Preview Changes: Round 2 v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

JJ loses every ruck contest anyway.... just get Charlie to do it, doubt they'd be much difference.
You have been listening to too much of Sanders rather than actually watching him play.

We don't have anyone else suitable as a 2nd ruckman.

After Cramey I would think we have.

I was disappointed to see her play the GF. But the medicos have a better assessment of her than I do.

I expect she was quite happy to play.

You have been listening to too much of Sanders rather than actually watching him play.

We don't have anyone else suitable as a 2nd ruckman.

He does lose a lot more than he wins. Breakeven or nulify is good for JJ.
Gov could win more taps off of one step I reckon.

Unfortunately , as much as I think Knight needs a series of games , the old adage, who did he come in for? ie he was only selected because Walker did not come up. If Walker plays then you replace him with the player who replaced him.
How do you know Knight wasn't originally in our 22, but we were foxing with him?

Also, your adage doesn't stand up any way... ;)

We have enough talent in our team to destroy hawthorn. The game will be won mentally.
Agree, it's ours to win or lose based on whether we can psychologically get over beating Hawks, as we are the better team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. We should have beaten them last year.

33a7c641d0.jpg

Unfortunately , as much as I think Knight needs a series of games , the old adage, who did he come in for? ie he was only selected because Walker did not come up. If Walker plays then you replace him with the player who replaced him.

Surely not if he played better than someone else. That's what we were calling for in the JLT series someone to put their hand up.

Oh hell. The memories come flooding back. Was that the start of the #freekickHawthorn?

Yep, though they had just had two umpire-assisted wins against WB and St Kilda the previous two weeks. After our game, the AFL world went nuclear.

JJ loses every ruck contest anyway.... just get Charlie to do it, doubt they'd be much difference.

There's a difference between losing and not winning in the ruck contest. JJ doesn't win a lot of contests, but he also doesn't lose very many and that's all we need from him in the ruck, to nullify the contest. His ruck work improved a lot last season.

And stands up on big moments

Kicks a goal and doesn't spray it just when needed - see dogs final . Did it again on weekend

And that ground coverage and pressure he provides is modern AFL football

Right on. As far as I'm concerned, he had done zero since the 2015 finals and I wouldn't have picked him last week, but I was wrong. He played well. What I like about him is that he seems to get to the right places at the right time to be damaging, and that he knows how to kick a set-shot goal, unlike, say, Charlie.

I think JJ is our most expendable forward.

If I had a choice to lose JJ, McGovern, Tex, Cameron or Betts from our forward line it would be JJ without a second thought.
You weren't sitting behind me on Sunday were you? This bloke went on and on about how crap JJ was and couldn't play for shite. JJ is a very important part of what makes us such a hard forward line to match up on. Big tall quick forwards who can pinch hit in the ruck don't grow on trees. JJ is getting better every season and Cameron is already gone from being a permanent forward and you forgot Lynch. Each of our main 4 forwards in Walker, JJ, Betts and Gov bring something different and dangerous. This is the forward line that will win us a flag.

Do you think Gunston would bother chasing Smith when he took off?

I guess a match up like is high risk but could work both ways.

I think it would force Gunston to be more accountable and allow us to play through Smith more if were smart.

But yes, high risk.

It would be a roll of the dice. I would not be a fan of taking it because of Gunston's ability to hurt the Crows on the scoreboard if it goes badly.

I think it's got to be Kelly and Otten for Lever and Tex - but not sure who pushes back. Hawthorn's smalls have bothered us in the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back