Preview Changes: Round 2 v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

JJ could kick 8 and people would find a way to bag the guy

He can't win. He's a very good footballer, albeit he's slightly unconventional. But whatever he does works for him

I think it's because so much of what he does looks accidental.

Here's what I'd do:

Out: Kelly, McGovern (concussion)
In: Lever, Walker

If McGovern is fit

Out: Kelly, Hampton
In: Lever, Walker

Sorry Hampton. Really, really stiff omission, but I'd rather keep Knight in the side after what I saw against GWS

Yeah, Knight has to stay after that game. Let's hope he remains fit and gives us a full season. All class thatun.

Prefer
Talia / Harto - swapping on Rough/ Vickery
Lever / shoey
Kelly / Gunston

Gunston will take Lever up ground and drag him out of intercept mark territory

If shoey does same thing on him Lever can let him go as he shouldn't hurt as much as Gunston

I dont like Harto on Vickery, he is a pain in the arse Vickery, you need to play smart on Vickery or he actually will cause you problems, Otten is a smart player and will keep him out of the game with positioning but if you are smart enough with Vickery you can peel off create run and assist others in defending.

Vickery isnt a great player but he can get under your skin.

Lever definetly on Gunston, now he uses his smarts, he isnt super quick he finds space and kicks beautifully. Lever will shut him down, Gunston will destroy Kelly and could actually win them the match with a wrong match up.

Roughead is pure class, talia the only one in the team that should stand him

Harto takes Shoenmakers no massive threat

I think it's because so much of what he does looks accidental.

It's because of how Leigh Matthews described Jeremy Cameron's 4 goals on the weekend

They weren't good goals. he was on the end of a run of play, could have been passed to or kicked by anyone. He didn't create just got on the end of them

Now sometimes JJ kicks a few and has no involvement in the game at all. Hangs off and cheats a couple that have nothing to do with him

Other times I've seen him have a real impact and he barely touches the scoreboard. Guys like him shouldn't be judged by goals alone

Damn frustrating that Doedee is injured because now is the perfect time for him to be playing with Cheney out.

Kelly's a battler but we need Doedee/Fetta in as soon as they're ready - hopefully adjusting to the pace of AFL again (after 18 months without it) means Kelly can tidy up his kicking and his handball decision making a little.

Kelly needs to stay, unless we decide to bring in Wigg. With Cheney and Doedee injured and with us not bothering to address this area of need in the draft, Kelly should stay in against the dangerous Hawks small forward brigade.
We have 4 mature 3rd tall defenders in the team and you reckon we should draft more?

Damn frustrating that Doedee is injured because now is the perfect time for him to be playing with Cheney out.

Kelly's a battler but we need Doedee/Fetta in as soon as they're ready - hopefully adjusting to the pace of AFL again (after 18 months without it) means Kelly can tidy up his kicking and his handball decision making a little.

I think you have forgotten how the club are changing Doedee's kicking style because it doesnt work, thinking that the club hasnt changed kellys meaning they have their opinion on their players disposal

It's because of how Leigh Matthews described Jeremy Cameron's 4 goals on the weekend

They weren't good goals. he was on the end of a run of play, could have been passed to or kicked by anyone. He didn't create just got on the end of them

Now sometimes JJ kicks a few and has no involvement in the game at all. Hangs off and cheats a couple that have nothing to do with him

Other times I've seen him have a real impact and he barely touches the scoreboard. Guys like him shouldn't be judged by goals alone

Leigh also did say the crows need both Thommo and walker into the line up this week

I think Kelly will stay in until Cheney is ready , Cheney fully fit proved last year that he's first choice

Until then Kelly offers a bit of intercepting ( not as much as Cheney ) but he shuts down pretty well on smalls and mediums

He doesn't look classy but he's pretty effective

Lever for Otten is obvious and it's just a matter of time so why not now if Lever is fit
Agree with this. The only real unknown is the last 4 words. Very mixed reviews of his performance in the SANFL - wouldn't be at all surprised to see him given another run in the magoos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else watch the Kelly, Stevie J stand off all afternoon? Was hilarious. Kelly absolutely got into Johnsons head. There was a point when the ball wasn't down back for a good 2 mins and Kelly was just ripping into him and pinching at his belly. Johnson took it out on Smith a bit later on in the game and came worse off.
Lol. Sounds like he's taking after the old man.

In Tex.
Out..(unlucky) Knights. Was an emergency so last in first out rule.
Knight stays in I reckon. He is a big gamer + we could use his additional run and stamina. He stays and Menzel makes way unless of course McGovern is out. Harsh on Menzel perhaps but but I think Knight provides as much as Menzel does at the moment + run.

Im actually thinking of going down the club to teach him how to kick, I could give him some advice on building a bit of a bigger frame aswell
I phoned ahead. They're expecting you at 10.

JJ could kick 8 and people would find a way to bag the guy

He can't win. He's a very good footballer, albeit he's slightly unconventional. But whatever he does works for him

It's almost like people think he is cheating for playing to his strengths just because his strengths are not the usual strengths of a key forward. It's like they'd prefer he doesn't kick goals and plays like Charlie Dixon and just crash packs, because that's what forwards usually do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back