List Mgmt. Carlton's 2020 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Weird comparison. Bell was big and raw. Honey looks silky and classy.
Club says he's big, aggressive, fast. He's also silky/classy? Has any player ever actually had all those attributes? Is he a bit like De Goey?

Asking since I've only seen him that once against Freo, and didn't pay particular attention then either.

Available players...

Bruhn- skilled duel sided classy midfielder
Perkins- tough powerful dangerous forward/midfielder
Cook- sounds very exciting, dangerous goal kicking winger/forward

Zac Reid- 202cm athletic skilled smart key- defender
Nic Cox- 199cm athletic moves brilliantly for a key-defender

Available players...

Bruhn- skilled duel sided classy midfielder
Perkins- tough powerful dangerous forward/midfielder
Cook- sounds very exciting, dangerous goal kicking winger/forward

Zac Reid- 202cm athletic skilled smart key- defender
Nic Cox- 199cm athletic moves brilliantly for a key-defender
If we were looking at a KPD, I'd be at Grainger-Barras before I'd be at either of those two.

Ideally, I want Bruhn and Cook unequivocally. If we trade out our first, Cook's the one I want.

If we were looking at a KPD, I'd be at Grainger-Barras before I'd be at either of those two.

Ideally, I want Bruhn and Cook unequivocally. If we trade out our first, Cook's the one I want.
Most of these kids could go anywhere, like you said if we trade out our first who knows who’s available for us with our next pick..
I’m really missing the championships and this years live streaming and replays highlights of the nab U18’s/ interstate colts games...

Last edited:
Is there in footage on Cook?
Not that I could find.

He's kicked a few big goal tallies, with one of them being 5.5; 4 in the final quarter to win a game. Jayden Stephenson's only game in the champs which suggested his AFL capabilities was his 8 goal performance; outside of that, he was extremely inaccurate, and only good for 1-2 goals a game.

I like that we've gone for MIDFIELDER/forwards, but I also think we should go for midfielder/FORWARDS as well; especially considering our link between forward and midfield is part of our problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that I could find.

He's kicked a few big goal tallies, with one of them being 5.5; 4 in the final quarter to win a game. Jayden Stephenson's only game in the champs which suggested his AFL capabilities was his 8 goal performance; outside of that, he was extremely inaccurate, and only good for 1-2 goals a game.

I like that we've gone for MIDFIELDER/forwards, but I also think we should go for midfielder/FORWARDS as well; especially considering our link between forward and midfield is part of our problem.
Yeah from memory Stephenson got pushed up the ground onto a wing and a little midfield in his draft year which was actually his third competing at U18’s level...
I think also the small/medium forwards/midfielder types are an area our list needs strengthening our connection going inside50 and also our lack of firepower on the ground when in there...

He won't be there by our second pick, unless we have mysteriously received a higher selection without me knowing it. What are people's thoughts on Caleb Poulter (who didn't make Twomey's list)?

#7 Caleb Poulter

Poulter was prolific again for the Eagles, racking up 31 disposals to go with nine clearances, seven tackles, and five marks. He spent most of the day in the midfield and was on the move at stoppages all day. After a bit of a quiet first term for him, he did not miss a beat for the rest of the game, going in hard and aggressively at the contest. He intercepted a handball at a stoppage and cleared it down the line, only to follow up, receive a handball back, and find a leading target inside forward 50. It was indicative of his willingness to put in repeat efforts no matter where he was.

Poulter’s second half was dominant. He was faultless below the knees even in the muddy conditions and a sound decision maker under pressure. He seems to have a good tank but also manages to just get to very good spots, at one point it seemed that he was everywhere. He moved forward in the final quarter and though he managed just three behinds, he looked threatening. He has a good aerial ability and when it comes to ground, he goes back into midfield mode.

Poulter’s ball use was fantastic and when you get it 31 times, they will be important touches. His clearance work was top class and his ability to work in tight was impressive. If he could have hit the scoreboard a bit more accurately, it could have become an even bigger day for him.

Hmm....

Big kick, decent ball winning, but he's very light for his height.

I'd have posted the video highlights from the game, but they've only got him winning a HTB and kicking the goal. Looks to be a ball magnet, but is he an inside mid? With those stats, you'd think so.

Do we need another inside mid? If he's got a bit of pace, could be a good get, but it depends on how well his game would gel with Setterfield and Cripps.

Am I correct in saying that WA and SA junior football is still happening? I have a suspicion possibly totally unfounded that AFL recruiters seemingly overlook WA players, with competitions still ongoing in these states, will recruiters value more what they know and can see in terms of the WA and SA boys, over what they hope and think the Vic boys will become?

If we end up taking a first round pick to the draft, I really hope we pick a mid/forward or vice vers, but please for the love of god, no more players who have just done an ACL, the risk of re injuring and the risk they come back not as good is just too much.

Am I correct in saying that WA and SA junior football is still happening? I have a suspicion possibly totally unfounded that AFL recruiters seemingly overlook WA players, with competitions still ongoing in these states, will recruiters value more what they know and can see in terms of the WA and SA boys, over what they hope and think the Vic boys will become?

If we end up taking a first round pick to the draft, I really hope we pick a mid/forward or vice vers, but please for the love of god, no more players who have just done an ACL, the risk of re injuring and the risk they come back not as good is just too much.

They're playing in other states.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back