Preview Changes - Rd 16 V Brisbane Lions, Aurora Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazed to see people sticking the boots into Peterson. In my opinion he added some mercurial brilliance to our forward line and contributed to numerous forward fifty entries and rebounds, particularly in the third. It's not his fault that others couldn't capitalise on his work. Far more productive than Muston has been so far.

I bet if you asked the average Geelong supporter they would be happy to see him dropped for the next contest.

I was thinking if we didnt have Buddy or Cyril how excited we would be about Petersons potential. And the has a lot of strings to his bow

Just a little more tank and hes up there with the best. need to use him more

I was thinking if we didnt have Buddy or Cyril how excited we would be about Petersons potential. And the has a lot of strings to his bow

Just a little more tank and hes up there with the best. need to use him more

TOTALLY agree!

The football world look upon Liam Jurrah in the Melbourne side as a rising star.. personally, I don't really see it, however Carl Peterson is every bit as exciting, albeit, overlooked because he vies alongside Buddy/Roughy/Cyril for accolades.

In: Mitch
Out: Schoey

Pretty simple ins and outs i'd say. we are going pretty good. Hawks are BACK!!!

Guerra Gilham Brown
Birchall Stratton Gibson
Burgoyne Sewell Bateman
Lewis Buddy Cyril
Peterson Roughead Osborne

Renouf Hodge Mitchell

Int: Ellis Skipper Young Murphy

Looks like our best team for the year for sure! loving the look of that team. COME ON HAWKS!

TOTALLY agree!

The football world look upon Liam Jurrah in the Melbourne side as a rising star.. personally, I don't really see it, however Carl Peterson is every bit as exciting, albeit, overlooked because he vies alongside Buddy/Roughy/Cyril for accolades.

I too agree with this Mojo - BUT I ask you if Hooper is to come into the 22 who should go from our best 22????

Pretty simple ins and outs i'd say. we are going pretty good. Hawks are BACK!!!

Guerra Gilham Brown
Birchall Stratton Gibson
Burgoyne Sewell Bateman
Lewis Buddy Cyril
Peterson Roughead Osborne

Renouf Hodge Mitchell

Int: Ellis Skipper Young Murphy

Looks like our best team for the year for sure! loving the look of that team. COME ON HAWKS!

Its all about team confidance, focus and desire to win, the past 8 weeks we have had all that with out having our best 22 on the field, hope nothing changes after our soul destroying loss to the Cats..
But i can sense there is danger coming and these Hawks are very angry and i am loving it...

There were a few times v the handbags I thought we looked slow and lacked run. I would dump Birch but he does add run. Gibbo, Gilly, Stratts and Shoe are probably one tall/mid too many. I would send Brownie down back to add some zip.

Laddo is probably not fit so will not add much. Shiels has the run but looked proppy. Depending on match ups Musto will go close to getting a recall.

I thought Petersen started poorly but had a really good third quarter. He is gonna help us win a flag so he stays.

Schoey out. Hooper in.

Friar... i would LOVE HOOPER BACK

but he is at least 2 weeks from being fit... he would be a must in...

Peterson out... hooper in!

We've been up for the better part of two months so it was inevitable we eventually lost. (Although we had many opportunities to bury the Cats and quite simply poor kicking cost us the game.) Critical to rebound against Brisbane and keep the good form going through till the end of the season.

In: Mitchell
Out: Peterson

A lot of people are saying we should drop Peterson but he and Browny laid 10 tackles between them and that probably ticks the box as far as getting the job done on the day (in the eyes of the coaching staff).

Once again, we'll have to drop someone who is performing well.

If Brown/Fev both play it'll be interesting to see how our top heavy (haha) backline performs. I

I was actually hoping Shoenmakers would be dropped for last weeks game as I too thought he was going to be a step or two too slow for the Cats but in no way do I think it'll do Shoenmakers any good being dropped for the remainder of the season. He'll be much better for it. We're starting to see the benefits of persevering with Murphy and I think Shoenmakers will follow the same sort of development path. But, the Cats game was a big game for us and I think a Laddo would've been a more ideal choice down back purely based on the speed of the game.

But please Hawks posters, lets not go back down that path of beating one person up after we lose a game. There were many factors behind the loss and at the end of the day we generally lost the game off our own boot. Was still a good game and I am very much encouraged by that effort and think we're positioned very well to win at least 5 of our last 7 games and make a decent splash in week one of the finals.

