Carlton to break consecutive MCG games attendance ( by a long way )

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s almost no point anyone from a club outside the big four saying this because some halfwit will invariably say ‘you’re only saying that because you don’t follow a big four club’ but what does this prove, exactly?

What does being the biggest club achieve and what bragging right does it entitle anyone to?

Is Taylor swift suddenly a better songwriter than Paul Kelly (the singer not the footballer)

There’s almost no point anyone from a club outside the big four saying this because some halfwit will invariably say ‘you’re only saying that because you don’t follow a big four club’ but what does this prove, exactly?

What does being the biggest club achieve and what bragging right does it entitle anyone to?

Is Taylor swift suddenly a better songwriter than Paul Kelly (the singer not the footballer)
The bragging right IS biggest club. It’s what value you attach to it.

Blue on the verge of breaking an MCG attendance record for most consecutive games at 80k plus crowds

Starting back last year with the elimination final against the Swans (92k) then the semi final against Melbourne (96k) , round 1 tigers (83k) , round 7 Geelong (87k)

If they get over 80k against the Pies, it will break a 53 year record where collingwood had 5 in a row in 1970/71 .

This is where it gets to uncharted waters . After this Friday night's game, they have the following MCG games ( where only poor weather will reduce crowd numbers )
Round 9 v melbourne
Round 13 v Essendon
Round 15 v Geelong
Round 16 v Richmond
Round 21 v Collingwood

That really should be 10 games in a row of 80k plus crowds. Fair effort in my opinion.

This is the bigfooty equivalent of the Matt Owies jumper tug

That’s what I mean though why does anyone older than 12 attach any value to it
It adds a degree of pressure to perform. Not that it is that relevant, can’t think of a player that struggled with the spotlight of a big club who moved to a small and put themselves in the conversation of the greatest of their generation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crazy to think Carlton vs Collingwood could only draw 600 more than a Geelong home game at the MCG. No wonder the AFL and the city of Melbourne demand Geelong aka The Big Show head up the highway every year.
Hard to put up an argument there

According to crowd numbers at the MCG, the Big 4 is now Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton and Geelong

So I take it you are all good with the 7ft giraffe celebrations then .
Geez, not allowed to pump up your team mates anymore you must be real fun at parties

No, I’m saying he is a poor man’s Papley.

Did I say he couldn’t celebrate?

Our record , as in collingwoods record, who currently share that with Geelong and now Carlton
But you need to rely on who you play, when in the season, when at the MCG etc etc etc.

If your home ground was the MCG you wouldn’t have got it.

It’s one of the most useless stats going around. I can’t think of anyone mentioning the Pies ever doing it and to be honest, the 1st I heard of it was through this thread.

the simpsons dancing GIF
Carlton fans just want to be noticed….

But you need to rely on who you play, when in the season, when at the MCG etc etc etc.

If your home ground was the MCG you wouldn’t have got it.

It’s one of the most useless stats going around. I can’t think of anyone mentioning the Pies ever doing it and to be honest, the 1st I heard of it was through this thread.
Was mentioned on AFL fox footy last night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back