Preview Changes: R15 2021 vs Carlton (27/6 @ 4pm @ Marvel)

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

OK after the Saints mauled Richmond, we throw the Carlton game and the Pies get up over Freo at the 'G, we're back in the bottom 4!

If we can't even get tanking right, and North beat the Suns, we'll be 2 games clear of the bottom 4.

We could be anywhere from 10th to 16th at the end of the round; although to get to 10th would take a big win by us and by Mel over Essendon.

OK after the Saints mauled Richmond, we throw the Carlton game and the Pies get up over Freo at the 'G, we're back in the bottom 4!

If we can't even get tanking right, and North beat the Suns, we'll be 2 games clear of the bottom 4.

We could be anywhere from 10th to 16th at the end of the round; although to get to 10th would take a big win by us and by Mel over Essendon.
Freo should thump the pies. Freo have their best side in all year and Collingwood have their worst side in possible. I hope we beat Carlton by 10 goals and end Teague's career. The crows should never ever consider tanking. If the crows are smart they will trade their pick to gold coast along with a player for GC's pick 3. GC have been open they want experience and not more young kids. I'm sure GC would be interested in a player such as Himmelberg, Smith, Lynch, Crouch, Talia, Kelly, Keays, Seedsman, Milera. Does the club have it in them to give something up to get something back.

Pick 6 - 8 and Crouch for pick 3 is likely something GC would be interested in. If we don't give good value to GC for pick 3 I know our neighbours down the road will have the cahoonas to do what it takes to grab it. I could see them giving up a player such as Hartlett, Powell-Pepper, Marshall, Clurey, Farrell, Drew, Hayes, Bonner, Byrne-Jones, Ladhams for pick 3.

Last edited:
Freo should thump the pies. Freo have their best side in all year and Collingwood have their worst side in possible. I hope we beat Carlton by 10 goals and end Teague's career. The crows should never ever consider tanking. If the crows are smart they will trade their pick to gold coast along with a player for GC's pick 3. GC have been open they want experience and not more young kids. I'm sure GC would be interested in a player such as Himmelberg, Smith, Lynch, Crouch, Talia, Kelly, Keays, Seedsman, Milera. Does the club have it in them to give something up to get something back.

Pick 6 - 8 and Crouch for pick 3 is likely something GC would be interested in. If we don't give good value to GC for pick 3 I know our neighbours down the road will have the cahoonas to do what it takes to grab it. I could see them giving up a player such as Hartlett, Powell-Pepper, Marshall, Clurey, Farrell, Drew, Hayes, Bonner, Byrne-Jones, Ladhams for pick 3.
That’s bold. I haven’t seen bold from the crows since Vince was traded.

Not sure how many times it has to be said that crouch is a FA and thus theres no need whatsoever for anyone to trade for him before people stop using his name in trade scenarios..

and if we finish up with say a pick around 4-8, which looks likely, there’s no real point in moving up to pick 3.. pick 3 still wont get us Horne.. and appart from Diacos, whos gonna be a Pie regardless so is not worth discussing, the players slated to go at picks 2-8 look pretty evenly matched. Anyone of them would be equally good to have so why give something decent up just to move up a couple of spots?..

and the suns aint giving up pick 3 for any of those Power players you listed.. The Suns have said they are “willing to put pick 3 up” but you can be guaranteed it will only be for an absolute gun.. not some crap role player or old clapped out has been.. or a player whos a free agent that they can get without even trading for.

Seeing Saints smack Richmond is what I am scared will happen for the Blues. Media smackdowns have a galvanizing effect.

I dont care if we lose, but getting smacked is NOT productive.
Weren’t the saints being smacked before we played them?
Not sure Carlton have enough intestinal fortitude to step up some gears.

Weren’t the saints being smacked before we played them?
Not sure Carlton have enough intestinal fortitude to step up some gears.

Well they were in the same way that the Blues have been gettibg smacked on and off for years.

But it seemed that the Saints' capitulation to us turned it up even more as did the Blues losing to Giants.

Anyway, it's a motivating factor for them. One of those intangibles like getting a new coach (worked short term magic for every club except us as per usual).

