Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Showdown 55

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have lost the last 2 showdowns, we have 3 of our most important players out, its a crows home showdown and they will want to win for sloane, plus win/loss record doesnt mean anything in a showdown.

Is this a quote from Hinkley’s press conference?

If we win the midfield and get 3 or 4 matchups correct we’ll be in with a good chance.

Note to coaches- for the love of god please tag Dawson.

Keep Rankine, Walker and Rachele under control.

Its a sad site on this thread when the Crom have half of you guys shaking in your boots.
Lets put this in context....

We're 6-5 in showdowns over the past 6 years, despite finishing above them every year, including 3 finals appearances to none, 3x top 4 finishes to none. Plus they've won a spoon for God's sake, the most embarrassing indignity in football.

Ports 86-49 record in that time vs a nearly completely opposite 53-82 record for the Crows in the same period.

It's totally reasonable that our fan base, facing an away showdown, for which we are 3-6 in since the move to Adelaide Oval, are expecting that our mentally fragile playing group will struggle.

There's still time to delete this.
LOL ... Hey I dont disagree that the Crow is a flog. Just pointing out that our goal celebrations are just as divisive to oppo supporters. As mentioned, at least Butters is universally admired for his skills.

There are numerous other players that tend to get under people's skin ... Cody Weightman for one, bugs the hell out of me.

Lets put this in context....

We're 6-5 in showdowns over the past 6 years, despite finishing above them every year, including 3 finals appearances to none, 3x top 4 finishes to none. Plus they've won a spoon for God's sake.

Ports 86-49 record in that time vs a nearly completely opposite 53-82 record for the Crows in the same period.

So what your saying is we haven't been using our advantage as being the better team than them over those years.

I would expect this to be the usual close game, they will pack the place out and throw apricot slice to Rory as he is paraded around in a motor car and then wildly boo JHF.

A win would be great, can't see us winning the week after if we re realistic.

If we win the midfield and get 3 or 4 matchups correct we’ll be in with a good chance.

Note to coaches- for the love of god please tag Dawson.

Keep Rankine, Walker and Rachele under control.
I think I’ll flip if I see Dawson meander into a stoppage from half forward/back and no one go near him….

He did it consistently in our match ups last year, Neal-Bullen did it earlier this year, it’s infuriating

Can’t wait for our acting captain to hold aloft the coveted toilet seat.

View attachment 1974775
If that was a real toilet seat if would have done some severe damage to more than its fair share of jatz crackers. :'(

As for the two coaches, Nicks still looks like a fit strongly built ex footballer, and kern looks like some dero the club found in the car park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what your saying is we haven't been using our advantage as being the better team than them over those years.

I would expect this to be the usual close game, they will pack the place out and throw apricot slice to Rory as he is paraded around in a motor car and then wildly boo JHF.

A win would be great, can't see us winning the week after if we re realistic.
I honestly think that with a different coach over the last decade we had the potential to be the #1 team in town membership wise and perhaps even corporate support wise.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The last showdown we didn’t have Dixon, georgiades or Rioli and Finlayson kicked 1.4 and Marshall end of season decline had begun. We somehow had 65 inside 50’s and could only manage 9 goals and 4 of them came from Frankie Evans. We had illness and were banged up from the brutal Collingwood clash.

And tbh we didn’t have allir either, he went back on but he wasn’t right and Tex had a field day on him.

So I’d say we are in a better position to win this showdown despite a few out and crows aren’t as good as what they were last year.

Our forward line is much more potent so if we get 65 inside 50’s again we’ll be fine. We were basically missing our 3 most dangerous forwards, and Marshall and finlayson were physically and mentally cooked.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
love the optimism and agree we should win, we are far better

but how many times have we seen 55+ or 60+ inside 50s amount to * all.. too many times i would suggest

I honestly think that with a different coach over the last decade we had the potential to be the #1 team in town membership wise and perhaps even corporate support wise.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
You never honestly know what a new coach could bring. It could've been failure for all we know. However had we been sparked by some change off field, and had it created some on field momentum, we undoubtedly would have to have been in a different situation.

Last edited:
love the optimism and agree we should win, we are far better

but how many times have we seen 55+ or 60+ inside 50s amount to * all.. too many times i would suggest
I'm not optimistic. It's probably a 55/45 game just in our favour. We should win easy but we wont. I'm just stating the facts in previous posts. A lot of doom and gloom on here.

Insane misread of the general sentiment
That's the thing lol. "Shaking in the boots" is really not the descriptor here. More that our record against them regardless of form lines is 50/50 at best and suggesting it won't be easy is not exactly far fetched. Thing is, people are less concerned with the result than ever before.

Quaking in me boots about the thought of the mighty 2024 PAFC losing a foodyball game moite!

LOL ... Hey I dont disagree that the Crow is a flog. Just pointing out that our goal celebrations are just as divisive to oppo supporters. As mentioned, at least Butters is universally admired for his skills.

There are numerous other players that tend to get under people's skin ... Cody Weightman for one, bugs the hell out of me.
our previous home showdown, him, thilthorpe and rankine gave it to the crowd in the last quarter when they over ran us, i reckon even murphy was involved.. seriously fancy having to cop that from thilthorpe the big soft flog

so i hope when we are winning we absolutely shove it down their supporters throats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back