Prediction Changes Melb v WB 16:35 Sat 14 July

Remove this Banner Ad

Bar one MD, bar one

4 away games to finish the year, great, they're all in Melbourne, but still, why? Why should we get a stupid lopsided fixture because of the Queensland sides and their commonwealth games...just spread them out FFS

True but it doesn’t really change much for us. If we were not bottom 4-5 and fighting for finals it may be different but it’s kind of irrelevant where we play now. Just counting the weeks til this year is over

Hopefully Macrae can get up for this one

In: Macrae (hopefully), Campbell (give him 1 last chance)
Out: Naughton (inj), Biggs (liability)

Hopefully Macrae can get up for this one

In: Macrae (hopefully), Campbell (give him 1 last chance)
Out: Naughton (inj), Biggs (liability)
if Campbell is picked I will give $2000 to ......... nahhh

We haven’t played al our homes games

We sold one to Ballarat so 124 country people could see a game of footy because an hour is FAR too far away to come into town and wat h a game
Considering I drive three hours each way to attend the Melbourne games I actually appreciate the opportunity to watch a couple of games in Ballarat and cut the drive time by an hour in each direction.

The following was, I thought, inherently obvious from the Hawks game:
  • Bont is playing on his own accord despite what the club would be telling him. When he went into the middle we went bang bang bang. He's hip must be shagged.
  • We got killed out of the middle..
  • Clarkson out coached Bevo with his rotation of shorts and talls up forward, we were left with some terrible mismatches
  • We have some bloody good young kids though and I'm excited about our future

No change except naugthon who is injured and maybe Bont who is sore/requires surgery maybe and they will be replaced by either young, collins, roughy, english or campbell but possibly greene or porter or maybe honey. Anyone who is playing for their future should be allowed to find form and fattened up for market. And we have pick 5 to preserve.
:oops::p

Some players would be best if people hadnt seen them play since 2016...

Not sure why we persist playing Biggs. So ordinary. Surely there is someone else.

Seeing that our current ruck situation is such a dog's dinner why not drop Boyd and just rove to all of Gawn's 70 hitouts? :eek:

After the bog average McEvoy was decisive in the ruck (according to Clarko), I wonder if we make any changes given we have three rucks playing seconds? Apart from being beaten, our main ruck also had zero marks on the weekend...

Clarkson out coached Bevo with his rotation of shorts and talls up forward, we were left with some terrible mismatches
Clarkson took a half of football to even up the numbers and take Johannisen out of the game, hardly great coaching.

Bevo got numbers back to support and was picked apart around the fifty arc, hardly great coaching.

And the consensus is: Hardly great coaching.

Some players would be best if people hadnt seen them play since 2016...

Not sure why we persist playing Biggs. So ordinary. Surely there is someone else.

After the bog average McEvoy was decisive in the ruck (according to Clarko), I wonder if we make any changes given we have three rucks playing seconds? Apart from being beaten, our main ruck also had zero marks on the weekend...

McEvoy is very important for the Hawks. I’m a fan of his efforts most games ive seen him in. Slow as treacle but works all day and kicks the odd goal.

McEvoy is very important for the Hawks. I’m a fan of his efforts most games ive seen him in. Slow as treacle but works all day and kicks the odd goal.

I don't mind McEvoy, but he probably leads a bottom 4 or 5 ruck division. While he has a crack, he is hardly a world beater but still managed to be decisive. Good endeavour as well, doubling our ruckman's tackle count, while of course marking it more and comfortably winning the hitouts.

Fun fact, our ruck and McEvoy have virtually identical height and weight.

But enough on that subject, barring injury, I assume changes won't be made as Rough and Campbell have been 'Fletchered' and English not fit enough yet.

OUT: Bont, Biggs, Naughton
IN: Greene, Porter, Mullenger-McHugh
Just give all the kids a crack and see how we go. I’d just be careful with Macrae and not rush him back for a nothing game. Make sure he’s ready. Bont give him surgery and Biggs has been horrible for a long time.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone said that Boyd had ice wrapped on 1 of his hammies after the game. Don't recall where I read it. Maybe why Cordy was in the ruck a few times.
Remember seeing Boyd getting some heavy attention on his Hammy's in the second quarter as well. Maybe a bit of a niggle which could help explain why he fell away in the second half.

English should come in if he’s fit.

Trengove should definitely be out and for good. Roberts even with his limitations is twice the defender that Trengove is and yet it seems one is on the never to be picked again list and one is on half a million.

Last edited:
OUT: Bont, Biggs, Naughton
IN: Greene, Porter, Mullenger-McHugh
Just give all the kids a crack and see how we go. I’d just be careful with Macrae and not rush him back for a nothing game. Make sure he’s ready. Bont give him surgery and Biggs has been horrible for a long time.

If going down that route, might as well play Collins too.

English should come in if he’s fit.
Trengove should definitely be out and for good. Roberts even with his limitations is twice the defender that Trengove is and yet one it seems one is on the never to be picked again list and one is on half a million.
I've been biting my tongue on Trengove but I agree with this.
Trengove 's kicking and decision making is just sh1thouse - when we were passing it around the backline trying to open the Hawks up as soon as it got to him he totally f#cks the kick up and he does it all the time.
When we have a player in the backline that you just pray never touches the ball then it's time to drop that player.
Fletcher Roberts has pretty decent disposal and competes better than Trengove.
I fear that we have really burnt ourselves getting him over from Port but we seem to have done alright with the Schache trade so I guess you win some you lose some.

The following was, I thought, inherently obvious from the Hawks game:
  • Bont is playing on his own accord despite what the club would be telling him. When he went into the middle we went bang bang bang. He's hip must be shagged.
  • We got killed out of the middle..
  • Clarkson out coached Bevo with his rotation of shorts and talls up forward, we were left with some terrible mismatches
  • We have some bloody good young kids though and I'm excited about our future

Can you explain your first pointer about Bont? Sorry just not sure what you mean.

Lock Hogan in for 6+ goals if Trengove plays on him.

That’s my only negative.

Looking forward to the boys being back on the G.

Can you explain your first pointer about Bont? Sorry just not sure what you mean.

Me too. Bang bang bang meaning goals when we were on top & hip being shagged was sarcastic? Or we just got killed as he couldn’t do anything?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back