Opinion Changes v Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm ok with the changes and agree with leaving Westhoff in the forward line , he can lead up to the wing for kick outs and be there for the kicks out of the back 50 , I'm not a an of seeing the ball come out from good play by the defence but kick straight to an opposition players simply because we haven't got anyone there

Really surprised at the lack of melts, because I'm over this constant Amon shuffle. I love Schulz but it pains me to say I do think he looked past it last week, but Butch on his own will fail. Meanwhile, the whole inept senior team stays in to spud it up another week. Can't wait for another 3 possession game by Westhoff and a 0 defensive effort game from Hartlett.

Bring on 2019.

The "Message" means nothing - Palmer was named as an emergence more then a year ago, he is player better footy now then he was then but still hasn't debuted.
Selection has been hampered by a Snaffell bye again it's not surprising just the two changes & the guys picked.. we've had 3 guys debut this year u probably need to chill

Selection has been hampered by a Snaffell bye again it's not surprising just the two changes & the guys picked.. we've had 3 guys debut this year u probably need to chill

with the exception of DBJ those guys were picked through necessity - for reference sydney have played 7 first gamers. Ken just has a revolving door at selection, out one week then straight back in the next - its been the same for 2 years now.

with the exception of DBJ those guys were picked through necessity - for reference sydney have played 7 first gamers. Ken just has a revolving door at selection, out one week then straight back in the next - its been the same for 2 years now.
It's just as important to get games into Amon & Krakouer as anybody else they will be part of where we are going.. I'd like to see Frampton, Palmer & Bonner before the year is out myself but it was never gonna be this week.

Hi Guys, just finished listening to Podcast of Roo & Ditts interviewing Boaky. I thought Trav handled the grilling really well until Ditts started on the Selection process at our Club. Roo suggested that we needed players from below pushing hard to push out the senior blokes not playing well. Trav jumped on board and backed Roo. I thought this was the one area Boaky let himself down during the whole interview. We had Mitchell getting 30 plus touches every week for 12 weeks, Butch playing the best footy he had for ages, Hoon consistently getting his hands on the ball, Palmer ripping it up every week and Toumpas having 39 touches against Centrals and averaging mid 20's at around 75% DE! This is one area Kenny and the other Coaches have let themselves and us down. Toumpas should have been in this week, no doubt in my mind. Polec promoted on the back of very average SANFL form. Amon was first brought in for Toumpas after having had 15 touches at SANFL??

Hi Guys, just finished listening to Podcast of Roo & Ditts interviewing Boaky. I thought Trav handled the grilling really well until Ditts started on the Selection process at our Club. Roo suggested that we needed players from below pushing hard to push out the senior blokes not playing well. Trav jumped on board and backed Roo. I thought this was the one area Boaky let himself down during the whole interview. We had Mitchell getting 30 plus touches every week for 12 weeks, Butch playing the best footy he had for ages, Hoon consistently getting his hands on the ball, Palmer ripping it up every week and Toumpas having 39 touches against Centrals and averaging mid 20's at around 75% DE! This is one area Kenny and the other Coaches have let themselves and us down. Toumpas should have been in this week, no doubt in my mind. Polec promoted on the back of very average SANFL form. Amon was first brought in for Toumpas after having had 15 touches at SANFL??

Kens been rewarding mediocrity for 2 years now, a huge part in our massive decline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So much THIS!

Well they haven't really been knocking the door down. I've bolded the games that would have met or exceeded expectations of the coaching staff.

Butcher
v Central District
14 disposals, 8 marks, 6 goals 2

v West Adelaide
15 disposals, 2 goals 2

v Eagles
7 disposals 3 goals 1

Colquhoun
v Central District
3 contested possessions from 30 disposals.

v West Adelaide
2 contested possessions from 23 disposals.

v Eagles
3 contested possessions from 31 disposals.

Palmer
v Central District
22 disposals (4 contested), 11 marks, 1 goal.

v West Adelaide
20 disposals (7 contested), 9 marks, 10 tackles, 3 goals 1.

v Eagles
11 touches.

Toumpas
v Central District
7 contested possessions from 39 disposals.

v West Adelaide
1 contested possession from 26 disposals

v Eagles
2 contested possessions from 24 disposals

Clearly the coaches are expecting these things from their output to be considered in selection for the AFL side. So just from the last month:
Butcher - output of contest, effort and goals - pass
Colquhoun, and Toumpas - ability to win contested possession consistently at SANFL level - fail
Palmer - consistency - fail

So only one player you mentioned who has met or exceeded expectations in the last month has been named to play AFL.

On top of that Kane Mitchell was retained as a rookie to do a job - educate and help the SANFL side - Him playing AFL means we are up s**t creek.

Well they haven't really been knocking the door down. I've bolded the games that would have met or exceeded expectations of the coaching staff.

Butcher
v Central District

v West Adelaide
15 disposals, 2 goals 2

v Eagles
7 disposals 3 goals 1

Colquhoun
v Central District

v West Adelaide

v Eagles

Palmer
v Central District

v West Adelaide

v Eagles
11 touches.

Toumpas
v Central District

v West Adelaide

v Eagles

Clearly the coaches are expecting these things from their output to be considered in selection for the AFL side. So just from the last month:
Colquhoun, and Toumpas - ability to win contested possession consistently at SANFL level - fail

So only one player you mentioned who has met or exceeded expectations in the last month has been named to play AFL.

