Preview Changes and Preview Round 3 Power v Demons Saturday 7pm at AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot fathom how a player who amasses one solitary possession in a bit over a half of football can get a spot in the side. That same player gets a two year contract extension and a spot on the permanent list?

I will not mention any names but this player is on track to reach 50 games for Port and claim the Stephen Daniels Trophy as the most ineffective player to amass 50 games for the PAFC. No prizes for guessing who I am on about.

Like many others I am pissed off that this guy keeps getting picked while a player with talent cannot get a game!!!!!!!!!!

If ever there was an example of how Hinkley sucks it is this type of selection.:mad:

Oah, c'mon man don't leave us hanging!

Burton keeps his spot when he literally didn't even try last week and y'all worried about McEntee getting a game ahead of Evans or Narkle lol.

For a bloke who didn't try Burton still amassed 23 possessions. I would hate to think what his stats would be if he tried.

Twenty three possessions is almost 3 times Mc Entee's average per game for his entire career.

For a bloke who didn't try Burton still amassed 23 possessions. I would hate to think what his stats would be if he tried.

Twenty three possessions is almost 3 times Mc Entee's average per game for his entire career.

Great if you're playing Supercoach I guess.

Watching the actual game you'll notice that Burton basically cost us about 5 goals through lack of effort. That's worse than any performance McEntee has ever offered.

He was fukcing embarrassing last week, I long for the days we'd drop players after meek soft performances.

He had a few really poor moments but at the end of the day he had 23 disposals @ 91% efficiency and took 6 marks.
It's not really a comparable situation to a guy that has struggled to find the football for his entire career.
That said, if Burton puts up another soft performance I have absolutely no issue with him being dropped.

I could get 23 possessions a week playing Burton's role (half of them are kick ins lol). He's a total liability and unlike the McEntee discussion we actually have multiple proven AFL level players who could take his spot.

I cannot fathom how a player who amasses one solitary possession in a bit over a half of football can get a spot in the side. That same player gets a two year contract extension and a spot on the permanent list?

I will not mention any names but this player is on track to reach 50 games for Port and claim the Stephen Daniels Trophy as the most ineffective player to amass 50 games for the PAFC. No prizes for guessing who I am on about.

Like many others I am pissed off that this guy keeps getting picked while a player with talent cannot get a game!!!!!!!!!!

If ever there was an example of how Hinkley sucks it is this type of selection.:mad:
IMG_3266.jpeg

Just be thankful that McEntee cost a mid-season draft pick.

This is Lachie Schultz’s stats to half time last night. Ended up with 9 touches and wasn’t subbed out. 6 of those touches were in the last quarter and somewhat “junk time stats”. He is also going at less than a goal a game this season for a forward.

Schultz cost Collingwood a second round pick and a future first…. Not writing him off, but what’s his defensive pressure like?

Burton wasn’t even that bad lol. Wasn’t his best game, but he was fine. His overlap run out of defence is huge for us. He just had a couple of horrendous defensive moments that are sticking in your mind TeeKray.

Our whole game plan is built around Burton, Houston and Farrell overlapping past the inside kick and mark and getting the handball receive. We do it better than any other team in the comp currently. I wouldn’t be dropping him yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burton wasn’t even that bad lol. Wasn’t his best game, but he was fine. His overlap run out of defence is huge for us. He just had a couple of horrendous defensive moments that are sticking in your mind TeeKray.

Our whole game plan is built around Burton, Houston and Farrell overlapping past the inside kick and mark and getting the handball receive. We do it better than any other team in the comp currently. I wouldn’t be dropping him yet.
Nah. I'm generally a fan of Burton but that was probably the worst game I have seen him play for the club.

Sure he got a few soft outside possessions but he was a liability that directly cost us several goals with his lack of effort and toughness.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yea I would’ve gone the villain, in front of Jones or McEntee , or Burgoyne and Evans for that matter .
Only out is they probably reckon he needs a full game but got me scratching my head

Yeah dude, picking McEntee over superstars like Evans and Narkle. That's exactly what's stopping us from lifting the cup.
I'm not just talking about the fact that he picks spuds like McEntee. It's also the fact that he drops players that don't deserve to be dropped, plus the non selection of players that deserve a call up.

Yeah dude, picking McEntee over superstars like Evans and Narkle. That's exactly what's stopping us from lifting the cup.
More so, it's when Hinkley gets in his head that something is a good idea he'll refuse to go away from that idea. Be it election or game plan. No doubt when he's called out by an assist on something isn't working he'd be even more desperate to prove he's right rather than accept he's not.

Great if you're playing Supercoach I guess.

Watching the actual game you'll notice that Burton basically cost us about 5 goals through lack of effort. That's worse than any performance McEntee has ever offered.
Yeah, nah.

The way he was able to stop picking Neade was for list management to remove him from the list. It'll likely be the same thing with Jed.
And Sam Gray.

Then Sydney gave him a two year deal because 'this guy has been a lock in Port's best 22 for years and they just randomly delisted him, what a bargain!' Only took them about a month to figure him out, and he played out the next two seasons in the state league without ever playing an AFL game again.

The crying about McEntee is reaching comical levels. Did any of you notice how easily Richmond rebounded from our F50 and turned into scores over the weekend? Now imagine what Melb will do to us. This inclusion is absolutely necessary to help curb this. It's not about who gets more touches. Internalise this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back