Preview Changes v *, Sunday 1:10pm (* home game, replacement game for NMFC members)

Remove this Banner Ad

No, Baily was on the wing vs gold coast. And ive watched every minute of every game bar one. Im not getting sucked in, Baily is trash this year. His ball use is trash, his accountability is trash. He is on thin ice
I've been a big supporter of Bailey but his use has been pretty poor this year.

I'm sure there's contributing factors e.g. team structure etc, but it has stood out.

HF line is really important to stem the drive that Redman and Martin offer.

Ford to Redman
Scott to Martin
Shiels to Merrett (in general play)

We have no hope in restricting them, and their defence now with McKay and our love of bombing forward will own Larkey.

We have to hope that we can run and gun, lower the eyes and spot up our medium forwards.

I suspect that no Draper will mean Xerri will mail Goldstein in the contest but will be too smart in general play racking up possessions.

We should do better than previous weeks however. Essendon by 62.

B:Archer (if fit) Corr McDonald
HB: Sheezel Comben Bergman

C:Simpkin LDU Fisher
F: Xerri Wardlaw Shiels

HF:Scott Greenwood Ford
F:Zurhaar Larkey Curtis

I:Stephenson Phillips Tucker Powell

S:Lazzaro
I like the line up. Probably the best we can do for now with our resources.
At some stage (does not have to be this week) I will like to see Curtis Taylor get a run on the wing / HF . Little bit more experience , been round a tad longer and has played some reasonable games at the highest level before. Also, Has played some good games in the VFL recently working hard and seems to be giving a shit again .

I'm sure there's contributing factors e.g. team structure etc, but it has stood out.

I suspect players exiting the backline are also being encouraged to take the game on with ambitious kicks into the corridor, raising the risk of turnover exponentially. Anyone with suspect form in the area (like Bailey who’d be determined to stick to what the coaches have instructed) is more often than not found out.

I yearn for his full time return to the wing so I can lament the odd kick of his failing to hit Larkey on the tit lace out rather than a costly turnover in midfield which costs us a goal the other way.

I suspect players exiting the backline are also being encouraged to take the game on with ambitious kicks into the corridor, raising the risk of turnover exponentially. Anyone with suspect form in the area (like Bailey who’d be determined to stick to what the coaches have instructed) is more often than not found out.

I yearn for his full time return to the wing so I can lament the odd kick of his failing to hit Larkey on the tit lace out rather than a costly turnover in midfield which costs us a goal the other way.
Good point re reposition.

I still rate him as future best 22, too many good points and strong character too. Just been a bit wayward this year prob contributed to by the factors your mention.

Im not asking for him to be dropped but he has directly been involved in multiple, countless turnovers actually and standing flat footed being un accountable which has lead to goals against. Flat out team demoralising stuff.

He is 1 player component that is the problem right now
not arguing against what you say however there is no one in the ressies that brings to the table what he does and even with his poor form many others warrant dropping before him, fwiw i cant understand why we moved him off the wing to accommodate stevens,

not arguing against what you say however there is no one in the ressies that brings to the table what he does and even with his poor form many others warrant dropping before him, fwiw i cant understand why we moved him off the wing to accommodate stevens,

Because Stephen was the shiny new toy which gets you automatic priority over everyone else. Stupidest thing we could have done!

right now. He’s a complete ****ing liability. If he keeps this trend of performance up, he wont be playing for us in a couple of years. I’d rather Curtis Taylor than him right now

he's not playing the role he excels in.

ive stood strong on why clarkson shouldn't be questioned in the immediate but this coaching choice frustrates me.

Yep agree , very draining.
Feels like it’s round 20 not round 10.
I’m ready for cricket season & next year
The weather has been so good in Melbourne we could have been playing cricket. I have always thought that April is better for cricket than October,

I go to Premier Firsts games in the summer with some mates but Greenvale (used to be North Melbourne) are also cellar dwellers. They cannot hold onto players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the players don’t trust each other enough to stick to game plan then I’d rather they kick to empty space, at least then it’s a foot race and I reckon we’ll end up with more of the footy, obviously that’s not going to translate into a win but it might encourage more effort?

No, Baily was on the wing vs gold coast. And ive watched every minute of every game bar one. Im not getting sucked in, Baily is trash this year. His ball use is trash, his accountability is trash. He is on thin ice
Ignore old mate betterloosenup has a hate boner for me

So despite bailey being shit he will argue otherwise

Just refer to the msd thread where he piped up about a prospect I mentioned and raised some idiotic point about thinking that player was 18 and wouldn’t play immediately despite being 23

You can pretty much disregard any of his posts in contrary to mine

Not just his use though. He’s had a few questionable moments where he hasn’t gone in a hard as he should and has been too easily muscled out of contests too often.

He’s been poor so far. I hope he turns it round as he’s had a great couple of years.

Not just his use though. He’s had a few questionable moments where he hasn’t gone in a hard as he should and has been too easily muscled out of contests too often.

He’s been poor so far. I hope he turns it round as he’s had a great couple of years.
Bailey is a good solid player and in a strong team he'd be fine, he will never IMO be super reliable by hand or foot though.

I hate these campaigners like no other. But this feels like a pre-season match.

Zero passion, excitement. Just nothing.

It’s all a bit going through the motions right now and I worry about the optics of the result Sunday.

the following announcement comes from heaven....
Saint Coach Emeritus Scamper (my little geelong cat saint)
1712263002203.png

who meows the following....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back