Roast Can we please get a decent banner writer at the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok peeps..... You will be shocked to hear this but it is actually someone within the Carlton Football Club who tells the cheersquad what goes on the banner (sorry but can't remember his name). The cheersquad have no say on the matter. It was like that when my daughters were in the cheersquad 2 yrs ago & it apparently is still like that today.

My all time favorite (when I was in the cheersquad back in the day) was against Collingwood & the cheersquad got fined for this one.... It went something like this.....

You can't pick gutters up out of Collingwood but
You can pick Collingwood up out of the gutters

That ended up in a $1500 fine :D
John Donehue?

I remember one in 1977 when we played Collingwood at Princes Park. Collingwood had not lost a game and were pretty satisfied that order had been restored after a disastrous 1976. The banner read ' Carlton welcomes the reigning wooden spooners'.

Obviously the cheer squad had a bad day on Sunday but they probably used Kevin Rudd's speechwriter.

How about this for Sunday.

'you might have big Cox
but we've got Chris Judd'

There should be a sticky thread where we can post suggestions for next weeks banner. Who knows, CFC may even start following it :p

I was the Chief Banner Writer in 1999

Happy to make a come back, but only via email.

I think the GF banner read something like...

"We have 16, you have 4.
After today, we will have 1 more"

Highlight was sitting behind the goals in 1999 PF watching Kouta take it apart

Anyhow, my message is to join the Cheer Squad and contribute. It will trun you into an A1 citizen like me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was the Chief Banner Writer in 1999

Happy to make a come back, but only via email.

I think the GF banner read something like...

"We have 16, you have 4.
After today, we will have 1 more"

Highlight was sitting behind the goals in 1999 PF watching Kouta take it apart

Anyhow, my message is to join the Cheer Squad and contribute. It will trun you into an A1 citizen like me

Oh the irony...

Found it quite humorous that our best banner came on the weekend via a carlton supporter who won a competition on facebook. Read something along the lines of:

Betts the magician
Judd the boss
Together the blues
Will give viney his first loss
Via facebook​

Thought the 'via facebook' part ruined it because at the time I thought it was part of the banner. Turns out they were just trying to say that the banner was via a facebook competition. Go figure! :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back