Universal Love Carlton Family Day - (Rescheduled) - Sat 16th March

Remove this Banner Ad

My family has never experienced a family day at Princes ….. makes me sad :(
It's pretty much just a chance to line up for ages to get player signatures, maybe a preso on stage, and a few freebies (drink bottles etc.). I guess this year they had the training sessions too, the times I went was when they scheduled it before an AFLW match.

they ain't missing much - last straw for me was "the blues brothers" on stage playing to no-one...........cringe........kids enjoy seeing the players I guess.....

Probably ran out of coffee as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they ain't missing much - last straw for me was "the blues brothers" on stage playing to no-one...........cringe........kids enjoy seeing the players I guess.....

I stopped going years ago. Or maybe I was asked not to attend? Was a bit weird seeing an old bloke chasing players around for a signature :oops:

How old would you be, if you didn't know how old you were?

Nothing weird in being oneself now, is there? :)
Bloody good question, that one. Honestly, I feel like being "age fluid" is a thing. It has to be. Because I can be acting all serious in my very serious boss-type job in a meeting or what have you, but inside my head I'm just replaying episodes of Red Dwarf, making inappropriate jokes and wondering where flies go at night time. I'm sixteen upstairs and 34 in the real world. Every now and again I switch it up and act 16 while thinking "You're too old for this s**t, stop it ya clown".

Surely I'm not alone.

Bloody good question, that one. Honestly, I feel like being "age fluid" is a thing. It has to be. Because I can be acting all serious in my very serious boss-type job in a meeting or what have you, but inside my head I'm just replaying episodes of Red Dwarf, making inappropriate jokes and wondering where flies go at night time. I'm sixteen upstairs and 34 in the real world. Every now and again I switch it up and act 16 while thinking "You're too old for this s**t, stop it ya clown".

Surely I'm not alone.
You’re not alone mate.

Normally I'd make an appearance, eat as many truck dimmies and donuts as possible, confirm than I'm still a magnificent specimen compared to elite AFL athletes, and then go home for my nanna nap. Unfortunately, ASIC desperately needed me to do my 17/18 books instead. Ask not what your country, etc. etc. etc..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back