Prediction Changes v Gold Coast Rnd 3 - OUT: B. Hill (inj) IN: T. Sheridan

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say Sheridan is an "elite" kick that was one-wing.

I have always said that Duffield is the best kick I have seen play for Freo including saying it again when people were already rating Wilson ahead of him (he may be one day like Ryan but I favour Duff man at the moment).

Also didn't compare Tucker with Sheridan and probably agree that Tucker is the better kick.

But none of your comments above changes my view that when watching Sheridan in AFL games he has been a good kick to leading forwards (something we have lacked) and when in front of goals or even snapping has been a pretty good goal converter.

From what I've seen of him this year Tucker is the better of the two kicking to the forward target.
All I want is for us to continue with the forward delivery quality we witnessed last week.
Darcy Tucker went at 100 % eff in the 1st game didn't he ?
Ballas was lowering his eyes and hitting up Cerra and Mundy in the Essendon game.
Mitch with a magnificently weighted pass from the boundary line to Taberner at the top of the square.
Stephen Hill also with some nice passes and others looking for a lead rather than the long high kick to a contest.

All I want is for that to continue....... I don't care if it is Tom or Darcy but just maintain quality delivery.
That is all.

LATE EDIT: Oh and If it's Tom who plays then play him on a wing; He isn't a defender.

Last edited:
Just food for thought... Our team in our R20 win last year

B Hughes, Hamling, Ryan
HB Tucker, Johnson, S.Hill
C Weller, Neale, B.Hill
HF Crozier, Kersten, Grey
F Ballantyne, McCarthy, D.Pearce
FOL Griffin, Fyfe, Mundy
I/C Logue, Suban, Sutcliffe, Cox

This year
B Wilson, Johnson, Ryan
HB Sheridan, A.Pearce, Hamling
C Langdon, Neale, S.Hill
HF Cerra, Crowden, Ballantyne
F Banfield, Taberner, Matera
FOL Sandilands, Fyfe, Mundy
I/C Blakely, McCarthy, Brayshaw, Walters

Out: Hughes, Tucker, Weller, B.Hill, Crozier, Kersten, Grey, D.Pearce, Griffin, Logue, Suban, Sutcliffe, Cox
In: Wilson, Sheridan, A.Pearce, Langdon, Cerra, Crowden, Banfield, Taberner, Matera, Sandilands, Blakely, Brayshaw

That is a hell of a change over for our list! Definitely a lot more attacking, skilful players this time around.

I don't know GC's full list but definite OUT: Abblett, Wright, Mckenzie IN: Weller, Swallow, Rischetelli, Ainsworth, S.Day

As much as I dislike Sheridan coming in, at the expense of Tucker who was very stiff to be dropped in the first place, it is in line with team selections over the last two years.

I don't recall any player that was dropped and then brought back a week later? Apart from required injury replacements. Ross normally makes them go back and play consistently for at least two weeks before coming back. No one bounces back within a week, aside from Shane Kersten?

Fairly sure he did it with Barlow, Logue, Blakely (2016) and it normally is at least two weeks.

Show the player some respect by using his right name otherwise you are being ignorant and stupid.

Sorry but Rixx's buddy if he has one must be diplomatic at this time as they cant defend him as you cant defend one of RTB's poor decisions.

Wise man says... "People in glass houses shouldn't throw pots at kettles and call them black."

I am a training watcher of several years and I have watched Rixx shooting for goals in the right forward pocket on the south west corner of Freo Oval and he cant kick goals there at all so I don't rate him as highly as you do as an elite kicker. If he has made howlers in defence under pressure he is hardly elite. In comparison if you ever watched Paul Duffield then you measure elite kickers against him as the bench mark and Tommy is nowhere near as good as Duffield was by a longshot. Darcy Tucker is a better kick of the footy than Tommy in my opinion.

You spend more time with your back to training than you do watching it.

Wise man says... "People in glass houses shouldn't throw pots at kettles and call them black."
Beg to differ I called Tommy Sheridan by his nickname Rixx many here on BF use for him and what some training watchers who I watch training with do whereas the person who called Darcy Tucker "Chris Tucker " after some person in a movie he saw was trying to be clever. Thanks for your observations Wise Man and I look forward to your future significant contributions on this Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back