Opinion Changes v Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Kern - "John, you will be leading the forward line this week. Are you sure you are ready for this?"

Butcha - "Pls Kern, I was born for this."

8b0647fd5dfd035a3b152a13b42bca73

#butcherstillinconfirmed
#butchachaaaa

We couldn't even persist with 3 tall forwards for a fortnight...

Shultz was massively hampered in his movement last week. The decision was right.

Call me old fashioned but I don't see how of the two forwards who were both quiet and ineffective, if one had to be dropped, it was the guy who marked and goaled in the 50, opposed to the guy who didn't take any marks in the 50 or hit the scoreboard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then why is he playing Magpies if his body needs a rest? Don't buy it. It's a form omission.

Where else would you suggest he gets his movement back ?
He got rushed back - he wasn't ready.

Last chance for Butcher. Leading the forward line. No excuses.
His excuse is that he's ridiculously been left without support. Ive seen Butch play as the lone hand up forward and it always ends in disaster. And apart from being there to support Butch, we also should've seen if Brisbane couldve played Schulz into form rather than jumping the gun.

Ah well hopefully Butch has a big weekend.

Pretty happy with that. Two blokes who shouldn't be on our list next year out, two in form players with good skills in, Butcher and Ah Chee get another chance to prove themselves worthy of another contract, and Riley Bonner not too far away. My only concern is going back to the one KPF setup, but I can't complain about Schulz being dropped after 4 touches, 2 clangers and a junk time goal last week, and we have no other fit alternatives. No melts from me.

Butch as the lone tall forward with maybe occasional support from Westhoff? o_O

The coach has obviously put the cue in the rack for season 2016, and Butch is playing for his career, but why throw him to the wolves without the support of Schulz, who if he is fit enough to play for the Maggies should at least have enough brownie points in the bank to get a gig against f****** brisvegas.

Are they hoping Butch will fail so they can say, I told you so? :thumbsdown:

This non stop sh*t has 2008 - 11 written all over it, when unfortunately the lunatics were running the asylum, and anyone who thinks getting the likes of Ryder, Hombsch, and Monfries back next year is going to be some magic bullet that will propel us up the ladder is seriously kidding themselves.

End of rant.

Yet he hits the scoreboard more reliably than any other KPF on our list. If he wants to play and is fit to play (ie, still production the scores), he should be playing.
I love the guy but he's done. I'm happy he's not in, he can't move. It was sad seeing him running around last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back