Preview Changes and pre-match discussion for Round 4 vs Sydney @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you have instagram look up PAFCNSW. The Port supporters in Sydney are having a pre-game function 4.30pm at Paddo RSL on Oxford Street. Its a short walk to the SCG from there.

OFFICIAL NSW SUPPORTER GROUP​

NSW Supporter Group
Telephone: 0421 633 872
Email: pafcnsw@gmail.com
Social Media: @pafcnsw

The NSW Supporter Group will be meeting at Club Burwood (97 Burwood Rd, Burwood) for a number of games throughout the 2023 season. Follow @pafcnsw on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for more information.

Great outs except they missed lycett. Finally DBJ flicked, 18 months too late but good to see.

our ins (except McKenzie) are putrid..should absolutely guarantee a 60 point loss.
Totally agree, why not play Evens as a genuine small forward instead of Mcentee I don't see what he offers offensively.

Where are we playing Williams? Half back next to Farrell? Wow.

I hope Laucky Jones get to play on a HBF where he should be in the twos.

I'll be pissed if Darcy is the sub. Sends the wrong message.

Then again, it would be classic Ken to drop Darcy this week, not play him in the SANFL, and then bring him back for Gather Round. Ken will say "he's been training the house down."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ken says dropping Darcy Byrne-Jones will send a clear message to the rest of the playing group. Right Ken, would that be anything like the message sent by not dropping Tom Jonas? Does that mean if the Captain does not produce this week he will be dropped next week?

Have they?

Rozee is a hit, but even any armchair Bigfooty recruiter knew you were picking between Rozee, Ben King and Bailey Smith at that pick so it would have been impossible to screw up. Butters, Duursma and Georgiades started off strongly but have stagnated. Bergman is going okay but I wouldn't say he's exceeding expectations. Dylan Williams looks a bust. Sinn is a mulligan at this stage. Lachie Jones should be playing country footy.
Richard Tambling, Toumpas, Kozinske, Jack Watts, etc etc etc etc all say hi regarding screwing up with an early pick. Butters stagnated after an injury that left him virtually unable to feel one of his legs below the knee and if Georgiades could kick straight for goal we would be more than happy with his development as a 21 yo medium/tall forward. Lachie Jones has had an injury plagued start to his career and is still 20 yo.

You seem to enjoy picking on players under 21 particularly those who have had injury issues.Most of the players you have mentioned cannot really be judged for another year or two given an injury free run.

Sometimes you wonder whether a guy gets dropped because his dog took a piss on the tyre of Hinkley's car.
I don't think so. In that scenario it would be more on brand for Hinkley to arrange to have the dog shot

More likely that it was Darcy's turn to pick up the dog food this week for the greyhound and he forgot.

Hinkley still won't bite the bullet and drop Tom Jonas who is close to the most under performing player in the side.

Jed McEntee is described as a 'pressure forward' in the preview on the Club website. So there you go, that is why he is in the side.

Meanwhile Orazio is out with a quad injury- another year and nothing changes.
What even is a *in pressure forward. How bout a forward that wins the ball and then kicks a goal. I know it's a crazy idea, but it might just work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back