Rumour Carlton is the ‘frontrunner’ to acquire Giants gun Josh Kelly if he decides to leave GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

You're 15th? Is that a good year?

Based on where our list is yes.
It has been publicly stated by the club we were starting a rebuild at the beginning of last year. We are half way through.
We have traded out players to get more elite young talent into the footy club, and I suspect next year will be another tough year in terms of wins. I see us moving up the ladder in 2019 and looking to play finals in 2020.

it's fair enough who wouldn't want Kelly but North Melbourne have publicly stated they want him but in my opinion, Saints are the front runners
they have the draft picks to make such a trade happen without repercussions

it's fair enough who wouldn't want Kelly but North Melbourne have publicly stated they want him but in my opinion, Saints are the front runners

How does all the trade picks in the world help if he only wants to go to a different club?

What if GWS arent interested in trade picks and only want players?

Carlton have also traded with GWS no problems in the past. If he doesn't remain a Giant then I think its down to 3 Vic clubs. Carlton, St Kilda, and possibly Melbourne. I don't seriously believe he'd consider North, and other Vic sides may not have the cap space.

Carlton have also traded with GWS no problems in the past. If he doesn't remain a Giant then I think its down to 3 Vic clubs. Carlton, St Kilda, and possibly Melbourne. I don't seriously believe he'd consider North, and other Vic sides may not have the cap space.

Apart from the fact that his management are negotiating with us as we speak.

One thing is absolutely for sure, he isn't staying at GWS.

If GWS win the flag then I think he is almost certainly leaving but if they don't then he may stay because he has unfinished business.

If he was re-signing, he would have done it by now.

There'll be no actual news on this til October. At which point he announces he wants to play with us. Then we have to get a deal done with GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is not necessarily true at all. You're sounding desperate.

Don't worry, I'm not doing some "hahahahahaha North are getting Kelly and Martin be afraid loserz" thing.

For most of the time since the North offer to him leaked I was very circumspect, the most optimistic I got was "Every day that passes without him re-signing at GWS makes this idea more likely"

A few weeks ago, some independent sources (plural) not known to each other, very reliable, said that Kelly's management are in talks with North and nobody else.

We've been into him for a long time, since his draft year.

Also, that his Dad played for us means nothing. That he BFNAAK is nice but doesn't mean he's coming to us for the love of the jumper.

The reality is we have the $$$ to pay him and we can offer him a setting that matches what he wants.

We were saying the same thing about Schache, and he signed on for two more years.

You may have been, I never did.

Don't worry, I'm not doing some "hahahahahaha North are getting Kelly and Martin be afraid loserz" thing.

For most of the time since the North offer to him leaked I was very circumspect, the most optimistic I got was "Every day that passes without him re-signing at GWS makes this idea more likely"

A few weeks ago, some independent sources (plural) not known to each other, very reliable, said that Kelly's management are in talks with North and nobody else.

Also, that his Dad played for us means nothing. That he BFNAAK is nice but doesn't mean he's coming to us for the love of the jumper.

The reality is we have the $$$ to pay him and we can offer him a setting that matches what he wants.

That's all well and good, but has not much to do with the post I responded to initially.

You may not think he's over the line at North Melbourne, but to say with certainty that he's not staying at the Giants because he remains unsigned is just wrong.

How convenient..

I haven't pretended to know anything about Schache or even have followed it with much interest, though my gut did feel like it was unlikely he'd leave just yet.

That's all well and good, but has not much to do with the post I responded to initially.

You may not think he's over the line at North Melbourne, but to say with certainty that he's not staying at the Giants because he remains unsigned is just wrong.

Judging by recent "big name" player movements like Treloar and Dangerfield, the pattern is very, very similar.

I agree and think North is a monty to land him IF he leaves, this thread title is misleading and it will be interesting to see what sort of deal GWS accept for him from you guys.

If he does leave GWS it would surely be either saints or blues.

Tassies roos are just....meh.

I reckon you've gone a week(2 max) early on the "no GWS" call MA.

If there is still silence by the end of next week say, then he is gone.

But not quite yet.

The GWS good judges were telling us if he hadn't signed by their bye week, they were effectively resigned to him going.

Mail that his people had started talking to our people arrived the week before their bye week.

This "Carlton are leading" angle comes from traditional footy journo Phil Space and the fact that you guys are currently flavour du jour and the "Rising Blues Attractive To Young Gun" narrative is simple enough for even a footy journo to grasp, and that as Carlton fans - not those here I might add - creep out of the woodwork at the sniff of success, clicks can be had by linking Kelly to the Blues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back