Preview Carlton v Fremantle Sunday 21st May 4.40PM (AEST) @ Domain Stadium - Final Team post #778

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh good call can he win the b&f....big chance if he stays fit.Doc,murph,Cripps the others at this stage.
Murphy has been very good. Doc and Cripps (even Simpson) started a bit slow but are really hitting great form now. Said Kreuzer because i reckon he would be the hardest to cover if out with injury.

**** yes Cunners is playing. What a ripper.

So good to finally drop a tall for a runner and move Weities back. Our backline is ******* elite now.

Weitering Silvagni Plowman
Marchbank Rowe Simpson with Docherty as 7th man so good
Weitering will start forward for sure, but this offers a lot more flexibility.

The Carlton teams of old were blessed with great back-lines and that's what we remember, but we can forget that the attacks weren't shabby either.

The back-line has to be good but it doesn't have to be 'rich' to do its job.
Something something midfield.

You can't say "backline win flags" .

Different teams have different styles.

The WCE had a good backline in 2006 but without any one of Judd, Cousins or Kerr they don't win that flag, no chance.

The Brisbane 3 peat was as much (or more IMO) about the fantastic 4 than their supreme backline.

Obviously every line is important but history shows MIDFIELDS win premierships.

Every team who has won a premiership in recent times had A grade midfields...you can get away with B-B+ forward lines and arguably back 6 but not midfield.

Midfields control the game, making it easier for forwards by giving them more I50's than the opposition and more quality ones.
They also help protect the backline by conceding less I50's and lower quality ones, making it easier for the back 6 to intercept.

But SOS & Bolts have done the right thing by focusing on our defensive mechanisms and recruiting KPP's first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So good that with the NB's having a convincing win yet again, this time against a highly rated opponent, the pressure on the guys to perform continues to be high.

I think the only area we currently dont have as much pressure is the key forwards...with Jaksch, McKay & Kerr not quite doing enough of late.
Weitering & SOSOS are obviously young themselves.

Jones, Smedts, Polson & Boek in particular pushing for recalls. Could possibly add Lamb, Palmer & Sumner to that list.

Weather update:
4.00 am.

Pissing down, strong winds from the west. The type of system typical of Perth in winter.

If it goes to script it will blow itself out by 10 ish, everyone goes out and rakes up the branches, leaves and the wet s**t flyers from everyone else's over stuffed mail box. Then a nice lunch before heading to the ground or ,in my case today, getting the lounge sorted with all the essentials within arms reach.

Might get a shower or two during the game but you select for a dry day.

That's the normal course of events for arvo footy in Perth.

It rarely rains for prolonged periods here during the afternoon unless it's WAFL grand final. ******* happens all the time then.

Last edited:
Weather update:
4.00 am.

Pissing down, strong winds from the west. The type of system typical of Perth in winter.

If it goes to script it will blow itself out by 10 ish, everyone goes out and rakes up the branches, leaves and the wet s**t flyers from everyone else's over stuffed mail box. Then a nice lunch before heading to the ground or ,in my case today, getting the lounge sorted with all the essentials within arms reach.

It rarely rains for prolonged periods here during the afternoon unless it's WAFL grand final. ******* happens all the time then.

Notice there is a bit of rain at the moment passmark, great weather report mate

Weather update:
4.00 am.

I forgot you were in Perth mate :) Maybe we can catch up when I come down to the city next?

I forgot you were in Perth mate :) Maybe we can catch up when I come down to the city next?
No problem.

I'm out of action for a month or two now but when I'm back on deck.

Where are you based? The WA Blues club hosts CFC matches at the Globe Hotel (about one every 3 weeks or so) in the centre of Perth and that's usually pretty good. I think there might be a few sneaky BFers in that lot. Could meet you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back