Not open for further replies.

morell

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2006
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Part 5 : http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=785046

Nice clip of a mate of mine a few of you have played with - xXChuckXNorrisXx

Capture the flag in an American lobby, I had the flag and ran into this group and then did a runner, Chucky comes in, kills one guy, puts the other one into last stand, knifes the flag carrier, returns the flag and then knifes the guy in last stand to finish it off.

[YOUTUBE]qEgrsDKzjQM[/YOUTUBE]

and boy did I hear about it ... :rolleyes:

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops - Part V

Internode are the best ISP in Australia.

I agree with grro, there is no way an Internode ADSL connection should be that poor.

caMo, I would ask whoever pays for the internet at your house for permission to investigate on their behalf and get that s**t sorted.

No cable option so how could they be the best?

For my situation my phone line to the exchange sucks so any ADSL provider will suck regardless of who it is...

FWIW I've heard iinet are good for ADSL with a gaming specific plan.

For my situation my phone line to the exchange sucks so any ADSL provider will suck regardless of who it is...

Its not even open for debate, they win ISP of the year every year and have the highest customer satisfaction bar none.

Note, I didnt say they were the quickest. Just the best. ;)

http://whirlpool.net.au/survey/2009/

capturewv.png

I'm late:

This is my other house though. At the PS3 house I can get host in any game.

FWIW your upload needs to be above 0.80 to be a host, I believe. Or that's what I was told

Whats with all you noobs and multiple houses?

Yeah how come I've only got 1 house?

I keep forgetting you are all so young.

Or am I old?

I'm with iinet and although they have a gaming specific plan (I think all XBOX dl's don't count towards your quota) I would say there are always things to take into account. For a start my connection is craptacular because of things like wiring and general infrastructure in the area. Wouldn't really improve no matter who I was with.

Its not even open for debate, they win ISP of the year every year and have the highest customer satisfaction bar none.

Note, I didnt say they were the quickest. Just the best. ;)

http://whirlpool.net.au/survey/2009/

capturewv.png

How is customer satisfaction relevant to gaming connections?

Yay, a niche company can keep a higher percentage of its customers happy all 500k of them... woopdee doo!

Telstra would have maybe 8 million broadband customers so of course they will have more unhappy customers.

Only Telstra has complete access to all telecommunications infrastructure accross Australia. http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/939835
Telstra customers are the last to get their bandwidth throttled in times of high useage.

Mate, I'd rather be a customer of the mob than be stood over by it. Oh and when bundled Telstra is cheaper too.

CaMo must be rapt that his internet isn't the quickest, just the best. ;)

You didn't click on the image did you? The question was - how do "gamers" rate their connection.

here it is again:

capturewv.png

Internode a niche company? Maybe 5 years ago.

It was a percentage rating matey, which means its proportional ;) #'s of customers is therefore irrelevant.

Telstra would have 8 million customers, you are right, how many of them do you think would be Mum and Dad type users who need the Internet to pay their power bills and maybe check out a Jet Star deal? They wouldn't know about latency or DSLAMS or pings, and they shouldn't have to. A cheapy Telstra BigPond deal is perfect for Mum and Dad internet users, but we aren't talking about that are we...

Internode are the best in terms of reliability, service and well, pretty much everything. They don't have a cable option, but when Telstra monopolise the infrastructure, as you rightly point out, its hard for anyone else. The problem is Telstra don't actually leverage that infrastructure to provide a decent service either, unfortunately. I could go on for reams and reams about how Telstra are the dirty, dirty ***** that they are on here, but its not the right place.

You can have your bundled Telstra internet with its super speed, just don't complain when they knock on your door one day and rape you, your mother and your dead grandmother.

There is something wrong with caMo's connection, it just has to be as I live a mile from the exchange, have exactly the same plan from exactly the same providor as him and have 20x the connection speed.

My bet would be one of the following:

1. Telstra have limited the number of ports available to 3rd party providers on his local DSLAM, meaning Internode have to do some sort of workaround just to get him connected at all. For no other reason than they are ***** and want to limit competition.
2. The cabling from the exchange to his house (maintained and controlled by - yep, you guessed it, Telstra) is damaged - my hunch
3. caMo's house mates are running their own private torrent tracker community.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cracked the shits at this again last night. Put two people on last stand within the space of 5 seconds, the second one kills me with one shot on the deck, and then both of my kills are stolen.

That s**t aint flying.

Morell, I cbf arguing Telstra v internode. I'm a telstra customer you're an internode customer, whatever...

The fact remains that if your phone line has a crap connection to the exchange then ADSL should not even be an option. Get a cable connection then the only two ISP's you can consider are Telstra and Optus.

If you live in a dual occupancy (without street frontage), units or a highrise, then your options are ADSL or Dial up and if the phone line is the weakest link then you're fooked with any ISP regardless.

In a few years this will be irrelevant anyway with the NBN 100 down 40 up fibre optics coming.... Will this be as good as it suggests though? As I mentioned above if you don't have street frontage you can't get cable currently so will you get access to Fibre optics or still be stuck with ADSL???

Regarding playing BLOPS with BigFooty people, had a sess with Notorious29 on Sat night. Man was he beasting it up for the most part, caps, defends, doubles, triples, blackbirds, gunners and the list goes on... 10 times better than his combat record would lead you to believe. :thumbsu:

Pretty quiet on the mic though! ;)

Will get Jordz on next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back