Carlton to break consecutive MCG games attendance ( by a long way )

Remove this Banner Ad

Luck of the draw....2 finals matches where Carlton fans have seen how many finals matches in recent times?

Richmond always draws a lot because Richmond has a lot of fans too and rd 1, Geelong Carlton only because both doing well and Carlton Collingwood always has a big crowd
Luck of the draw. Big teams bring big crowds. Happens every year 🙄

We’re the common denominator here.

Luck of the draw. Big teams bring big crowds. Happens every year 🙄

We’re the common denominator here.
2 finals matches would always have big crowds, especially when a team hasn't played finals in a long time. Rd 1 always has big crowds so nothing new, same with Carlton Collingwood games. Only difference is Geelong Carlton game but that's because both teams are up top of ladder at the moment

2 finals matches would always have big crowds, especially when a team hasn't played finals in a long time. Rd 1 always has big crowds so nothing new, same with Carlton Collingwood games. Only difference is Geelong Carlton game but that's because both teams are up top of ladder at the moment
First final against interstate opposition, while the second was a bigger crowd than the Qualifying Final featuring Collingwood.

Might be hard to get 80k against Melbourne. There will be 70k carlton and 5k dees fans. They don't rock up.
You got 68,000 at your home game at the MCG against Melbourne in round 21 last season.

So yeah. The Blues will struggle unless they have a big club get them over the line.

Typical….

Carlton organise the fixture?
Given their drawing power, I'm sure the AFL does its best to ensure the biggest Victorian clubs play the blockbuster games at the home of football. It's an ideal situation because , let's face it , a half filled stadium against an interstate side isn't an ideal situation for anyone, hence why they play those games at a full stadium 4 kms down the road at Marvel

You got 68,000 at your home game at the MCG against Melbourne in round 21 last season.

So yeah. The Blues will struggle unless they have a big club get them over the line.

Typical….
I'd be gobsmacked if 80k don't turn up next week (only a wet/cold Thursday night will keep Demons supporters away) but it is a Carlton home game so expect to break the record next week.
Challenge is for your mob with its 110k members and laying claim to be the biggest club in the land to make use of those memberships and turn up every week

OP: You know what would be a great idea?! Going on BF and seeing if everyone else wants to help us pat ourselves on the back, I’m sure it’ll go great!! Man, we are so amazing 🤩
Go us!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given their drawing power, I'm sure the AFL does its best to ensure the biggest Victorian clubs play the blockbuster games at the home of football. It's an ideal situation because , let's face it , a half filled stadium against an interstate side isn't an ideal situation for anyone, hence why they play those games at a full stadium 4 kms down the road at Marvel
Cool.

But my question was
Carlton organise the fixture?

I'd be gobsmacked if 80k don't turn up next week (only a wet/cold Thursday night will keep Demons supporters away) but it is a Carlton home game so expect to break the record next week.
Challenge is for your mob with its 110k members and laying claim to be the biggest club in the land to make use of those memberships and turn up every week
Carlton have never pulled 80k for a H&A home game unless Collingwood, Essendon or Richmond are the opposition.

Shouldn't you be gobsmacked if they do?

OP: You know what would be a great idea?! Going on BF and seeing if everyone else wants to help us pat ourselves on the back, I’m sure it’ll go great!! Man, we are so amazing 🤩
Go us!!
You can only dream with that boutique stadium over at burswood

Last edited:
The biggest danger games is the Hawthorn one.. but seeing as its Carlton home game they should push it to 80K.

Otherwise its hard to see MCG attendances being below 80K for the rest of the year. Fair effort

Umm, no. Blues have over 100k members these days.
They just pulled 88k for a Geelong game so that blows your theory out of the water
Uh. Try again. Carlton weren't the home team.

Typical….
You may well have forgotten that the whole country went collectively bananas for the Matildas at that time. They were playing some game that they won on penalties that night and it appeared that every person in Australia wanted to watch it. Every bar was overflowing on the walk to the ground and federation square was literally overflowing.

This year there will be 30K Dees supporters looking for vengeance (Petracca's touched goal then Acres late goal in the semi). I think that there should be 50K of our supporters should be there as well.

But it was a Carlton home game at the MCG in round 22, on your way to making finals for the 1st time in a while and you got 68k….

Look, this is obviously important to you, so I’ll let you enjoy it. Most others are comfortable where we are.

Congratulations.

You may well have forgotten that the whole country went collectively bananas for the Matildas at that time. They were playing some game that they won on penalties that night and it appeared that every person in Australia wanted to watch it. Every bar was overflowing on the walk to the ground and federation square was literally overflowing.

This year there will be 30K Dees supporters looking for vengeance (Petracca's touched goal then Acres late goal in the semi). I think that there should be 50K of our supporters should be there as well.
👏

Remove this Banner Ad

Back