Preview Changes and Preview Round 3 Power v Demons Saturday 7pm at AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Williams in the froward pocket would be a much better option than Evans and McEntee if for some reason you're unable to drop Jones and Burton to play him in the position he's got proven form in.
There's multiple levels to the stupidity here
Problem is if they see him as a defender first and foremost now and that's where he trains all summer he's really not in line for their spots. I think he's a flat out defender yea he has forward tricks but I've seen him go stone cold playing forward in the SANFL.

Could it be possible that in addition to being arguably the hardest position to play on the ground in general that being a small forward in our crowded forward flood long bombs to Dixon system probably isn't conducive to dominant small forwards kicking lots of goals and getting big stats? How many small forwards have rotated through this system over the years and been considered spuds by this board? Even Chad Wingard who had been AA in 2013 and 2015 became far less effective when we started this system in 2016. Only GOAT tier Robbie Gray has bucked this trend.

As far as I can see McEntee is a pretty reliable player with a good skillset. I don't really care about the numbers, when he does get the footy he's a good user and decision maker, he's a good set shot and his tackling is excellent. I think if you put him in a system that catered to small forwards he'd put up decent numbers.

This is a massive stretch.

DBJ can kick multiple goals. Rioli can. Fantasia could when he was fit. SPP can kick goals AND apply pressure. Monfries could.

McEntee just isn't good. Hes at the same level that Neade was at, at the end of his career when Ken kept picking him.

Could it be possible that in addition to being arguably the hardest position to play on the ground in general that being a small forward in our crowded forward flood long bombs to Dixon system probably isn't conducive to dominant small forwards kicking lots of goals and getting big stats?
Rioli, SPP, DBJ, even Evans and Narkle when they get a go all manage to put up double figure disposals and go at a goal a game or more in the same system. Your boy just sucks.

TBH I'd rather give Narkle a run as a forward for a few weeks over McEntee & Evans, I'm not sure why we even drafted him at this point he appears to be in nowhere land at selection.
If Narkle couldn't make it as a forward at Geelong then he'll certainly never make it at a shithouse small club like Port. I'm sure Narkle was recruited to take Wines spot as befitting an ex-Geelong player.

This is a massive stretch.

DBJ can kick multiple goals. Rioli can. Fantasia could when he was fit. SPP can kick goals AND apply pressure. Monfries could.

McEntee just isn't good. Hes at the same level that Neade was at, at the end of his career when Ken kept picking him.
Neade was far better

Could it be possible that in addition to being arguably the hardest position to play on the ground in general that being a small forward in our crowded forward flood long bombs to Dixon system probably isn't conducive to dominant small forwards kicking lots of goals and getting big stats? How many small forwards have rotated through this system over the years and been considered spuds by this board? Even Chad Wingard who had been AA in 2013 and 2015 became far less effective when we started this system in 2016. Only GOAT tier Robbie Gray has bucked this trend.

As far as I can see McEntee is a pretty reliable player with a good skillset. I don't really care about the numbers, when he does get the footy he's a good user and decision maker, he's a good set shot and his tackling is excellent. I think if you put him in a system that catered to small forwards he'd put up decent numbers.
McEntee is a panic merchant, has no goal sense, is a fumbler, and doesn't apply any effective pressure. All he does is kick straight set shots and occasionally executes a nice handball in traffic. The rest of the time he does nothing as he doesn't find the ball and he doesn't apply pressure because he chases players like a headless chook without actually applying smart pressure.

I cant believe josh sinn isnt in our best 22, heads and shoulders above burgoyne. sinn is faster than burgoyne, better kick, less fumbley, better under pressure, so delusional playing jase burgoyne over josh sinn

Being a small forward in a team that gets mass inside 50s and bombs it long to a massive forward who only tries to bring it to ground is a small forwards dream.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

McEntee is a panic merchant, has no goal sense, is a fumbler, and doesn't apply any effective pressure. All he does is kick straight set shots and occasionally executes a nice handball in traffic. The rest of the time he does nothing as he doesn't find the ball and he doesn't apply pressure because he chases players like a headless chook without actually applying smart pressure.
Try watching a game. We looked like Essendon or North last week when we didn't have the ball.

I cant believe josh sinn isnt in our best 22, heads and shoulders above burgoyne. sinn is faster than burgoyne, better kick, less fumbley, better under pressure, so delusional playing jase burgoyne over josh sinn
It's unbelievable isn't it. Burgonyes disposal is deplorable, is not anywhere near AFL standard at the moment.

Try watching a game. We looked like Essendon or North last week when we didn't have the ball.
Jed presumably would be our best player without the ball, given that he has so much more experience at not having the ball than any of our other players. In fact, he only had it once in his last game. Excellent off ball play.

Hinkley would find a way to still pick Jed even if Port had recruited Toby Greene and Shai Bolton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Hinkley's Port loves selecting players on their perceived attributes rather than on what they actually do.

Exactly this. It’s a Ken trait. He has it now he sees it on the white board, I mean all the flags we’ve collected along the way with this approach.

Williams and Evans are both slower players and both dropped easily.

I mean you may as well just sack them.

Why does getting my digital tickets from the Port app to my apple wallet seem so much harder this year. Constantly logging in and out of Ticketmaster, is it just me?

Why isn’t the ticket icon at the top of the app? I feel like it was last year, or am I missing something here.

If Narkle couldn't make it as a forward at Geelong then he'll certainly never make it at a shithouse small club like Port. I'm sure Narkle was recruited to take Wines spot as befitting an ex-Geelong player.
Narkle was quite good when he got his chances last year

Sent from my PHN110 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The team looks really good and when Round 5 rolls around and we have both Powell-Pepper and the Hornet in the team, it will look really good.

Having Jed and Evans in the same team is a bit bizarre. It is almost conceding they both don't quite have it.

I cannot fathom how a player who amasses one solitary possession in a bit over a half of football can get a spot in the side. That same player gets a two year contract extension and a spot on the permanent list?

I will not mention any names but this player is on track to reach 50 games for Port and claim the Stephen Daniels Trophy as the most ineffective player to amass 50 games for the PAFC. No prizes for guessing who I am on about.

Like many others I am pissed off that this guy keeps getting picked while a player with talent cannot get a game!!!!!!!!!!

If ever there was an example of how Hinkley sucks it is this type of selection.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back