2nds Centrals vs Port Adelaide - Elimination Final @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I still disagree, we need to control this shitpot league, get back our ressies, get back our zones and keep wearing the PB's as we won't be in an AFL ressies comp.

But I accept I'm in the minority on this thinking.

The club expects to be in an afl reserves league when Tasmania join. If they've told me the truth.

The SANFL is totally dead and there is really no reason to care for it outside individual performances and development.
This is fine, but losing today and therefore not having any more reserves games while the AFL side still has anywhere between two and four games to go is bad for development and bad for match preparation for our remaining AFL games. You don't need to care about winning SANFL premierships for today's result to have been bad.

Just got home from work. Result doesn’t surprise me whatsoever. Nothing will change whilst you keep the same management.

Agree. Sick of seeing sanfl teams execute the handball and kick better, structure better, and waltz down the field in transition with three uncontested kicks for a set shot dead in front.

The senior coach sets the tone of the club. Attitude, mental application, skills. Everyone else follows. Especially at our club when the board does nothing more but listen to recommendations from the senior coach‘s buddy.

I watched the 2nd half of the tingles v blue baggers game and as difficult as it is to say this the Maggies wouldn't have got within 7 or 8 goals of either team, and even if they had won today's elimination final next week against the blue baggers would have almost certainly been a smashing.

The ball use by the tingles, their ability to play 4 qtrs and the quality of their top up players was many multiples x anything I have seen from the Maggies for quite some time, and we wouldn't have got anywhere near them either.

Destroying 140 odd years of Magpie history and success for One Club is unfortunately looking as horribly empty as Richardson's absolutely BS statement of 3 flags in 5 years!
The club gave up way too much for too little in return, it was either a decision made by absolute fools with little to no thought for the consequences or the con act of the millenium, but my money is on the former as I doubt any of our hierarchy would have been capable of pulling off the con act bit!

The SANFL is totally dead and there is really no reason to care for it outside individual performances and development.
Well I can think of four reasons without thinking about it very hard.
1. We continue to wear the jumper I love, and the jumper that ties the current to the past.
2. The next Mallee Park superstar gets to play juniors for us, and ressies for us, before getting drafted to the AFL and then returning home to us two years later.
3. We get to see those kids do #2.
4. The AFL does not have monopolistic control over everything Port Adelaide.

Just because the current SANFL is s**t doesn't mean it has to stay that way.
But again, I accept I'm in the minority here.

I went today. Centrals ran over the top of us which is an indictment on our fitness programme. We were continually out bodied and out marked which is and indictment on our strength and conditioning. Our game plan is sh*t. Forwards can't create space to bring the talls into the game. Our young defense with Pasini, McCallum, Marshall was always going to struggle.
Seeing Sutcliffe out there absolutely infuriates me and whilst we are wearing the prison bars, I give a sh*t if we win or lose.

Not sure what the hell is going on with the Magpies but something isn't right. Fitness is bad, gameplan is bad, endeavour and aggression is bad.

Not sure what the Crows are doing at the moment, but whatever they are doing we should be looking to emulate. First step is getting a half decent coach.

Good

Thought Mead, Bonner, Fantasia and Lycett were really the only AFL listed players who were good. And it's reasonably likely none of them will be on the list next year... Thought Mead in particular was exceptional until he was taken out of the game.

Hagan was also good. Everyone else was complete garbage.

Bad

Early days with Scully, but slightly concerned he has zero aggression in his game at all. Very much a one effort player and that is it. He is also might be the most unfit player I have ever seen on our list. I reckon he would genuinely struggle to finish a 3k time trial.

This is the type of game that really exemplifies why I don't think Burgoyne is an AFL footballer. Had 20 touches but I would say 90% of them were not damaging. Lots of long high kicks to packs, lots of sideways kicks and a s**t tonne of shanks. He will go on to have a reasonable SANFL career but doesn't have AFL traits. Some very lazy defensive errors as well.

Pasini and Teakle are both terrible. Well below the grade even in SANFL. Pasini just has no defensive intensity or awareness at all, constantly gets caught ball watching. And Teakle... well he can't really do anything well.

McCallum, Marshall, Jackson all had some good moments and some terrible moments. Hopefully they get better with experience. Jackson seemed to run out of puff in the back end of the season. McCallum and definitely Marshall are not up to the grade and are both prone to absolute bomb scare moments which I'm not totally sure will be fixed over time.

Dumont has had a nothing year, almost like he was told his time was up before round one and he was getting delisted. Narkle had a nothing game, maybe he has also been told he is being delisted.

Will be very happy to the back of Sutcliffe and most of the top-ups, but especially Sutcliffe.

This is fine, but losing today and therefore not having any more reserves games while the AFL side still has anywhere between two and four games to go is bad for development and bad for match preparation for our remaining AFL games. You don't need to care about winning SANFL premierships for today's result to have been bad.

There's a grand total of about two players that you'd consider for AFL selection after that performance, and they'll probably both be in the team next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jonas, evans and Hayes are all very unlikely to play next weekend and have played majority sanfl so really they should’ve played today.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
All 3 were not allowed to because they played AFL in round 24.

kevin-hart-say-what.gif

Did the crows also have those rules?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
They are not in AFL finals, so they just pick people that are qualified to play.

1. We continue to wear the jumper I love, and the jumper that ties the current to the past.
2. The next Mallee Park superstar gets to play juniors for us, and ressies for us, before getting drafted to the AFL and then returning home to us two years later.

We don't have any SNAFL zones. Those Mallee Park kids end up playing for Norwood.

You believe that the SNAFL having control over our reserves is better than the AFL?

The whole set up is rubbish, there are players wearing the PB's for the Maggies now who wouldn't have been good enough to make junior grades at Alberton in the past, and now a kid who could live across the road from the club and whose family has followed the PAFC for generations is tied to the eagles. :rolleyes:

Even the sons of past players who grew up in the original Port zone have to play their junior footy there, and the west coast of SA now belongs to nord, so it's hard not to believe the snafl weren't taking the p*ss big time with that one. o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back