Prediction Changes v bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs will copy Eagles.

They play well here.

Bullies by 28

And we will copy how we played against Port and Carlton. I think mentally/physically the players will be back to executing at that level. And with the Bulldogs a tad less offensive than Port/Blues, plus our home ground advantage, I can see a narrow low-scoring win.

Justin gave vrry little away in his presser about selection except Chappy , Switta and Freddie. Walters will stay in but we will try and find him a role that helps him get involved. 'Bout it

Voss would only be given 1 game….pick him and give him license to go the biff.

Aggressive, strongest guy at the club and reportedly has a bit arrogance.

Bring him in he might kick a goal or two but most importantly we’ll walk taller in the fwd line.

I'd like to play Voss against the Bombers too, with him kicking five taking on the spirit of Tabs.

We have the lowest inside 50 count in the whole comp, that’s not the forwards fault
Does anyone know if it's registered as an I50 if the oppo intercept marks? I can imagine that accounting for our low I50 numbers.

We have the lowest inside 50 count in the whole comp, that’s not the forwards fault

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Thought the mids were OK actually, particularly at stoppages. It looked like Yeo was running amok, but we actually won the clearances pretty comfortably. Freo also use the ball very very well (top 3 in the AFL).

1713936778037.png

Sure, we'd all like to bang the ball in a million times, but what's the point if it's just going to get swallowed up by Barrass (11 marks) and MCGovern (9 marks)?

If the oppo's 2 key defender are taking 20 marks on you, maybe it's time to stop finger pointing?

its interesting how long our i50 count is despite being the top for clearance differential by a fair margain. youd think winning a clearance should result (with stoppages close enough), usually at worst - a dump kick inside 50. so to be so far down in i50s is puzzling

I'd like to play Voss against the Bombers too, with him kicking five taking on the spirit of Tabs.
Me too. Sheedy was the master of this, he always selected players against their former sides. Sport is a mind game and you strive for any competitive advantage you can get.

Who remembers Brodie coming on as sub and being the difference against Gold Coast last year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its interesting how long our i50 count is despite being the top for clearance differential by a fair margain. youd think winning a clearance should result (with stoppages close enough), usually at worst - a dump kick inside 50. so to be so far down in i50s is puzzling
i think what adds to these low i50s is our contested marking, bottom 3 for that. imagine we had curnow/mckay able to mark 50m up the wing, where as were kicking it to sonny ffs

I want to see fire and brimstone this weekend. We should be ravenous on Saturday night. From the moment the first bounce is made. Selection tomorrow is key.
We need to see the following at a minimum:
Chapman for Hughes (thanks for your service Ethan but I honestly never want to see you in a Fremantle jumper again at AFL level)
Switta and Frederick in for amiss and one of emmet/Banfield/erasmus/walters

Sturt needs to play as the third tall beside Treacy and Jacko. No Matt Taberner!

O meara should be dropped for Brodie but I just can’t see it happening.

Simpson and Stanley are unlikely based on what JL said to Rhino earlier.
I'd love to see us transform like Geelong '07 did after round 5 or 6 that year when they had an unexpected poor performance. One can dream.

Seasons on the line this week, expecting a big response.

Darcy always seems to lift when he’s playing against English, should be a good battle.

Having Freddy and Switta back should add some speed in the forward half.

Chappy in for Hughes should help us move the ball quicker from defence.

Will be going to this game and I’ll be pissed if they dish up the same garbage as last week

Jeez I'd hate to be a mid at Freo. Our forwards played from behind all day against Eagles and no one lead towards the ball.

You'd either have to kick short to a contest where the opposition is in front - really poor option - or kick long where McGovern and Barrass pick you off like shelling peas - really poor option.

Until we sort out the forward line, we need to hold fire on bashing the mids for 'delivery'. You can't deliver a package to a house that's not there.

Agree with this, our forwards tend not to lead to the ball carrier very often, this makes it difficult for the mids trying to get it to the forwards, pretty hard to spot up a forward who is running back towards goals unless he has a big break on his opponent.

Waterman led towards the ball carrier several times on the weekend and got very easy marks almost directly in front. The same Waterman who kicked 5 goals against the (allegedly) best defence in the AFL. The same Waterman who has been laughed about for years on this site as being a potato. He displayed more forward craft on his own than the whole Freo forward line.

Get it inside the 50m arc and it's an i50. No other criteria I don't think.

An inside 50 is counted as inside 50 no matter who marks/gets it.
Got a source for that? Not arguing you're wrong: far from it. I'm just trying to find some definitive wording.

E.g. The CD glossary is frustratingly vague: "Inside 50: Moving the ball from the midfield into the forward zone. Excludes multiple entries within the same chain of possession." The reference to possession makes me wonder. Cf. "Inside 50 Target: Recorded when a player inside the forward 50 is clearly the sole target of a teammate’s kick into the forward 50. This inside 50 target player will be recorded regardless of the outcome of the kick."

Leading at the ball carrier as a forward is not bloody hard. I cannot understand why more players cannot do it better. It’s actually more difficult to do what tabs and others do (zig zag movements before a lead into the forward pocket).
Sturt and amiss lead well but often they are ignored by the mids

From the JL press conference today, doesn't sound like Walters will be dropped.

Adrian Barich sounds like a banners hater lol the way he asked the question with disdain

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back