Changes for Richm'd (see team in OP, Aish & Broomy in, Varcoe out, Cox omit, & Daicos an emergency!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one recently that shits me the most, is 2014 draft, pick 30 we get Maynard which I like and will be good, but looking forward you need the 1/2 punch weather its mids or keys 1/2 punch selections work wonders players come through together, Dunstall, Dermie, Lockett, Lowe, Lyold, Lucus so on

Mitch McGovern went pick 43. You would think he has a brother who is beginning to rip it up, he has similar build, similar style FFS why not take the player when he's there to take. McGovern and Moore, now that would been something to get existed at. This is not hindsight I remember watching that draft night, and cursing the TV in disgust.
I'll have another drink then come back to this. It might register with me second time around. :drunk:

I would love the Broom to play for rest of year injury free
860643c0a0651a66d7fa43d4883bde76.jpg

No. In those unanticipated circumstances I expect to be the remindee, not the reminder.

I reckon many have short memories. It's almost an unwritten rule that Blair plays some good football at the beginning of the season, before declining into mediocrity as the season goes on. Expect a good game from him.

I reckon many have short memories. It's almost an unwritten rule that Blair plays some good football at the beginning of the season, before declining into mediocrity as the season goes on. Expect a good game from him.
This is the beginning of the season and the decline last week went well beyond mediocrity into indescribable depths of indecision and ineptitude.

Last edited:
Realistically Blair survives because of Varcoe's suspension. There is nobody capable of being brought in; Daicos doesn't have an AFL tank yet while Brown and Kirby had injury interrupted pre-seasons so need to build fitness.

Yep, this. Pretty obvious really.

Over the preseason we were all marveling at our depth but much of it is inexperienced kids. When the injuries hit those more experienced players it doesn't take long for the kids to become the next best available.

Don't fall for that myth. Broomhead can and both Sidebottom and WHE can spend more time forward.

Of course they can. But who then plays in the spot you've moved them from?

I sat next to Broomhead on a plane on the way back from Adelaide late last year.
Didn't realise it was him until after we were off the plane... He was super quiet and I got the "I don't want to make small talk" vibe so I never struck up a convo with him.

Anyways, pointless stories aside, I'm glad he's back!

Yep, this. Pretty obvious really.

Over the preseason we were all marveling at our depth but much of it is inexperienced kids. When the injuries hit those more experienced players it doesn't take long for the kids to become the next best available.
It's only round 2 and we are already into the kiddies. Should be start working on our best 22's for 2018 or is there still something to be salvaged from the 2017 season!?

That 22 wouldn't have a hope in hell against Sydney but it's probably the right side to pick given the conditions and who we are playing.

Bucks got spooked by the way the Dogs, the best rebounding team in the AFL, ran it out of our forward line, so he drops Cox. I get it, but where's the fault on the actual so called defensive forwards who let the ball out too.

Oh well, it is what it is, no excuses, if we lose tomorrow night it's not because of selection, or coaching, it will come down to effort.

4 quarters of consistent effort like we have against the Dogs and we win this, regardless of conditions of the final 22.
Dogs are far from the best rebounding team in the AFL. That's what was so worrying about them kicking coast to coast goals twice in almost every quarter. I'll never understand why every single defender needs to push so far up the ground - and that's not just Collingwood. Just leave at two (at the very least) backmen in the back 50!

I would much prefer someone that can, kick, run, mark, defend, tackle and kick multiple goals than a high IQ.:)

They aren't mutually exclusive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think dropping cox was a mistake, we dropped a tall defender and only have 2 genuine talls in our side. Think he could have worried us

Or been exploited by a more mobile type.

I sat next to Broomhead on a plane on the way back from Adelaide late last year.
Didn't realise it was him until after we were off the plane... He was super quiet and I got the "I don't want to make small talk" vibe so I never struck up a convo with him.

Anyways, pointless stories aside, I'm glad he's back!
Not pointless at all. It speaks volumes of at least one of you. You because of your inability to recognise the bleeding obvious when it's sat beside you, or him for being a snobbish prat. Or even you for being that given you didn't know who it was and still didn't utter a word. Opportunity knocks but once .... :(:'(

It's only round 2 and we are already into the kiddies. Should be start working on our best 22's for 2018 or is there still something to be salvaged from the 2017 season!?
We got at least 4 or 5 injured that could play or free up others for that position. In a few weeks time that should all be behind us.

Just watched the vid of those last 2 minutes and couldn't help noticing the difference with this year's selection. Williams Brown Cloke Langdon Caff Varcoe Greenwood DeGoey. Anyone else I missed?

Read somewhere there were 10 changes between the 2 sides.

Frost another apparently.

I can't disagree too much with team selection this week. I'd have dropped White over Cox but it's line ball and one had to go so not displeased. Aish and Broomhead redress team balance and add some class. Not totally happy with Blair and Mayne remaining in the same forward line however we're not flush with options so I can deal with that.

Thought White was arguably our best tall against the Doggies so hard to justify.

Happy for you to write it off, I'm still very optimistic. According to many here Daicos and Kirby are ready and the injured guys will likely start to filter back from next week.

Let us know if you need a hug, therapeutic apparently.

This is the beginning of the season and the decline last week went well beyond mediocrity into indescribable depths of indecision and ineptitude.
I did say 'some good football' at the beginning of the season. He clearly plays some bad football too. Now that he's got the bad out of the way, book him in for 20 possessions and two goals against the Tiges.

I'd honestly play Daicos before Blair, he's that much of a liability... & not our future.

Hopefully there'll be no need after this week, with Varcoe returning, followed by Elliott, Wells and De Goey.

Glad to see Broomy back!

No point peaking now, but plenty of areas to tighten up on.

Go Pies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back