They wouldn't give pick 3 for all of those players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully we don't hold two players back again

Would be a long break for whoever is the unlucky one
There will be 24 over there. One as sub and one emergency.

Suspect Hately as sub and Berg as emergency.
Murray and McPherson to SANFL today
SANFL side to be something like

F: Newchurch, Gollant, Baccanello

HF: Murphy, Frampton, B. Cook

C: Marini, Pedlar, Davis

HB: Murray, Borlase, Worrell

B: MCPherson, McAsey, B. Davis

R: Strachan, O’Connor, Boyle

INT: Hall, Clamp,Parnell, Latchford

Not sure how many times it has to be said that crouch is a FA and thus theres no need whatsoever for anyone to trade for him before people stop using his name in trade scenarios..

and if we finish up with say a pick around 4-8, which looks likely, there’s no real point in moving up to pick 3.. pick 3 still wont get us Horne.. and appart from Diacos, whos gonna be a Pie regardless so is not worth discussing, the players slated to go at picks 2-8 look pretty evenly matched. Anyone of them would be equally good to have so why give something decent up just to move up a couple of spots?..

and the suns aint giving up pick 3 for any of those Power players you listed.. The Suns have said they are “willing to put pick 3 up” but you can be guaranteed it will only be for an absolute gun.. not some crap role player or old clapped out has been.. or a player whos a free agent that they can get without even trading for.
Disagree that GC will only give up pick 3 for an absolute gun. An absolute gun will never go there. Beggars can't be choosers so it would be an absolute fail if GC get in another top 3 pick which will leave in 2 years or they have to massively overpay to keep them. If they are smart they would look for a decent experienced player or combination of players in exchange for their pick and then trade out our pick for another decent experienced player to a club such as powaa that has depth. I disagree on not moving up to pick 3 from pick 6-8. If there is a player available that is a must have such as Rozee or King we should do everything in our power to make it happen. Too often we have sat back and let other clubs eat our lunch. Horne is not coming to us so it's not worth discussing him but I'm sure there are 2 or 3 players that will be just as good in the long term. Those players are generally in the top 3. If we sit back with pick 8 and take another McAsey or Jones we would be better off trading out the pick for a player.

Last edited:

If teague has lost the carlton players and with the outs they have, it has the potential for us to win and win hansomly if we bring the intent across the ground

Smith is still quality. He’s worth 3 and giving our first. It’s overpaying really.

Smith is still quality. He’s worth 3 and giving our first. It’s overpaying really.
Brodie Smith?..

youd give him up plus our first rounder, which will probably be pick 5 or 6, to move up a couple of spots?..

why?.. just to get a player thats only gonna be as good as the player you’d get a 5 or 6?.. it gets us no closer to Horne.

So what a waste.

not a lot of difference between the players available in that 2-8 range.. all of them look equally good. Grab one of em and keep smith would be the smarter option.

I've decided I don't want to be all "Carlton" about the rest of our season ... aiming for pick #1 is not a successful strategy :)

Happy to win as many as we can - get these youngster's belief up and running.

Sure Horne is a fantastic prospect, but let that work itself out.

Go the Crows - hit 'em hard and fast and see if we can't end another coaches career.

We've really struggled against other strugglers

Played much better against good teams

Coping with the poor standard of the competition is our biggest weakness.

Carlton are exceptionally hopeless so we're no chance

I've decided I don't want to be all "Carlton" about the rest of our season ... aiming for pick #1 is not a successful strategy :)

Happy to win as many as we can - get these youngster's belief up and running.

Sure Horne is a fantastic prospect, but let that work itself out.

Go the Crows - hit 'em hard and fast and see if we can't end another coaches career.

This. Aiming for pick 1 isn't a strategy that you can actually point to that wins flags. One player isn't as prolific as it is in NBA where tanking IS a good strategy (hence why they have a draft lottery).

Anyone who advocates losing games is just a computer simulation fan who relies on statistical probabilities.

Getting Thilthorpe is what makes a s**t season less awful - it isn't something to aspire toward.

Breaking the mentality or stifling development of 20 young blokes in pursuit of a hypothetical superstar is stupid.

Back