Recommitted Cameron Zurhaar [Re-signed to 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

In other sports you can actually trade coaches. Doc Rivers was traded from Boston to LA Clippers for a first round pick. But that's sprinting and the AFL is still crawling when it comes to this stuff.

What club would be stupid enough to give up a prime draft pick/asset for a washed up scrub coach in Adam Simpson anyway ? Lol

American sports would trade every supporter in the arena for cardboard cut outs if it somehow made them a few extra $$$. The AFL aren't second rate because we don't value trading players mid seasons, or coaches for that matter which is utterly ridiculous.

On Zurhaar, I feel he quite a unique talent who could add something to most teams in the competition. I know for a fact that Hawthorn is missing that enforcer type, with Connor Nash our only real 'tackle to hurt' player. Gunston and Breust are nearing the end. Zurhaar isn't a like for like replacement, but wouldn't look out or place alongside Lewis, Kosi, Moore, Butler etc over the next decade.

The AFL half arse things and pander to the AFLPA. It's possible (however so unlikely that it may as well be impossible) that Luke Jackson (pick 3 2019) could walk to WC this year for nothing. There are rumours around Jason Horne-Francis wanting to leave North already. He's 18 and has played 10 games. We have free agency but publicising player salaries or allowing clubs to choose where players are traded are a big no no. Contracts don't really mean anything unless you are an underperforming player getting paid a lot of money in which case too bad so sad for the club.

I'd love to get Zurhaar if the price is right. 24 so suits our timeline OK. Plays with more intensity that all of our players too.

The AFL half arse things and pander to the AFLPA. It's possible (however so unlikely that it may as well be impossible) that Luke Jackson (pick 3 2019) could walk to WC this year for nothing. There are rumours around Jason Horne-Francis wanting to leave North already. He's 18 and has played 10 games. We have free agency but publicising player salaries or allowing clubs to choose where players are traded are a big no no. Contracts don't really mean anything unless you are an underperforming player getting paid a lot of money in which case too bad so sad for the club.

I'd love to get Zurhaar if the price is right. 24 so suits our timeline OK. Plays with more intensity that all of our players too.

Unless you can somehow snag him in the PSD, Eagles have little chance of getting him

Seems like North or Freo to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is a contract being worked on, or has he put talks on hold?

North Melbourne forward Cam Zurhaar puts contract talks on hold opening up shot for West Coast and Fremantle​

Mark DuffieldThe West Australian

Would be super keen on him at freo. We need a medium tall forward

Given we've now resorted to playing Logue as a third tall, I really think we should be all over Zurhaar. Logue made a massive difference just being a mobile tall who can mark and pressure, he didnt even need to do anything else and it made us more dangerous.

Think he'd round our forwardline out perfectly and I'd be pretty comfortable handing over a pick around 20 to be honest
or play Sturt maybe?

The shitty tatts he just got have taken at least $50k off his per year price.

Hoping Freo talks to him. Acres and a 2nd rounder. North need mature bodies, so can’t see any deal for him without including a ready made player.

At the end of the day Lobb is contracted. If he’s gonna keep whining about going to VIC that’s fine..but because he’s contracted he goes where we say imo if he wants us to complete a trade. If North were willing to add a little extra on top of Zurharr!! I would be fine with Zurharr plus a 3rd for Lobb.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back