Changes for Richm'd (see team in OP, Aish & Broomy in, Varcoe out, Cox omit, & Daicos an emergency!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think dropping cox was a mistake, we dropped a tall defender and only have 2 genuine talls in our side. Think he could have worried us
Which tall defender did you drop?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally understand why Blair was retained even though it was tempting to drop him. Clangers aside (major clangers admittedly) his game was pretty good.

It was more important to drop Cox and replace him with a midfielder. The two ins can both play forward (as can WHE who only played forward for part ofthe game)so at least if Blair has a stinker we can bench him...unlike last week when we had to hide Cox on the bench.
We didn't have to hide Cox on the bench when he was consistently giving us first use of the ball from the center bounces.

I like the changes. Richmond are pretty quick and going in with three talls was always going to be too many.

We've brought in 2 good users with a bit of skill.

Blair is very very lucky but all his known predators are out injured or suspended. Daicos not quite ready yet.

I think this side will win.

Yep we do all see things differently.
Blair made some basic errors but Mayne was no better, he is no rookie, 174 game player.
Think both need to step up to keep their spot.
Disagree. Mayne was much better and kicked a goal that Blair would not have kicked in 100 attempts. Mayne's tackles stick, Blair's don't. Mayne is not fast, but he is no slower than Blair and much taller. There are many reasons to select Mayne ahead of Blair, and I am no Mayne lover.

Last edited:
Pretty shocked with the amount of defenders of the Blair selection on here.
How can we lose one player to suspension and suddenly don't have enough depth to replace him and Blair?
That alone is mismanagement at the highest level.
So we now start the game as minus 12.

It is pretty simple really. Varcoe, Elliott, Wells, JDG, Crocker, Sier, Greenwood, and Wills are all unavailable through suspension, injury or lack of preseason. That is not a list management failure.

Those who defend Blair's retention do it begrudgingly cause there is no real alternative.

I like the changes. Richmond are pretty quick and going in with three talls was always going to be too many.

We've brought in 2 good users with a bit of skill.

Blair is very very lucky but all his known predators are out injured or suspended. Daicos not quite ready yet.

I think this side will win.
But Blair is slow so how does that help us against a side you admit is pretty quick?

Cox has a 3.0 second time over 20m. Just because one is short and the other is a tall doesn't mean the shorter side is the faster side.

But Blair is slow so how does that help us against a side you admit is pretty quick?

Cox has a 3.0 second time over 20m. Just because one is short and the other is a tall doesn't mean the shorter side is the faster side.
The real difference is that Blair can run in between his legs & give Cox a flick on the way through...much more damaging.
We were top heavy last week...not this week.

Apart from Dunn who plays back, who would you have in place of Blair?

Funny board this. Once the knives are out they just keep getting sharper.
Mayne had similar stats to Blair and IMO was worse yet very little comment on him retaining his spot.

This opinion of yours, care to elaborate how he was worse? Mayne had more marks, tackles and most importantly for a forward goals - Blair sure led the stats for missed opportunities and killing the vibe - would sure love to know how maybe was worse than that

Blair is kaput!

Like the team, this team is going to be alot more accountable forward while increasing rotation strength through the centre.

I have this gut feeling making me a little queasy, the selection of Blair and Mayne being a regurgitated concept of the Goldsack, Blair forward structure. Let's hope it pans out differently.

Go Pies!

I am going to unblair myself.

He's in, I accept it.

I'm going to keep quiet about Blair for a while.

I don't think he'd be my first selection, but he's in, and that is that from me on the subject.

So relieved Cox is out, very confident about the game now.

I would like Blair out as well but realistically who comes in for him? No way Dunn should replace him, the team balance would be wrong.

Can't believe this quote hasn't been quoted ten times by now..... I must be the only one still seeing humour in Cox jokes!

I like the changes and agree we were top heavy last week. Only 2 of Mayne, White and Cox can play for mine.

Interesting to see Broomhead and Blair head to head. With Varcoe, Elliott, De Goey and Greenwood to return in coming weeks there's going to be competition for spots so these two have a chance to get in form and make themselves hard to omit.

Dropping Cox without an obvious forward line replacement is a big mistake IMO. Cox struggled last week but...
a) delivery inside 50 was poor at times
b) Tigers aren't nearly as capable down back as Bulldogs. With Rance on Moore... who at the Tigers was going to match up on Cox? I think Tigers would've struggled with this matchup.
c) with white as relief ruck this means at times we will be reduced to Moore, and mid sized Fasolo and Mayne as marking targets inside 50
d) One less big inside 50 target puts more pressure on a 'quiet' Darcy Moore to step up without the big body support, especially when White is in the ruck with Grundy on the pine resting. In his current form Darcy needs more big body support, not less

I hope they have the defensive flexibility to swing Reid forward during the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back