We've been up for the better part of two months so it was inevitable we eventually lost. (Although we had many opportunities to bury the Cats and quite simply poor kicking cost us the game.) Critical to rebound against Brisbane and keep the good form going through till the end of the season.

In: Mitchell
Out: Peterson

Bleh.. I dislike the assumption that Hawthorn have been 'up' for several weeks -as if it was as simple as turning on a light switch. Opinions like, 'Hawks are due for a loss', 'Hawks can't keep this intensity up'.. are uninformed! :mad:

Our progress since the Richmond battle has been a steady incline in improvement each week; developing team cohesion, game practice, ect. In my mind's eye, we are still yet to hit our potential and have much room yet for further improvement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I too agree with this Mojo - BUT I ask you if Hooper is to come into the 22 who should go from our best 22????

It may just come down to the best fit on the day, KS - depending on the team, I mean.

Though, I would have Hooper just ahead of Peterson, simply because of the forward pressure he offers. :)

Out; shoe
in; muston

and for gods sake move brown to the backline. Every game he's played in the forward line, we've lost except Melbourne. Loooord. Play him down back.

I can think of about 2 or 3 goals that Browny single handedly created vs the Cats but on the flip side I can think of 4 or 5 goals that he would have single handedly prevented if he was playing down back.

For every goal that Browny creates we lose 2 goals in the back end..Moral of the story - He is better value as a defender!

I can think of about 2 or 3 goals that Browny single handedly created vs the Cats but on the flip side I can think of 4 or 5 goals that he would have single handedly prevented if he was playing down back.

For every goal that Browny creates we lose 2 goals in the back end..Moral of the story - He is better value as a defender!

Why didnt we play Brown on Stokes, probably could of contained him in the 2nd half...

There were a few times v the handbags I thought we looked slow and lacked run. I would dump Birch but he does add run. Gibbo, Gilly, Stratts and Shoe are probably one tall/mid too many. I would send Brownie down back to add some zip.

Laddo is probably not fit so will not add much. Shiels has the run but looked proppy. Depending on match ups Musto will go close to getting a recall.

I thought Petersen started poorly but had a really good third quarter. He is gonna help us win a flag so he stays.

Schoey out. Hooper in.
No way I would even think about dropping birch, he has been crucial, 1 of our best players imo

In: Sammy
Out: Schoenmakers

Not because I want to pillory Schoey but I can't see anyone else to leave out. I thought Schoenmakers was better than Gibson last week (who was doing a fine impression of The Invisible Man) but we need to get more game time into Gibson. I doubt Jonathon Brown will play. If he does Voss is even more desperate than I thought and hasn't learnt any lessons.

It looks like BROWN and MACQUIRE are back this week guys...

will certainly make things a lot harder for us...

i just want the 4 points! mayb we should reconsider Shoey going out now. Having another option always helps!

I would like to see:

FB: Brown - Gilham - Guerra
HB: Murphy - Gibson - Stratton
Ce: Young - Hodge - Lewis
HF: Burgoyne - Franklin - Bateman
FF: Rioli - Roughead - Osborne

Ru: Renouf
RR: Sewell
Ro: Mitchell

I/C: Skipper, Birchall, Ellis, Peterson

Key points:
1) Murphy starts on the ground for mine, the bench is for those with a bit more versatility - Birch can always rotate through half back or the wing
2) I prefer Lewis on the wing getting touches and have more speed on the forward flanks, to create opportunities and keep the ball locked in
3) Peterson comes on to the forward line when Rioli rotates onto the ball or to give guys like Changa and Burgers a spell
4) Gibbo gets Brown and Stevie G gets Fev

Will be very interesting to see what happens when Laddo and Hoops are back and fit.

It looks like BROWN and MACQUIRE are back this week guys...

will certainly make things a lot harder for us...

i just want the 4 points! mayb we should reconsider Shoey going out now. Having another option always helps!

If we cant beat the Lions then theres no point in us even playing finals, seriously they have one of the slowest midfield's and is a team of recycled players and theres no team unity because they never went through all tough times as Lions players.
We should remember what they did to us last season at Tassie and use it as motivation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back