as a leader. What an honour for him.

I believe it. I remember how quickly he brought Heeney into the play in his first season.

Lucky to have Bud up here. If we're not a destination club we should be. Who wouldn't want to play in a team with Buddy running around?

The team has been announced. A few real standouts for me:

Franklin, tying the record for All Australian selections with 8
Stewart, incredible effort in only his 2nd season of AFL
Whitfield, who absolutely transformed this season when moved to HBF
Mitchell and Cripps, the new pair of dominant inside midfielders in the league

On a negative note, Robbie Gray. What a joke
Shane Edwards on the bench was generous.

I love Buddy he is a living and playing legend! So privileged to have watched him since 2005 he made football fun after years in the wilderness.

Champion! Hopefully can dominate the finals again and we can meet the champion again in the GF where he will be again the best player of a losing team in the GF like in 2012 and 2014.

Deserves to be captain

The All Australian is a joke.

**** off with Edwards.
**** off with Martin starting and Oliver on the bench.
**** off with Gray.
**** off with not even having Coniglio and Fyfe in the squad.

LLOYD WAS ROBBED.

Still, another selection is just a reflection of Buddy's greatness. Another year down, another great year of footy by Buddy. Average by his standards, but 57 goals in 18 games, while enjoying the fourth-least inside 50s of any team in the competition. Every other forward would kill for that sort of season. As for why he is a deserving captain, if you looked at that team, who would you want leading you? I would go Buddy followed by Riewoldt and then followed by Hurn. Just because Hurn is captain of his team, doesn't mean he's the best captain in the All Australian team. Buddy does the inspirational and the unbelievable when his teams need it better than anyone, but he also is just an awesome contributor to the team week on week. 100% deserving of the accolade even though I don't value it.

We have to assume Buddy will get another All Australian in the next few years, because he's still the best forward in the comp by some margin. That would put him in his own league with nine. He'll finish with over 1,000 goals. He'll have played close to 350 games. And provided the biggest highlights reel of his generation (maybe ever). Just enjoy him while we have him folks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back