Camping- who needs toilets when you have a shovel?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll compromise. I'll go out in nature: Fish, swim, hike, look at animals, explore caves and waterfalls. Look in wonder at a sunset and stars.

Then go back to my hotel with its functioning bathroom and comfy bed.

Last time I slept out, the pegs in the tent didn't take properly so was rolling in and outside.

(Caravan would actually be ideal).

Enjoy camping, but it's one thing I'll stay sober for. No worse place to be hungover than the middle of nowhere, Australian outback.

Sent from mTalk
Just start drinking again. 3 beers in and you are back to better than 100%

Has never worked for me. Beer on a hangover is an express trip to spew city.

Sent from mTalk
Unlucky.

I find the first go down like razor blades and then they start tasting better than the day before

(Caravan would actually be ideal).

Caravans are the worst of both worlds. They're cramped and you can take them to fewer places than you can a tent. You just end up towing a couple of tons of crap behind you slowing down everyone else on the open road to just park up and sit on a fold up chair outside it anyway. I'd rather camp or stay in an actual building than buy a caravan.

A lot of soft metro whiny types in this thread.

Camping is great. Swag or large tent with a futon, getting away from city life for a couple of days, campfire food, drinks, late night whisky, laughs, beautiful settings, etc.

If you're cold - you screwed up packing.

There's a lot to be said for picking up your phone and seeing zero bars of signal. And I'm not talking about being an Optus customer either.

Caravan parks are whack.

I stayed in a caravan park in Guilderton, I loved the town itself and had a blast, but the caravan park definitely wasn't my forte.

Can't wait for the impending global meltdown to occur. Should quickly weed out all the buttercups in the world who can't stand to be away from their sega mega drives and vhs movie films. Going to laugh at them begging on the street corners for some food because they can't bare get dirt on their hands. Bet they're the same type of fragile little birds who have an anxiety attack at the thought of getting sand on them at the beach.

Absolute disgrace what this country has turned into.

Can't wait for the impending global meltdown to occur. Should quickly weed out all the buttercups in the world who can't stand to be away from their sega mega drives and vhs movie films. Going to laugh at them begging on the street corners for some food because they can't bare get dirt on their hands. Bet they're the same type of fragile little birds who have an anxiety attack at the thought of getting sand on them at the beach.

Absolute disgrace what this country has turned into.
those things disappeared ages ago you Luddite

(Log in to remove this ad.)

those things disappeared ages ago you Luddite
Typical response from the throwaway generation. What are you playing now? That new James Bond, Golden Eye game on a Nintendo 64?
Go outside once in a while and you might learn something.

Typical response from the throwaway generation. What are you playing now? That new James Bond, Golden Eye game on a Nintendo 64?
Go outside once in a while and you might learn something.
I went outside once, it was horrible

Remove this Banner Ad

Back