Unofficial Preview Changes v Bombers, Metricon Friday night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, left field an all but here’s my go at selection;)
archie out
Eagles in.... bear with me!!
Andrews to deep full forward and eagles to tallest defender. Andrews is an elite mark which you can’t really say for Eric or mcstay. They can both play higher where they can use their pace and long kicking. Eagles has always impressed me in the neafl with his excellent intercept marking and fierce tackling. He can also be used as second ruck.
Tom berry should stay....for now
I've been thinking for a few weeks that Andrews is going to swing forward at some point. I know it's risky and a stretch but if you want an imposing target up forward he's it . The key would be can we limit the cost.

I would actually bring Eagles in to be the second ruck. He would provide a contest. Skinner to come in for McStay, again would provide a contest IMO. Witherden for Lester and CEY to take Bailey’s role as he goes back for Rich.
Wow, just as we enter our stretch of games. Oh well bring it on!

Well this is going to have us Bigfooty coaches pleased.
The choices are wide and plenty
I will throw my weird but possible selections soon.
Have to have more than a 5 minute think about this weeks changes 🙃
Do you think we might get an old fashion Thursday night melt.
Ah just like the old days.

Hi all, left field an all but here’s my go at selection;)
archie out
Eagles in.... bear with me!!
Andrews to deep full forward and eagles to tallest defender. Andrews is an elite mark which you can’t really say for Eric or mcstay. They can both play higher where they can use their pace and long kicking. Eagles has always impressed me in the neafl with his excellent intercept marking and fierce tackling. He can also be used as second ruck.
Tom berry should stay....for now
Sorry but Eagles is not elite at anything and moving the best defender in the comp to full forward when scoring isn’t the issue makes next to no sense

I am quite excited about all these changes.....imagine what the non best 22 are going thru.....going to train very hard this week lol. Speaking of left field I was having the same thoughts of bringing in Payne n Ballenden and if things arent going well.......move Andrews forward. About time we saw Payne........I am certain he is getting huge incentives to depart the Lions thru lack of opportunities. Would also love to see Coleman get a go......he has played alot as a backman in the 2s and is a extremely good link man at that level. This means 1/2 the backline disappearing but if our systems are good with Birchall n Gardiner mustering the troops........it may be an improvement. Left field as I said.

my changes -

Skinner in for McStay
Bundy in the forward line (Bailey goes back for Rich)
CEY in the middle (Zorko goes forward for T Berry)
Payne to play second tall (Gardiner to move for Lester)

For Archie Smith, I kept tossing up and settled on Eagles. He can move to defense if needed and there is lot more flexibility with him compared to Ballenden.

No way T Berry gets omitted now that there are 4 changes due to injury/suspension

Out
Mcstay
Rich
Smith
Lester

In
Witherden
Skinner
Yolmen
Answerth
I wouldn't be surprised if Christo comes in for team experience and his directive skills.
Possibly in for T Berry , would give us another coolhead on the park considering Lester and Rich will be missing.

Last weeks extended bench was witherden, mathieson, Coleman and ballenden so at least two of those would get a go.

Personally would love to see Christensen in. His experience and game sense would help with so many changes
Great minds think a like.
Just read your post after my later posting.

my changes -

Skinner in for McStay
Bundy in the forward line (Bailey goes back for Rich)
CEY in the middle (Zorko goes forward for T Berry)
Payne to play second tall (Gardiner to move for Lester)

For Archie Smith, I kept tossing up and settled on Eagles. He can move to defense if needed and there is lot more flexibility with him compared to Ballenden.

I like the idea of Eagles.

He was actually drafted as a Ruckman but proved his worth as a Key defender in the NEAFL.

He played 4 AFL games in 2018 and only slipped out of the side because of an untimely injury.

You know he's going to give everything he's got and we could do a lot worse

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We also have Ambrose (6th in our BnF last year) out, who is ahead of Laverde.
Do you think we might get an old fashion Thursday night melt.
Ah just like the old days.
Could very well happen as we on Bigfooty have no idea who is going well in the twos
Just need to name say one of these that nobody has mentioned yet (i think)
Joyce, Corey Lyons, Madden, Broc Smith
And the candle will be lit :)

Could very well happen as we on Bigfooty have no idea who is going well in the twos
Just need to name say one of these that nobody has mentioned yet (i think)
Joyce, Corey Lyons, Madden, Broc Smith
And the candle will be lit :)
Pretty much, we've melted so many times at selection this year yet we're 5-2...

so who here does Voodoo :)
Seems all those people gunning for not playing this week Archie, McStay and Lester.. maybe Birchall.
They stuffed up and put the pin in the Rich Doll by mistake.

I say Tom Berry safe now cannot see making 5-6 changes
You think
Skinner for McStay
CEY and push Bailey back to Rich's spot.
Payne or Answerth for Lester. You need someone defensive if your going Bailey into Rich spot.
If Birchall reseted then Witho gets in.

I like to go someone small and fast for Archie. Let Skinner do some work cannot see it happening
So Cox or Coleman or E Smith or Dev.
As others have said not sure he go Payne, Skinner and Ballenden in the same game.

be interesting to see what goes down

I like the idea of Eagles.

He was actually drafted as a Ruckman but proved his worth as a Key defender in the NEAFL.

He played 4 AFL games in 2018 and only slipped out of the side because of an untimely injury.

You know he's going to give everything and we could do a lot worse

Yeah I'm tempted if we could explore the eagles style game plan and try to control the air more with all the tall marking options. Looks like clear weather at metricon on friday so there'll be less surging and ground ball hopefully.

Also I really like the option of Zac Bailey's aggression on AMT. If that fails, we can go Gardiner on AMT as Payne would've taken the second tall already.

i like Eagles as well.. A Robbo type player who gives 100%.. looked ok in NEAFL.
As other said I think Ballenden has great skills.. A bit of a lack to put body in I think is his problem. Seems one of those in slow motion players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back