Changes for Sydney Swans?

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone talking about dropping SGray doesn’t remember his game against Sydney last year. He was immense and the main contributor to that victory. He definitely deserves another week.

Out: Ryder, Barry (harsh)
In:Frampton (if Ryder is out for 5 weeks or more), RGray

I thought that too.. but didnt Clurey do a pretty good job on him last time? I might be wrong. Clurey and Howard will need to tackle Franklin and Reid.

Got no problem with Clurey, just think Howard matches up better on Franklin. If Franklin gets to close to goal > inside 50, a bit worried about Clurey.

Play Frampton against Sinclair. He has to be played at some point.

Also, did not notice Paddy was not on the ground in the second half.
Do recall seeing Hoff do ok against Sandy a couple of times, but unless you are on tv and privy to the detail of things, it can escape you. Genuinely shocked when I saw the pic in tne Mail today.

Mind you, I was "flabbergasted" when I trolled the internet and saw the "sand paper gate" fiasco in Seth Ufrikaw. What the **** where those numbskulls thinking? What a horrible day foe Aussie cricket. Bad enough we had the Poms and South Africans and their lollygate.

Poor James Sutherland was emotionally wrecked. Would have trusted the players to the n'th degree to never cheat. Hell! :thumbsdown::eek::(

While I still think we should go with makeshift rucks because Frampton might need a little bit more time in the SANFL, I can understand picking him because he's next in line.

Ladhams though should have no chance of getting picked, Needs to lift his game big time IMO. Was poor vs Woodville 2-3 weeks ago and hasn't played any footy since.

Big Billy to make his debut this week. Got feeling he will surprise on the upside. He will never be an outstanding ruck but has great hands in a marking contest and kicks well.

While I still think we should go with makeshift rucks because Frampton might need a little bit more time in the SANFL, I can understand picking him because he's next in line.

Ladhams though should have no chance of getting picked, Needs to lift his game big time IMO. Was poor vs Woodville 2-3 weeks ago and hasn't played any footy since.

I didn't realise Ladhams had missed that much footy, but I did notice he was a `late ' withdrawal from Friday's trial at Alberton.
Any idea why?

This game is going to be ultra hard to win now. Sydney are sharp in contested footy early. Our players need to start getting mentally prepared for the inside game. Good game for Ollie, Pepper and Boak to step up their game.

LOL. We'll burn them with outside run then.

Channel 7 News certainly doing their best tonight to try and throw Dixon under a bus over that first quarter bump.
Not surprised Talia didn't even get a fine for his late attack on Sam Gray the other week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Channel 7 News certainly doing their best tonight to try and throw Dixon under a bus over that first quarter bump.

A decision's made inside 24 hours regardless these days isn't it?

So if he hasn't been cited by now he won't be, etc?

View attachment 474777
Probs just shuffle players

Yep just Ruck Westhoff and get him to nullify Sinclair at the ruck contests then beat him at and around the ground contests. Leave Howard in defense as he is doing well there unless his opponent rucks (Reid). Watts to pinch hit when needed. For this week that is perfect especially for the SCG we don't need an extra tall.

View attachment 474777
Probs just shuffle players

The issue with that, is that it might destabilise our structures.

Yep, better put out best spoiler and intercept defender in ruck against a team who has a guy who just destroyed Sydney off his own boot.

You mean West coast? Hahaha, typo aside, you're spot on. There's no way I want Buddy to roam in a forward line that is 'Dougalless'.

Nor do we want to remove our pressuring beast of a KPF from our forward line, only to ruck against the likes of Sinclair & co.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
The issue with that, is that it might destabilise our structures.

You mean West coast? Hahaha, typo aside, you're spot on. There's no way I want Buddy to roam in a back line the is 'Dougalless'.

Nor do we want to remove our pressuring beast of a KPF from the forward line, only to ruck against the likes of Sinclair & co.

Sorry yes. Typo

Having watched Buddy destroy West Coast tonight - he had 11 disposal and had kicked 7.1 to 3/4 time and then got 10 disposal in the last quarter and only kicked 1.0 - his overhead contested marking is back. Doogie has to play on Buddy, the only defender tall enough and fast enough to go with him. Have to get Doogie to use all his spoiling ability on Buddy. Dont waste him in the ruck.

Frampton gets to debut against an average Sinclair and we let the Hoff do his normal stuff.

Last edited:
Having watched Buddy destroy West Coast tonight - he had 11 disposal and had kicked 7.1 to 3/4 time and the got 10 disposal in the last quarter and only kicked 1.0 - his overhead contested marking is back. Doogie has to play on Buddy, the only defender tall enough and fast enough to go with him. Have to get Doogie to use all his spoiling ability on Buddy. Dont waste him in the ruck.

Frampton gets to debut against an average Sinclair and we let the Hoff do his normal stuff.

7788298.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back