Remove this Banner Ad

Magpiespower

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan
Dec 16, 2004
Salisbury
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Apparently Big Bad Billy decked a guy? Anyone know anything more?

There was an all-in at half-time. That broke up. Then it flared up again. Pretty much straight away. Two spotfires this time. And a few Centrals players went for Billy. He was pretty fired up. Fair to say he had something to do with the second dust-up, lol...

ZwpXZoP.png

Zi4u7PB.png

Magpiespower

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan
Dec 16, 2004
Salisbury
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Possession discrepancy is inflated a fair bit by Centrals playing "keepings off."

Kicking back and across then across and back again and whatnot.

They did that A-LOT.

Their impatient supporters got a little annoyed at times, screaming for 'em to pump it long, lol.

But the game plan definitely worked...

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's interesting that arch and young didn't make the best players despite high numbers. Hombsch and Amon in the bests will give the selectors some options. Lobbe in the bests is important if Ryder needs a rest. I'm actually happy we have Lobbe on the list. Sure we overpaid but without him we are shot without Paddy.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
The hit out count for Frampton continues to be a huge worry. He's hot and cold around the ground, but his around the ground stuff is good so we can absolutely use that. The problem is his ruck work, we desperately need to see a heap more from him in ruck if he's ever going to make the grade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Northalives

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
My earlier post was deleted because I said that Chad Cornes isn't up to it as a coach and it would be far better to confine him to running duties for the league side and get someone else to coach the Maggies.

I stand by that opinion after observing C. Cornes's coaching this year. They are the seconds yes, but if all the forwards yesterday played in the backlines and the backmen played in the forward lines, we still should have beaten a crap Centrals side.

Listening to Lade, I'd assume Amon would almost come back. Maybe for White?

White's spot wouldn't be secure. His first game back was very good for 3 quarters but since then okay at best. Thought he's lost a bit of top end pace watching him on Saturday.

Jakksynn

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The hit out count for Frampton continues to be a huge worry. He's hot and cold around the ground, but his around the ground stuff is good so we can absolutely use that. The problem is his ruck work, we desperately need to see a heap more from him in ruck if he's ever going to make the grade.
Yeah I'm starting to think he isn't going to make it as a ruckman just lacks the ability, but his around the ground work can be impressive.m. Maybe over the pre season we should try and turn him into a forward?

nadsee

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2010
Home
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
White's spot wouldn't be secure. His first game back was very good for 3 quarters but since then okay at best. Thought he's lost a bit of top end pace watching him on Saturday.
RE white, is that because his lack of games last year, due to injury? I think he only played one game at the start of the year. Plus his age is against him.

I think it's more that the wide open space of the MCG suits him. Adelaide Oval and Subiaco are narrower so it's easier to hem a fast player in and not allow them to get to top speed.

That being said, I'm not opposed to Amon replacing him, but after that long out you'd think Karl might have another game in the SANFL before coming back against St Kilda.

I think with White what I noticed on Saturday was he couldn't pull away from players like he used to. That real top end speed wasn't there. He's 30 now and yes has missed a fair chunk of football this year but at that age you're not going to suddenly recapture your pace. He's been back 4 games now and he's in that serviceable zone whereas he used to be a gamebreaker.

I wouldn't say he's likely to be dropped but in response to Rick's observation that Amon is under consideration then I can see how White would be one player under pressure.

Some pretty dozy defending going on there.

Looks like Jakey then Willem Drew started the dust up. Billy was circling the pack like a great white looking for a bite. Then just as it was petering out a couple of Doggies have had something to say to Monfries, he's reacted and Billy's thrown one into the ribs of one of the doggies. Then about 6 of them go after Billy, it all fires up again and Billy is pushed away from it all by it looks like Cam Hewett. I think Billy would have gone into berserker mode otherwise. Eyes were definitely rolling. ;)

Haha then they all go down the same race because that wouldn't be a problem would it? Sanfl. Amateurs.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Some pretty dozy defending going on there.

Looks like Jakey then Willem Drew started the dust up. Billy was circling the pack like a great white looking for a bite. Then just as it was petering out a couple of Doggies have had something to say to Monfries, he's reacted and Billy's thrown one into the ribs of one of the doggies. Then about 6 of them go after Billy, it all fires up again and Billy is pushed away from it all by it looks like Cam Hewett. I think Billy would have gone into berserker mode otherwise. Eyes were definitely rolling. ;)

Haha then they all go down the same race because that wouldn't be a problem would it? Sanfl. Amateurs.
Love the Port Highlights package on http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/video/2017-07-17/sanfl-highlights-v-centrals-ptv
They provide 6 minutes of highlights, with 5 minutes of it devoted to the Biffo!

Love it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back