Can Richmond go back to back? # Did overconfidence cost them against Collingwood #

Did overconfidence cost Richmond the win against Collingwood?

• yes

Votes: 75 61.5%
  • no

Votes: 47 38.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes a lot of luck as well as performance to win a flag. I think Richmond flew under the radar for most of last season, only having a couple of poor games, and were in all of the others - I don't think most people rated them highly at all, but their performances were consistently good. They also had a charmed run with injury (as most Premiers inevitably do), had all their finals at home, and rode a wave of emotion all the way to the flag. Full credit to them for 2017, but I suspect it won't be quite the same in 2018, as their opponents will have studied their game plan a bit more, they have a tougher draw, and may not have the footy Gods smiling on them as much this year.

We only really got our game plan finely tuned by late in the season. Maybe about Round 16. Exciting times ahead

I wish I could say no purely because how unbearable their supporters have been however I think they’re a good chance to go back to back. And it not, ninth.

Find it interesting how many hawkies are shooting us down in this thread, you'd think after the era of success they'd be decent human beings and pay some respect to another premiership side who hasnt put a foot wrong whether it be preseason or not

wishful thinking it seems

Their main asset is capitalising from turnovers. Richmond are excellent at pressuring the ball carrier, but more importantly executing attacking transition well from a turnover

They will feast on the bad sides that overpossess this year.

Find it interesting how many hawkies are shooting us down in this thread, you'd think after the era of success they'd be decent human beings and pay some respect to another premiership side who hasnt put a foot wrong whether it be preseason or not

wishful thinking it seems
You'd think after winning a premiership richmond fans would be decent human beings also.
Wishful thinking it seems

Amongst all the optimism for us tigers we should be aware of some things:
- how often does preseason form translate into season form? There must have been some positive examples but plenty of negative ones too.
- we beat 2 flawed sides, one with the shits, the other still working out its game.
- the real contenders will improve, Giants, Cats and possibly Dees, plus another smoky may emerge.
- injuries to any of top 4 would hurt.
I am enjoying the moment because it could end any moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet it was a Geelong troll who bumped this thread. No wonder BF is all about the Tiges this year, every non Richmond supporter keeps bumping and starting rubbish threads about us.
To be constantly trolled or 'baited' means we're living inside their heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back