Unofficial Preview Changes V Carlton (Reid, Blair, Sinkers & Marsh in, four omitted or rested, see OP for team)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are over thinking it. Grundy will ruck for 90% of the game and Moore will ruck the rest. It shouldn't have any adverse effect on him physically and may just get him involved in the game. Whilst his five goals were impressive against the Dogs his possession numbers are very low. With Reid playing close to goal, Moore will have an opportunity to play further up the ground.
Nope, don't like the idea of him rucking at all at this stage of his career, even if it's chopping out for 10% of the game. I'd rather put in a more mature bodied player, regardless of their ability.

Nothing good ever came from throwing a kid with an underdeveloped body in to the ruck.

Its disappointing the selectors took this long to realise white shouldn't be playing. Can we delist him and just pay out his contract next season?

We can and I think it can Happen but that to happen we might have to chase someone like Vickery or Leuenberger

Maynard could do with a rest.

Happy for a message to be sent, but we need a second ruck. Witts or White should be in for one of the small to medium backs.

Maybe, but I am happy to see the club show faith in guys who are our future. White doesn't deserve to play and Witts cannot play an effective role with Grundy in the same side. I see Witts as being traded at the end of the year.

Its disappointing the selectors took this long to realise white shouldn't be playing. Can we delist him and just pay out his contract next season?
They could, but why would they? At worst he is handy depth.

Nope, don't like the idea of him rucking at all at this stage of his career, even if it's chopping out for 10% of the game. I'd rather put in a more mature bodied player, regardless of their ability.

Nothing good ever came from throwing a kid with an underdeveloped body in to the ruck.

I understand your concern but it's not as though he will be taking the ruck solo. The only issue is if Grundy gets injured. In that scenario we could throw Frost into the ruck. If Moore rucks 10% of the game it will be a great learning opportunity for him.

Here's an idea.... Let's just wrap him up in cotton wool for the rest of his career so he doesn't get injured again.

We have nothing to lose playing him now!!

Well, if we put him on ice from now, you'd THINK he'll be 110% for next year and we can maybe get a full season out of him. The last ting he needs is ANOTHER setback which puts him behind for the pre-season.

We can and I think it can Happen but that to happen we might have to chase someone like Vickery or Leuenberger
I would like it to happen. Like when saints delisted capuano midseason because he wasnt hitting their expectations. I highly doubt it but i would much prefer to be getting games into witts, grundy, moore, marsh and schaz

I am SICK AND FARKIN TIRED of you saying that the umps are going to decide the outcome of our match.

How many matches have they cost us in the last six weeks???

Non Exactly by then been Terrible.

Don’t like Reading it. THEN DON’T READ IT:mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand your concern but it's not as though he will be taking the ruck solo. The only issue is if Grundy gets injured. In that scenario we could throw Frost into the ruck. If Moore rucks 10% of the game it will be a great learning opportunity for him.

I have said Brown or Frost could play Ruck IF they had to

I have said Brown or Frost could play Ruck IF they had to

Hopefully that does not happen. I like Moore at CHF and think he will be a lot more involved in the game on Saturday.

Hopefully that does not happen. I like Moore at CHF and think he will be a lot more involved in the game on Saturday.

Hope So - Moore would not get all the Attention he was getting last week vs Dees.

I might be missing something but is the ruck that important??

All they do is jump in the air.........and we are playing Carltank!

Seriously considering not going now this negativity is really scaring me o_O

Well, if we put him on ice from now, you'd THINK he'll be 110% for next year and we can maybe get a full season out of him. The last ting he needs is ANOTHER setback which puts him behind for the pre-season.

I get what you are saying but ultimately Reid is a footy player who is trying to get back to playing. If you put him on ice now we are effectively saying we do not have confidence in his body.

I might be missing something but is the ruck that important??

All they do is jump in the air.........and we are playing Carltank!

Seriously considering not going now this negativity is really scaring me o_O

I agree with you. Even if they win every ruck contest we still have the midfield edge.

One of brown or frost would make sense considering marsh is playing... But I can't see it happening.

Dropping Seedsman is too easy. Why not just throw him head first into the water and see if he swims or sinks? Play him as a mid at the contest or something. Force him to follow the ball around instead of flirting on the side of the contest.

It's not like it will actually matter in the end. We're not playing finals.
he seems terrible at contested ball.

I agree with you. Even if they win every ruck contest we still have the midfield edge.

They have dropped two of their best players and we are worried about the ruck???

If we lose this game because of "one" Ruckman we might as well start following another team.

Which part on Carl.....TANKING are people not getting!?!?

Is it just me or would putting White to CHB be a viable move. We lack good field kicking and decision making from the back half from our talls. Brown and Frost are ordinary uses of the ball. With White he is athletic enough and hits packs hard and his field kicking and decision making is a lot surer than the other 2. We don't need him to take contested marks or kicking for goal down there. At the moment I feel our skill level from our back half is one of our biggest weaknesses so we need to start thinking out side of the square.
playing Jesse in defense seems to be worth a try - because he's pretty much cooked as a forward so that seems to be the only hope for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back