Can't keep the package in his pants

Remove this Banner Ad

More appropriate would be: " A leopard never changes his spots. He just changes what tree he sleeps in and who he sleeps with."

Kinda irrelevant to his ability to play football.
Ben Cousins was in pingers his whole career and won a granny and a Brownlow.
Stringer can root as many girls of legal age as he likes if he can pull that off.

Stringer can root as many girls of legal age as he likes if he can pull that off.
But eventually West Coast had to sack him, presumably because of their culture issues at the time which led to their window closing prematurely and left several players in long term distress. At Richmond he played ok but there were always suggestions he may have led some young players along the path he was on while there.

Fev played good footy at two clubs and had 4-5 years left in him when sacked. The off field stuff again was just too bad and it was too disruptive to the club.

I have no doubt Stringer will play good footy. He may do it long enough to help deliver team success which as you say is fine. If he doesn't sort his life out though there will be continuing issues and you won't want him sucking young players into his sex, gambling and booze fuelled spiral if it happens.

But eventually West Coast had to sack him, presumably because of their culture issues at the time which led to their window closing prematurely and left several players in long term distress. At Richmond he played ok but there were always suggestions he may have led some young players along the path he was on while there.

Fev played good footy at two clubs and had 4-5 years left in him when sacked. The off field stuff again was just too bad and it was too disruptive to the club.

I have no doubt Stringer will play good footy. He may do it long enough to help deliver team success which as you say is fine. If he doesn't sort his life out though there will be continuing issues and you won't want him sucking young players into his sex, gambling and booze fuelled spiral if it happens.

Obviously I’d prefer the Hawthorn/Brisbane/Geelong style of sustained success but given our lack of any since 2000 I’ll take what I can lol.
It’s probably the similar argument to what you guys are going through with Boyd; even if from here on in he does nothing you still take that deal as you ended up with a flag.
Granted there’s an apparent sizeable gap between the negative influence Stringer could have on the playing group when compared to Boyd.

Bullshit mate.
1.His ability to play football has been average over the last two years. Extremely average.
2. As a young father with two young children, he has said he wants to make his kids proud. Rooting as many girls of legal age as he likes is not going to make his kids proud of him. He has already caused enough damage.
3. His addiction problems, like Cousins are extremely relevant . Anyone that faces addiction knows the devastation it can cause. Working at your best becomes extremely difficult when dealing with addiction.

Bullshit mate.
1.His ability to play football has been average over the last two years. Extremely average.
2. As a young father with two young children, he has said he wants to make his kids proud. Rooting as many girls of legal age as he likes is not going to make his kids proud of him. He has already caused enough damage.
3. His addiction problems, like Cousins are extremely relevant . Anyone that faces addiction knows the devastation it can cause. Working at your best becomes extremely difficult when dealing with addiction.

1. Agreed. Think he’s one of the most overrated players in the league.
2. That’s nice . . . Still not sure what it has to do with his football unless his kids pride in him dictates how he plays.
3. They become relevant if he can’t play football around them. At least, unlike Cousins, there seems to be some admittance of a problem as well as support network around him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two players were traded well below what should have been their market value last year. I don't think the Bombers or the Dogs are going to get what they expect out of either player.

I did notice his haircut - not that it should matter - but when you are an AA, top 6 pick who just got kicked to the curb for being unprofessional you might consider not stepping out first time for your new club looking like a clown.

The JLT series summed up his past two seasons. Mostly crap but with a couple of flashes of brilliance.

He’s not going to be the midfield saviour Essendon need but will provide some highlights.

Sadly you wonder how his mental state is with the old ball and chain running her mouth off at him in her column every week. Jake would admit he did wrong by her (because he did) but in no way deserves the one-sided flogging he gets. Especially if she says she has “forgiven” him.

Where di Stringer go off the rails? Was he born a flog or did the Dogs turn him into a flog or did they allow him to become a flog?

Where di Stringer go off the rails? Was he born a flog or did the Dogs turn him into a flog or did they allow him to become a flog?

I was once on a work conference with a close relative of one of stringer’s contemporaries throughout their under 18 years (this player also went pretty high in the draft and was a similar big bodied kid) and she alleged stringer was always a bit of a dick. Was almost the antithesis of her close relative, who was popular and a great leader as well as being talented while stringer was the exceptional talent who was a bit of a bully and a lot more selfish

I was once on a work conference with a close relative of one of stringer’s contemporaries throughout their under 18 years (this player also went pretty high in the draft and was a similar big bodied kid) and she alleged stringer was always a bit of a dick. Was almost the antithesis of her close relative, who was popular and a great leader as well as being talented while stringer was the exceptional talent who was a bit of a bully and a lot more selfish

Sounds about right.

It appears to just be the same one every week “Jake bad, I an inspiration”
Stringer may be a campaigner but those columns paint him as having been stuck in a relationship with a narcissist (a bigger one than himself). May be a case of this.
5FnBYPZ.jpg

The kids part makes it much harder to defend Stringer though.

Last edited:
No doubt the Bulldogs turned him into a flog. By all reports he was a quality individual prior to lining up for the Bullies. Terrible culture down there.
likes teenage girls. Would be a perfect fit for the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back