Changes v Collingwood - In: Watts and Salem, Out: Stretch and Wagner

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Harmes, Hannan or milkshake do nothing they easily get put aside for JV
None of them are mids, which would obviously then require some shuffling about.

Unfortunately, and realistically, it's probably brayshaw who goes out. But based on current form, it should be vince or hunt. Personally I don't think Hunt has been particularly effective in the back half of the season. And in a final I'd rather have Bernie in the side.

Funny feeling or inside info?

I can't imagine a scenario short of an amputated foot where Jack Viney misses melbournes first final in over a decade.
Funny feeling coupled with what is now being reported. The fact that he can't get off crutches, is staying in the moon boot and the club can't talk about a timeline suggests that it isn't good at all.

Funny feeling coupled with what is now being reported. The fact that he can't get off crutches, is staying in the moon boot and the club can't talk about a timeline suggests that it isn't good at all.
Surely if he was ruled out for this week he just stays with the crutches/ moon boot for extra days until he has to train. I'm same as above, can't see him missing a final.

None of them are mids, which would obviously then require some shuffling about.

Unfortunately, and realistically, it's probably brayshaw who goes out. But based on current form, it should be vince or hunt. Personally I don't think Hunt has been particularly effective in the back half of the season. And in a final I'd rather have Bernie in the side.

Why would Brayshaw lose his spot? Surely Harmes would go, and Neal-Bullen spends more time forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only ONLY positive I could pull out of JV missing the EF would be Jonesy getting to run out as sole captain for a final after everything he has been through with the club.
Did you catch Gawn on sen. He said a fair few guys had played finals reasonably recently through under 18s and obviously lewis has but with Jones it's been a long time and you can't wipe the smile off his face.

Have to be happy for him, though we're not quite there, it's good knowing a player like that will be playing on saturday so desperate to make finals. I'm sure the others are as well.

Regardless of how you look at it we brought Viney back too early. His first half against Port was superhuman but it has done more damage than good in the long run (At least in the context of this season).

Regardless of how you look at it we brought Viney back too early. His first half against Port was superhuman but it has done more damage than good in the long run (At least in the context of this season).
Yep, bloody stupid to let him play so soon after a plantar fascia injury. I never felt comfortable about it. Plantar fascia injury has been treated as a minor niggle due to the Robert Harvey urban myth that he cured it by jumping off a chair (which I think is a BS story). I know we have doctors - but they screwed this up. It's a serious injury - worth being cautious about. We should have waited. Now he's up against it to recover this year.

Yep, bloody stupid to let him play so soon after a plantar fascia injury. I never felt comfortable about it. Plantar fascia injury has been treated as a minor niggle due to the Robert Harvey urban myth that he cured it by jumping off a chair (which I think is a BS story). I know we have doctors - but they screwed this up. It's a serious injury - worth being cautious about. We should have waited. Now he's up against it to recover this year.
It didn't cure it, but a complete tear is generally less painful and heals naturally quicker.
I'll ask the missus for more detail but it makes sense. I have a client who has torn hers partially. She ran 3km yesterday and now can't walk.
She completely tore her other foot about 5 months ago, and that gives her no issue

Sounds like Bernie could make himself useful this week.
Was just little niggle. Shoves etc but he tried to take his head off a few times. seems to lack discipline
Kid did have two good choices this week, either debut for the AFL or get the chance to win the VFL goal kicking.

It didn't cure it, but a complete tear is generally less painful and heals naturally quicker.
I'll ask the missus for more detail but it makes sense. I have a client who has torn hers partially. She ran 3km yesterday and now can't walk.
She completely tore her other foot about 5 months ago, and that gives her no issue
Under normal conditions, that's probably right, but playing AFL is whole different level of intensity. The pain might vary, but the plantar fascia is also an important structural element of the foot so it shouldn't be treated as unimportant as long as there's no pain. Pain isn't the only indicator - and Viney is exactly the kind of bloke that would bullshit about his pain level so he could play. I think the medical staff should have known this about Viney and taken the cautious approach.

It's all my own supposition of course, but I remember posting about it before he came back (I thought it was too soon), and lo and behold, now he's got a dodgy foot and gets around in a moonboot.

Under normal conditions, that's probably right, but playing AFL is whole different level of intensity. The pain might vary, but the plantar fascia is also an important structural element of the foot so it shouldn't be treated as unimportant as long as there's no pain. Pain isn't the only indicator - and Viney is exactly the kind of bloke that would bullshit about his pain level so he could play. I think the medical staff should have known this about Viney and taken the cautious approach.

It's all my own supposition of course, but I remember posting about it before he came back (I thought it was too soon), and lo and behold, now he's got a dodgy foot and gets around in a moonboot.
I didn't mean the Viney part mate. Meant the Robert Harvey part. From everything I understand, a full year naturally healing is a quicker recover than a partial tear requiring surgery (and the pain is much less)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back