Preview Changes/Preview – Round 20 v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

OUT: Brown, Jordon
IN: Grundy (Smith maybe tho?), Hibberd

Rivers into the midfield.

I feel the temptation may be too strong for Goody, who is not known as one to resist temptation, to bring Grundy back in. Won't be disappointed if it's Joel tho.

Goody presser sounded like Brown out for Grundy very likely IMO.
At least he'll compete in the air I guess. And would rather not have a 20-year-old JVR getting smacked around in the ruck (even though he makes an OK fist of it).

I assume it'll be:
Out: BBB
In: Grundy (Smith stays sub).

I'm not sure about Grundy forward (despite his recent incredibly hard work on his forward craft), but he can offer more of a contest than BBB. Will probably need to be an 80/20 forward/ruck split - Max has been decent the last couple of weeks solo rucking so don't want to throw that out too much.

At least he'll compete in the air I guess. And would rather not have a 20-year-old JVR getting smacked around in the ruck (even though he makes an OK fist of it).

If the requirements are simply don't mark it, try to tackle, be a backup ruck, then Grundy is a far better option currently than Brown.

Im keen for this...if Petty replaces Tomo in the backline its just a complete lack of selection integrity. Tomos last 2 games > better than anything Pettys dished up this year.

Yep, id play Grundy now if we are going to and rest Petty for the next couple of weeks, if Grundy continues to look like he doesnt belong in the F50 hes out for Petty.

I am not a Tomlinson fan ordinarily, I think we all know that, but he has earned his spot. Petty should come in to play forward. Brown was ok at times, and we look better with him in and playing on the #1 forward, but Petty will do that better. JVR also rucks really well, has a big vertical leap and it keeps him around the ball given he's prone to quiet patches.

Smith to stay sub, it is the perfect role for him.

Chandler had a great game, really nice to see him come back looking refreshed after a reset.

Jordon had a solid first half, but was invisible in the second. Woewodin the opposite, and seems cleaner by foot. I'd lean towards keeping Taj if its between the two of them.

Out: Brown, Jordon
In: Petty, Hibberd

Brown getting subbed probably a sign he is on the chopping block. Looking forward to the media circus if Grundy comes in. Besides that not sure if there will be any more changes. Oliver is apparently back round 22? Complete shimozzle.

OUT: Brown

IN: 1 x Petty/J. Smith (change sub if necessary)

Not opposed to the idea of bringing in Hibberd to do a job on Cumberland or whatever his name is again.

Otherwise I feel most players played their role well. Few hiccups here and there across the board.

I know I'm gonna pay for this but... BBB wasn't all that bad. Ran hard both ways, took a key defender, created a contest.

If he is getting dropped for anyone, it should be SOSmith.

I actually really want Grawndy to work too - but there is nothing to suggest Brodie will have more of an impact up forward than BBB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know I'm gonna pay for this but... BBB wasn't all that bad. Ran hard both ways, took a key defender, created a contest.

I actually really want Grawndy to work too - but there is nothing to suggest Brodie will have more of an impact up forward than BBB.

I think people have just set an incredibly low bar for him now.

0 scores, 2 score involvements, 0 marks inside 50, 1 tackle, subbed out.

That's not just a number 1 key forward game for a top 4 team IMO.

I think people have just set an incredibly low bar for him now.

0 scores, 2 score involvements, 0 marks inside 50, 1 tackle, subbed out.

That's not just a number 1 key forward game for a top 4 team IMO.
Looks like an average Mason Cox game to me

But yeah I'd drop him after that and either play Petty forward if fit or Grundy.

We are approaching the time where we need to settle on something coming into finals. Problem with our "connection" has to be partly the chopping and changing of personnel in the front half.

Would be good if one of the campaigners would kick a bag and find some form

If that's not bad, how much less could he possibly do to be bad? Literally have 0 disposals. He was bloody horrible.

I'd back Jake Bowey to make a better contest and bring the ball to ground if it all went through him than Brown does.

Wonder if Goody is tempted to keep Tomo back and play Petty forward for Brown.
Keep Petty out. He has looked s**t all tear

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Smith showed more as a forward in the first couple of minutes he was on than Brown has all year.

Smith, JVR and Melk is an ok setup, especially until Fritta returns. I much prefer that mix because it offers aerial and ground level ability and defensive pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think Brown played his last game, just couldn't get his hands on the pill and his direct opponent had a field day as 3rd man up

Grundy will come in

Keep Petty out. He has looked s**t all tear

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

As a backman, I agree, as a forward, hes had his moments. I dont think its even a debate at this point, Tomo should be playing ahead of him in defence.

Smith showed more as a forward in the first couple of minutes he was on than Brown has all year.

Smith, JVR and Melk is an ok setup, especially until Fritta returns. I much prefer that mix because it offers aerial and ground level ability and defensive pressure.

I didnt think Brown was horrendous yesterday, he wasn't good however. Its a shame hes a one trick pony who relies solely on quality delivery cause he uses the ball better than anyone in our forward half when he actually gets the ball, the issue is he doesnt have enough ways in which he can get the ball enough to be impactful and our midfield is never going to provide lace out delivery.

Smith kicked 1.1 but the behind was from the umpire calling touched. Had the umpire called a goal it would have been a goal because the video evidence was inconclusive. Didn't matter in the end because we ended up with a goal not long after.

Smith kicked 1.1 but the behind was from the umpire calling touched. Had the umpire called a goal it would have been a goal because the video evidence was inconclusive. Didn't matter in the end because we ended up with a goal not long after.
The touch call was unlucky, also made the kick that created Woey's goal.

Don't worry friends, it's my turn to be #ATG this week, and I'll be personally leaning over the fence to encourage, motivate and inspire the big Vegan!!!
BIG BAGS OF SNAGS COMING UP FOR BENNY!!!!!

Keen to get another look at Schache too, if only for a bit of a laugh.
Richmond are trash anyway, may as well play some kids to see what they've got.

Don't worry friends, it's my turn to be #ATG this week, and I'll be personally leaning over the fence to encourage, motivate and inspire the big Vegan!!!
BIG BAGS OF SNAGS COMING UP FOR BENNY!!!!!

Keen to get another look at Schache too, if only for a bit of a laugh.
Richmond are trash anyway, may as well play some kids to see what they've got.

Might need to head down to Casey if you want to see Benny this week mate with the way Goody was talking in the presser post match...

We are Richmond's grand final. It's cute but also pretty pathetic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back