Unofficial Preview Changes v Bombers, Metricon Friday night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Instagram, Gardiner posted a photo of Hugh holding up his hand in a brace around the wrist.

Is it injury photo day or something? Hope it's just a precaution.
Hopefully precaution... He did train today, so hopefully not a training injury seeing as the can't do contact.

1595914057715.png 1595914073141.png

Will be interesting to see if we minimize the amount of debutants/inexperienced/young players.

With McStay, Rich, Lester and Archie we're losing a lot of experience.

Might bring in Bundy to play Bailey's role and switch him back for Lester.

Witherden for Rich

Skinner for McStay

Ballenden for Archie

CEY for TBerry
Doubt there will be 5 changes, I reckon T Berry will get another crack this week.

Very much a next soldier in for me.

As for the second ruck, could Andrews perform a relief ruck role?

Or Skinner rucks in the forward 50, Andrews rucks in the defensive 50, and Oscar between the arcs.

Last weeks named team; Bold = Out.. My guess as replacements are to the side

Need to watch experience lost.
From last week 362 games lost
From 2 weeks ago 549 games lost

Skinner is 23 years old even though he has only played 1 game so that may help him this week
Players that could help Oscar out: CEY very minor ruck duties in Adelaide, Hipwood, anyone really if they don't select Ballenden

LIONS

B: R.Lester, H.Andrews, D.Gardiner.................(Answorth 20 games or Witherden 54 games)

HB: D.Rich, G.Birchall, B.Starcevich..................(Bailey)

C: M.Robinson, D.Zorko, H.McCluggage

HF: J.Berry, E.Hipwood, C.Rayner

F: Z.Bailey, D.McStay, C.Cameron....................(CEY 42 games)......(Christensen 133 games for Bailey)

FOLL: O.McInerney, J.Lyons, L.Neale

I/C: C.Ah Chee, L.McCarty, T.Berry, A.Smith.......(Ballenden o games or Skinner 1 game)

EMG: K.Coleman, A.Witherden, R.Mathieson, C.Ballenden
Others mentioned in comments above
Mathieson 46 games, Cox 13, Hinge 2, Skinner 1, Payne zero, Coleman zero, Prior zero,

Or Skinner rucks in the forward 50, Andrews rucks in the defensive 50, and Oscar between the arcs.
We like having our number 1 ruck do forward 50 stoppages as its a major avenue to goal for us, I think one of the main reasons we play 2 rucks is we rely heavily on our stoppage work.

Agree, although he's a Category B rookie so would need to be promoted to the senior list to play, same as Tom Fullarton.
Connor McFadyen is done for the season, so any Category B rookie can be promoted at moments notice, so you'd have to say that Eagles / Fullarton are always in the mix.

I don't agree.

Surely we need more from a player that can only muster 2 possessions in a game footy and despite being a small forward, still hasn't hit the scoreboard.

Irrespective of hitting the scoreboard, his tackle count is 4 in the past 3 games and for the life of me, I can't work out what he is adding at this point of time that Christensen or even Coleman (purely based off last years' reserves and pre-season form) wouldn't offer. Please don't tell me that Christensen, Coleman or even Cox would give us less output than what Berry is providing.

Oh I agree with your sentiment on Christensen or cox..... I just can't see the coaches making 5 changes..... I don't think in my post I said T Berry deserves his spot this week. If demons got a goal in the dying minutes and won ..... guess who my whipping boy was going to be?

I can see it playing out after the bombers game something like this

Back in
Rich if fit
Lester if fit
And resting Berry for one of the 2 you mentioned and maybe they do enough to keep their spot
I actually think T Berry should be omitted. We've given him chances and he's been good and at times hasn't and now we should give him a rest and during a time of a heap of games in a short time bring in some experience. We brought cox in the last round last year against the tigers .... so watch this space i suppose.

Never thought of this, great idea. This practically how the Brisbane reserves do things

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On two occasions last year we had 4 changes in a game. Both wins too (rd.6 v Suns (won by 49) and rd.11 v Hawks (won by 19).

Couldn't find any game in 2018 - 2020 where we had more than 4 changes (only once in 2018 did we have 4 changes (lost to the Suns by 5 points).

Awesome reply - thanks. I’m clearly lazy

Bombers with their own concerns - Langford missing and I read somewhere that Madden has an injury. Someone else too.
Langford and Laverde are out through suspension and injury respectively. We get Shiel back and it seems James Stewart should finally be able to play seniors.

200 career games and 100 Lions games for Robinson. You have to sit back and really appreciate his work from coming into the club to now. A huge achievement and big congrats :) I think after his first few years I thought of him more as a Lions player than a past Carlton player just through sheer.. whatever you would call his game style. At least now that will also be objectively true numerically ;)

Don't know if hes carrying an injury (the game the other week was it him who limped off at one stage?) but it seems he's not firing completely at 100%, hopefully can have a big game :D

Love that blind spoil made it into high highlight reel, one of my all time favourite afl moments.

I am looking forward to the team announcement. It could be an interesting mix. Actually feel good about it (possibly delusionally).

Anyone coming in and performing well would take our reserves trade value high.

We'll get the inflated trade price for them if they choose to move later, so win-win either way.

I don't agree.

Surely we need more from a player that can only muster 2 possessions in a game footy and despite being a small forward, still hasn't hit the scoreboard.

Irrespective of hitting the scoreboard, his tackle count is 4 in the past 3 games and for the life of me, I can't work out what he is adding at this point of time that Christensen or even Coleman (purely based off last years' reserves and pre-season form) wouldn't offer. Please don't tell me that Christensen, Coleman or even Cox would give us less output than what Berry is providing.
Judging T Berry on possessions is not particularly fair. Fish commented on it yesterday and noted that he is a lock, because he does so much pressure work. He's Mitch Robbo 2.0. Defence first, then worry about the offence.

Plus, loved his involvement in Charlie's goal. Great volleyball tap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back