Bulldogs Josh Schache steal, Lion's blinked again.

Did the bulldogs pay unders for Schache?

• Yes

Votes: 218 75.7%
  • No

Votes: 70 24.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Kennedy was the better player at the time of the draft
Kennedy has so far been the better player playing AFL level
Kennedy cost Pick 28. Schache Pick 25 + Pick 40.

Kennedy also playing a position where many players are able to impact instantly. Schache playing one where players take time

I think you are missing the point. He was contracted and we didn't have to trade him. No other club showed any interest and then Footscray came along and offered massive overs for a bloke who wasn't up to even playing in our Reserves. Naturally Brisbane took the offer and offloaded a player who has demonstrated he is not up to it. He is going to be a 'whipping boy' at Footscray in record time. When Footscray supporters see who we draft with picks 25 and 40, they are going to be even more upset.

Who? Do tell

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I find it a bit odd that people are referring the Western Bulldogs as Footscray.
I seriously hope for the dogs sake that the bloke who was keen to get him to the club can mentor young Josh.
If he is anywhere near the value Chris Grant gave then the dogs will be happy.
Good luck to the doggies after such a sad year they deserve a bit of good news and luck and may well
be top 4 next year with a flag again not far away.

Probably a good outcome for both clubs although I expect the Lions had hoped for a little bit more - maybe sub 20.

I think Lions did a deal with Schache to sign a new contract knowing he was heading home at the end of 2017 so they had at least the option of him being a "contracted player" to argue for a higher draft pick.

Unfortunately for the Lions not many other clubs were prepared to take a punt.

I suspect a year with Footscray playing in defence might be the best thing for him (no pressure no expectations) and if he can fully commit to AFL the Dogs will have got a bargain.

You'd find it less odd if some overweight marketing guru with a goatee persuaded your Board to adopt a business name like the Eastern Hawks

Fair enough but thought it was Plough who first suggested the name change to increase memberships in the west.

The brand and name Western Bulldogs has been around a while now, I actually thought that some people were mean and thought
that Josh would only play VFL with Footscray.
I wish Josh and all fans well for the upcoming season, I reside in an area with heaps of dogs fans and it was exciting times for the area in 2016.

I do think he's worth more, actually. Pick 25 is a huge drop-off from pick 2 in just two seasons.

Imagine how badly Tim Taranto would need to be travelling to be traded for pick 25 in 12 months.

For such a highly rated young player, who has obvious talent, to be traded so cheaply is a real anomaly.
Yep.
May just be that he will never turn out to be the player many expected him to be going at 2 in the draft. Time may show he won't go close to being the second best player in his draft class and was picked far too early.

Most of them the time you get what you pay for, while it's potentially a steal. There's a reason why a pick 2 would gather little interested and be trade while contract for 25 and 40. Same thing with stringer.

Looks to be win-win. Brisbane don’t miss him and Schache is actually developing nicely. Three goals yesterday and typically has shown glimpses each week.

In his 10 games he’s only failed to kick a goal once, has only had single disposal figures twice and generally does a couple of nice things.

He’s certainly showed value and is tracking better as a forward than Boyd or McCartin were when fit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks to be win-win. Brisbane don’t miss him and Schache is actually developing nicely. Three goals yesterday and typically has shown glimpses each week.

In his 10 games he’s only failed to kick a goal once, has only had single disposal figures twice and generally does a couple of nice things.

He’s certainly showed value and is tracking better as a forward than Boyd or McCartin were when fit

Um wot. Way too early to call, let me remind you that Kyle Reimers kicked 8 in a game once.

Um wot. Way too early to call, let me remind you that Kyle Reimers kicked 8 in a game once.

? Yourself.

Schache is developing well, that’s all. He’s still a 20 year old kpf so will take time.

I don’t know how you took otherwise from my post

I would say he's regressed quite a bit.

Gun under 18 player, looked decent in his first handful of games at Brisbane then the wheels have fallen off.

Bulldogs is probably the only team he's getting a game in at the moment.

I'm not that familiar with Schache's game, but McCartin is tracking pretty well considering he's the youngest player in the league :).

Good joke. Was talking about the mccartin Schache is often lumped in with when discussing top draft pick young key forwards

Do you guys remember Josh Kennedy's first few years at Carlton?

Look how he's gone at WCE.

A couple of 2nd rounders for a pick 2 3rd year KPF is way unders.

Likewise trading for Smith and Stringer was unders by Bombers. (someone said above you get what you pay for - i disagree and its all about the negotiations).

Gun under 18 player, looked decent in his first handful of games at Brisbane then the wheels have fallen off.

I would say that you’re ignoring all empirical evidence to posit a bombastic opinion designed to elicit a response.

That’s unfortunate.

I doubt you've actually seen a second of him playing this year with a comment like that. Even from just the JLT he's improved massively.

Back