On top of that Kane Mitchell was retained as a rookie to do a job - educate and help the SANFL side - Him playing AFL means we are up s**t creek.

That is all well and good, but what were Polecs contested numbers then?
What were Schulzy's "output of contest, effort and goals"?
What Portstar Johnny said I think is quite valid.

That is all well and good, but what were Polecs contested numbers then?
What were Schulzy's "output of contest, effort and goals"?
What Portstar Johnny said I think is quite valid.
You just named players with proven AFL quality. That's why they've been picked over the average AFL players and the untried no matter how average a game they may have just played. A coach likes to think he knows what a Schulz or a Polec best 18 type player can bring to the table, but does he know what a Palmer or a Colquhoun or a Toumpas is going to bring?

A selection meeting will involve line ball decisions, and will a coach pick the player who has proven themselves to him at AFL level no matter how average they have been at SANFL? or an unknown quantity that hasn't been smashing the door down?

The proven player will get picked every time until the untried player has proven himself to be smashing it regularly at SANFL level or out performing someone who is also vying for that 22nd player picked.

No one playing SANFL for us has demanded promotion into the AFL side.

Butcher
v Central District

v West Adelaide
15 disposals, 2 goals 2

v Eagles
7 disposals 3 goals 1

Colquhoun
v Central District

v West Adelaide

v Eagles

Palmer
v Central District

v West Adelaide

v Eagles
11 touches.

Toumpas
v Central District

v West Adelaide

v Eagles

Fantasy Football has killed this generation...

You just named players with proven AFL quality. That's why they've been picked over the average AFL players and the untried no matter how average a game they may have just played. A coach likes to think he knows what a Schulz or a Polec best 18 type player can bring to the table, but does he know what a Palmer or a Colquhoun or a Toumpas is going to bring?

A selection meeting will involve line ball decisions, and will a coach pick the player who has proven themselves to him at AFL level no matter how average they have been at SANFL? or an unknown quantity that hasn't been smashing the door down?

The proven player will get picked every time until the untried player has proven himself to be smashing it regularly at SANFL level or out performing someone who is also vying for that 22nd player picked.

No one playing SANFL for us has demanded promotion into the AFL side.

AFL quality? This year Polec and Schulz haven't shown anything close to afl quality.
I know what you are saying but the "Golden ticket" is what players seem to get when they seem "afl quality".
You ask do we know what a Palmer will bring to the table? WELL NO WE DON'T BECAUSE WE HAVEN"T TRIED HIM! Thank the lord we gave DBJ, Howard, Austin and Clurey shots at afl level. Palmer maybe a bust at afl level but he may just do a DBJ and rise to the occasion, you never know unless you try.

AFL quality? This year Polec and Schulz haven't shown anything close to afl quality.
I know what you are saying but the "Golden ticket" is what players seem to get when they seem "afl quality".
You ask do we know what a Palmer will bring to the table? WELL NO WE DON'T BECAUSE WE HAVEN"T TRIED HIM! Thank the lord we gave DBJ, Howard, Austin and Clurey shots at afl level. Palmer maybe a bust at afl level but he may just do a DBJ and rise to the occasion, you never know unless you try.
Darcy came in because they wanted to try Impey forward so a spot opened up.
Howard came in because Lobbe shat the bed and then got injured.
Austin and Clurey have come in because Carlile, Trengove, Jonas and Hombsch have been injured, moved position or suspended.
Butcher came in because Dixon got injured
The fringe blokes came in and out like they always have.

Palmer is competing with Aaron Young for the same forward line spot. Unfortunately for Palmer, Young is 2nd in our goal kicking and wont be dropped.

Darcy came in because they wanted to try Impey forward so a spot opened up.
Howard came in because Lobbe shat the bed and then got injured.
Austin and Clurey have come in because Carlile, Trengove, Jonas and Hombsch have been injured, moved position or suspended.
Butcher came in because Dixon got injured
The fringe blokes came in and out like they always have.

Palmer is competing with Aaron Young for the same forward line spot. Unfortunately for Palmer, Young is 2nd in our goal kicking and wont be dropped.

Yeah, nah incorrect about Impey- his first game forward was in round 6 where he snagged 3 goals. DBJ debut was in round 3.
Palmer has actually been playing quite a bit of inside mid at the maggies, hence why it will be good to see him come in at some stage this year.

Yeah, nah incorrect about Impey- his first game forward was in round 6 where he snagged 3 goals. DBJ debut was in round 3.
Palmer has actually been playing quite a bit of inside mid at the maggies, hence why it will be good to see him come in at some stage this year.
Who's he gonna knock out of the middle? Gray? Wines? Boak? Broadbent? Ebert? he's not even ahead of S.Gray or Ah Chee or even Hartlett. He's got little to no chance to be played as anything more than a Forward who can be inserted into a few odd stoppages ala Aaron Young.

So he's competing against Aaron Young for the tallish forward spot.

Who's he gonna knock out of the middle? Gray? Wines? Boak? Broadbent? Ebert? he's not even ahead of S.Gray or Ah Chee or even Hartlett. He's got little to no chance to be played as anything more than a Forward who can be inserted into a few odd stoppages ala Aaron Young.

So he's competing against Aaron Young for the tallish forward spot.

Obviosuly not Gray or Boak mate lol. I would like to see him get a game if possible and after seeing Ah Chee on the weekend we couldn't do any worse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back